Does anyone know of a Magic Kingdom "behind the scenes" tour?

lucky978

Mouseketeer
My DH says he wants to try this as someone told him about it, but I can't find any information on it. He says they take you underground and stuff? Anyone know?

Keys to the Kingdom: This amazing tour will take you all through the Magic Kingdom. You'll learn amazing facts about the various components that make up the "happiest place on earth", and even experience some of the attractions. Note: Tour participants are not 'back doored' into any attractions on this tour. Participants will wait on standard queues with other guests.

Here's a link to all the info on special tours at WDW that we have on the DIS
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm#KeysKingdom.

We did this tour a few years ago before we had kids. It was really, really interesting. We learned so much about MK. It was great going in the utilidor, and our CM was very knowledgeable. I'm trying to remember what all we saw, and what's coming to mind is the tour down Main Street, the wig room, the utilidor, and a tour of Tomorrowland. There was lunch at Columbia Harbor House too. I'd really recommend this tour.

Ann:earsgirl:

Originally posted by Baloo
Note: Tour participants are not 'back doored' into any attractions on this tour. Participants will wait on standard queues with other guests.

hmmm...is that new? we were 'back doored' onto the Jungle Cruise. (grabbed a free boat after it was unloaded.)

we bypassed the stretching room in the HM and got right into the line just before the moving platform for the doom buggies.

hmmm...i think those were the only 2 we went on...

Thanks to everyone! I'm thinking we'll skip this because we'll have our daughters with us (5 y.o. twins). I'm afraid it will ruin the "magic" for them. My husband will just have to take me there by ourselves if he wants to go on the tour!!!

Thanks!

I'm considering taking this tour in June, but the one nagging question I have is do you learn anything more on this tour than they show on the Travel Channel shows? I've seen pretty much every possible one over the last few years, and I'm concerned that I'll feel like I wasted my money if it's nothing any more 'inside' that what I can find on the television. Comments?? Thanks!

lukcy - yeah, you have to be 16 to do the "behind the scenes tours"...so that the magic isn't ruined! :)

ibleedblue...trust me, seeing some backstage places on TV and actually walking around them - 100 times better!

DH and I are booked for a Keys to the Kingdom tour on the 17th. I'll check back in and let everyone know how it is :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter