Does Pop Warner mess up touring?

Tracy0315

Mouseketeer
I have read were several of you have been affected by Pop Warner at the All Stars with lots of noise. So, if we were to move up to a different hotel, would that be ok, or do the parks seem more crowded while they are there also? We are taking our family and DH's best friend's family. They have never been and I want this to be a great trip. So, I'm trying to decide what days to go in Dec. of 2003. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tracy:p

I've gotta say..... yes! As those groups travel in packs, they tend to fill up queues quickly when they decide to ride something... and since there are many, many groups... then you see the progression. MK seems to be the worst about this clogging effect--- we noticed it especially on the 14th and 15th (and even 16th and 17th) of December.
-MrsAPalm

I was at Disney World December 11th through the 18th, and I didn't notice too much of a problem at the parks with the Pop Warner football players, and the cheerleaders. We didn't run into lines of more than 10 minutes for most rides. The only rides we had long lines for were the Rock 'N Roller Coaster (35 minutes), Thunder Mountain (25 minutes), and Test Track (20-40 minutes depending on the day).

As MrsAPalm said, the Magic Kingdom was a bit clogged on the 15th (I was at MGM on the 14th), but I think that has as much to do with a typical Sunday crowd as it does with the cheerleaders/Pop Warner groups. I find that no matter what time of year I go to Disney World, it's always best to avoid the Magic Kingdom on weekends if at all possible. I don't know if a lot of locals go there on the weekends, or what, but I always run into lines at the Magic Kingdom on Saturdays and Sundays. I didn't have a problem with the lines at the Magic Kingdom on that Sunday--we rode on most of the Fantasyland rides with little or now line by 11:00am (we skipped Pooh and Small World), and also had rode on all of the Mountains, the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Carribean, and Buzz Lightyear by 2:00 (including stopping for lunch). We did fast pass the Jungle Cruise, however.

The only bad experience we had in a line with the cheerleaders was at Test Track. There were about 15 of them 12 to 14 year old girls in the line, and they were being loud, and obnoxious, and pushing people, and letting others cut in line. One of them elbowed my cousin's six year old son in the head, and was shooting my cousin arrow eyes because she asked the girl to be more aware of the other people in line. Other than that, we didn't have any problems with the groups.

There were tons of cheerleaders and football players at the Port Orleans French Quarter between December 11th and December 15th (the resort was pretty empty by the 16th). We only had noise issues the first night when the group was running up and down the walkway and screaming until midnight. Other than that, the groups were well behaved at the Port Orleans French Quarter. The travelled in packs of 6-20 (usually without adults). Occasionally, there would be a few boys playing catch on the lawn, but they weren't being noisy.

I'll take the cheerleaders and football players over the groups of teenage Brazilian boys any day. But I won't get started on that one...

Karen

We were there 12/7-14 and didn't really notice the groups at all except a little bit on Friday 12/13 when I guess some people were shopping at downtown disney and on Saturday 12/14 at MGM. It really didn't affect our touring at all but based on the other poster's experience I wonder if they keep the kids tied up in the beginning of the week and then give them more free time at the end. Her dates would have been the second weekend of Pop Warner so maybe. We're already planning to go back next year at the same time b/c we really weren't affected by it. The crowds were practically non-existent for anything we went on - which was a lot!

FYI,
The Pop Warner group was also staying at POR when we were there Dec 12-15. The only problems we had were at the food court. It was very, very noisy! We have stayed there countless times and even over the summer and we couldn't tolerate the noise level in there that weekend! It was awful. An additional problem was how slow service was there. They just lacked enough help to get those lines for food moving. DH waited over half an hour for an omelet!!!!

Next December visit we will be using our DVC points for sure!!!!

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

Thanks everyone for your help. I want this to be a magical trip for my DH's best friend's family. This is going to be a major event for them.

Thanks
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter