Does Rivers of Light require a fast pass?

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Hey my favorite people!

Do you guys recommend to use one for Rivers of Light or standby will suffice?

Thank you!

If only one show that night yes;if 2 shows,no(if you can attend the 2nd show).:)

Okie dokie I’m going on 3/21 I think theirs one show I just didn’t know like other night time shows if you should waste one on it!

We were in FP+ section on this past Sunday (President's weekend, very crowded). To our far right, there was at least one empty section at the start of the show. Looking across the water, it appeared there were at least two sections (at the far end) that were not full of people. My gut says to not waste one of your three FP+ on the show.

We were in FP+ section on this past Sunday (President's weekend, very crowded). To our far right, there was at least one empty section at the start of the show. Looking across the water, it appeared there were at least two sections (at the far end) that were not full of people. My gut says to not waste one of your three FP+ on the show.

Can you see good at the far end?

I've got a supplementary question to this one, if that's ok. Can you usually book the ROL fast pass as an "extra" 4th (or whatever) fast pass on the day, once you've used your regular ones earlier on? Or do they tend to run out before the day? Thanks

Can you see good at the far end?

Subjective question. I think the view from the ends would be fine. Others may disagree. You have the pods that move around, so no issue with where you sit for them. I still think you would have a fine view of the projections on the water curtain. And the two boats with people seem to be more at the far ends vs. in the middle.

I've got a supplementary question to this one, if that's ok. Can you usually book the ROL fast pass as an "extra" 4th (or whatever) fast pass on the day, once you've used your regular ones earlier on? Or do they tend to run out before the day? Thanks

Depends on how big your party is.

I was there over this presidents day weekend and I was refreshing the app to move my safari up. Two showings of RoL that night and with refreshing the app both showings kept popping up as available just about an hour before the first show.

No way I'd have RoL as one of my 3 fps. If I wanted to see the show then I'd grab it as a 4th FP or just do standby. Odds are fairly good you can get it as a 4th FP

Also to add, just because you have a FP for it doesn't mean you can show up 5 min before the show and get a seat.

This past weekend on my way to Kali we passed by the entrance to RoL. There was probably 30-40 people sitting down in the RoL FP line waiting for them to open the venue.. And this was about 1.5-2 hours prior to showtime. I thought they were crazy.

So just like Fantasmic, whether you do standby, FP, or dining package, I'd recommend getting to the arena no less than 45 min before showtime

Yes...it seems like that is usually the case. Needless to say that this show isn't really insanely popular.

Depends on how big your party is.

I was there over this presidents day weekend and I was refreshing the app to move my safari up. Two showings of RoL that night and with refreshing the app both showings kept popping up as available just about an hour before the first show.

No way I'd have RoL as one of my 3 fps. If I wanted to see the show then I'd grab it as a 4th FP or just do standby. Odds are fairly good you can get it as a 4th FP
Thanks. We are a family of four and will be there early Sept this year, so a reasonably non-busy time I hope!

Also to add, just because you have a FP for it doesn't mean you can show up 5 min before the show and get a seat.

This past weekend on my way to Kali we passed by the entrance to RoL. There was probably 30-40 people sitting down in the RoL FP line waiting for them to open the venue.. And this was about 1.5-2 hours prior to showtime. I thought they were crazy.

So just like Fantasmic, whether you do standby, FP, or dining package, I'd recommend getting to the arena no less than 45 min before showtime

I saw that also, and I asked one of the CMs if you really needed to line up that early if you had a Fast Pass, and she said no. That many of the people sitting there were not even in line - they just wanted to sit and there are not a lot of places to sit in Asia. She did say be there at least 15 minutes early.

And FWIW, you can scan in at any point once they open the gate. My FP+ said 6:35, but when I walked there at 6:15 they were letting people in. I asked that CM and he said that once they open, it reads all Fast Passes for that showing regardless of time.

I saw that also, and I asked one of the CMs if you really needed to line up that early if you had a Fast Pass, and she said no. That many of the people sitting there were not even in line - they just wanted to sit and there are not a lot of places to sit in Asia. She did say be there at least 15 minutes early.

And FWIW, you can scan in at any point once they open the gate. My FP+ said 6:35, but when I walked there at 6:15 they were letting people in. I asked that CM and he said that once they open, it reads all Fast Passes for that showing regardless of time.

Yea every show you can scan in as soon as they open. Which Disney has gotten some flack for their return times being so close to showtime when really guests should've arrived a lot earlier.

There's been a few people on here who went to Fantasmic, came in during their FP return time window, then got to the FP section and realized it was nearly full.

We are going during spring break so we did opt for the FP+ for the show. I didn't want to take chances on not getting in and I don't want to have to line up more than an hour ahead of the show to make certain we are seated!

I'm glad I read this. I have fastpasses for both rol and Fantasmic, I had no idea I should show up prior to the time given. Phew! Now I know.

Completely agree with this. Every time I've looked, I've found five within a few minutes of refreshing. I look for one or two at a time until I get what I need. I've never actually seen the show, haha, but I have an AP and tested it out several times to see if it was possible.

ETA: They will be booked up completely in the morning when the day begins. But as the day goes on, people inevitably cancel.

I'm glad I read this. I have fastpasses for both rol and Fantasmic, I had no idea I should show up prior to the time given. Phew! Now I know.

Wife and I just watched Fantasmic a few days ago. We prefer to get there early to grab a seat. We didn't have anything else to do so we went in about 75 min before showtime.

If you get there early you don't have to wait in line, you go grab your seat. You might already know that but some people think if they get there 45 min before showtime that they'll just be waiting in a line. Same for RoL.

They open the Fantasmic arena usually about 90 min before the show. So you can feel free to go in at that time or wait a little bit

These two pics are from 2/17 (Saturday), presidents day weekend, that I took at 6:20 for a 7pm showing of Fantasmic

18D0551A-D739-41FE-A1FB-D7732D01D35C.jpeg

1DC0FF04-948D-4822-8C2F-DB34C2F5A869.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter