Does Rivers of Light require a fast pass?

Wife and I just watched Fantasmic a few days ago. We prefer to get there early to grab a seat. We didn't have anything else to do so we went in about 75 min before showtime.

If you get there early you don't have to wait in line, you go grab your seat. You might already know that but some people think if they get there 45 min before showtime that they'll just be waiting in a line. Same for RoL.

They open the Fantasmic arena usually about 90 min before the show. So you can feel free to go in at that time or wait a little bit

These two pics are from 2/17 (Saturday), presidents day weekend, that I took at 6:20 for a 7pm showing of Fantasmic

View attachment 304164

View attachment 304165

Thank you! Very good to know.

There is no way I would waste one of my three FP's at AK for ROL. And unless you are one of those folks who need a perfect view - I wouldn't arrive "early" for a FP window.

I've seen it twice - once with a FP and while not super close to the lake - I had a completely unobstructed view and was in about the middle of the FP section - and view was just fine. I personally don't think closer would have been better except for maybe seeing the details of the people on the boat (which is part of the show that doesn't really fit for me anyway). I showed up in about the middle of the FP time window.

The second time - standing room only in the standby section. We literally showed up 5 minutes to show time - and there were folks that were let into that section right up to showtime. Again - the view was great. Now - admittedly - we were standing - but we knew that was going to be the case when we entered the theater. I only recommend this for a group of adults or older kids who are comfortable standing. The younger ones in this section were restless and basically sat down on the ground and entertained themselves (luckily - with parents who kept them quiet).

I like the show - I don't love the show. I'd rather use a FP to guarantee myself a seat at FOTLK without having to wait 30 minutes in standby for that.

Completely agree with this. Every time I've looked, I've found five within a few minutes of refreshing. I look for one or two at a time until I get what I need. I've never actually seen the show, haha, but I have an AP and tested it out several times to see if it was possible.

ETA: They will be booked up completely in the morning when the day begins. But as the day goes on, people inevitably cancel.

Another reason they may pop up during the day is because you can't get a 4th FP+ until you've used all 3 of your current ones. So folks coming in with a FP+ already selected for RoL have a decision to make - keep it and suffer through the lines for various attractions with long waits, or change their RoL FP+ to another tier 2 attraction so they can try to snag a 4th (or more) FP+. If they are lucky enough, they could get a 4th FP+ to a tier 1 ride and have another decision to make or try to get RoL as their 4th but then they are stuck again.

Okie dokie I’m going on 3/21 I think theirs one show I just didn’t know like other night time shows if you should waste one on it!

Just a heads-up that March 21 is a DVC Moonlight Magic night at AK. So there will likely be multiple ROL shows, but only one before the park closes to day guests.

Moonlight Magic ticket holders can enter the park starting at 7pm, so it will probably be busier than normal between 7-9, but I'm not sure how many of the DVC crowd would be heading to the early ROL showing. I did get FP for that show, because we are travelling with a first (and probably last) time guest who is especially looking forward to the evening shows. We will do the rides later in the night when the lines are shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter