Does anyone else go alcohol-free in WDW?

I rarely drink at home, but when I'm on vacation, I have a few. I can't handle alchohol like I could in my 20's, so if I have 2 drinks in one day, that is a lot.

Last edited:
I generally drink a little more at Disney than in my regular life because I don't have to worry about driving. My DH almost always orders beer when we go out to eat, so I always drive. It's nice at Disney that we can both have a drink or two at dinner and not have to worry about who is going to drive home.

Like others I don't drink a lot at WDW because of the prices and I'm not much of a drinker anyway. However, I do have a beer or two (or three) in the World Showcase. I discovered Schofferhofer grapefruit beer at the German area years ago and it was a highlight of my trip. I don't have a problem if people drink at WDW or anywhere else. It's when they drink too much that it can become an issue.

Like others I don't drink a lot at WDW because of the prices and I'm not much of a drinker anyway. However, I do have a beer or two (or three) in the World Showcase. I discovered Schofferhofer grapefruit beer at the German area years ago and it was a highlight of my trip. I don't have a problem if people drink at WDW or anywhere else. It's when they drink too much that it can become an issue.
To be fair, the grapefruit beer is half juice. 2.5% alcohol content compared to 5% for a Budweiser, so having two of those is like having one beer.

We are not huge drinkers at home, but typically at Disney we try to do one Signature dining experience in which case my wife will have a glass of wine and I will sample a beer (or two!) that I wouldn't other wise buy.

I truly only enjoy alcoholic beverages of the “fruity, girly” variety lol, but I don’t even have one per day at WDW - it makes me too hot, my cheeks flush, and so I’m just generally a bit uncomfortable after I drink half of it. So, as tasty as those tropical drinks may be, I mostly drink water and will have only one or two drinks during the entire week.

:sunny:
Ditto for me. And alcohol makes me sooooo sleepy too! So I've found if it's a hot day, even having half a drink at WDW makes me feel miserably hot and tired. In cooler temps, and especially at night, I can handle it without feeling miserable -- but even then my H and I will usually just share one. I am used to drinking water 99% of the time, so drinking calories in addition to eating a meal also has a tendency to make my stomach feel overly full and icky...not the way you want it to feel when walking around World Showcase in 90 degree heat, lol.

Yeaaaa... Drinking 🥴, my favorite topic 🙄

I've stated my opinion on this subject in an older post, only to get flambeed (all pun intended - envision Anger from "Inside Out"). People are who they are and what they do; that doesn't make them bad people, just bad at decision making. I'll just leave it at that...

Like the Dos Equis man might have said, "I don't always get drunk. But when I do, I prefer to do it at Disney World".

I don't drink at all out of respect for my husband who is 14 years sober. Neither of us has issues with others drinking as long as they are not drunk to the point of being stupid. It is a personal decision for us and we don't feel the need for out personal decision to effect others.

Congrats to Boyfriend! 6 months... that's awesome! :cheer2:

Thanks!

I don't drink at all out of respect for my husband who is 14 years sober. Neither of us has issues with others drinking as long as they are not drunk to the point of being stupid. It is a personal decision for us and we don't feel the need for out personal decision to effect others.

Congratulations to him for being sober that long!

Yeaaaa... Drinking 🥴, my favorite topic 🙄

I've stated my opinion on this subject in an older post, only to get flambeed (all pun intended - envision Anger from "Inside Out"). People are who they are and what they do; that doesn't make them bad people, just bad at decision making. I'll just leave it at that...

Like the Dos Equis man might have said, "I don't always get drunk. But when I do, I prefer to do it at Disney World".

I'd love to hear more.

So I have a drink or 2 per week at home, more if away with the boys for the weekend..But until our last trip never had a drink at the World. Too expensive for my taste, and I used to bartend. This last trip we had the dining plan, so I did indulge, did not need to but since it was included, I did. Would I again, only if included. Dont need to drink, and will only if I have one that is good to my taste.

Well, I will say it - alcohol is a large part of our WDW budget. We typically drop $$$ each day on it. Whether it is a round-the-world at Epcot, a few hours at the resort bar, or a few pre/during dinner. We are beer drinkers, mainly, but a dirty gin martini or two before dinner sure starts the night off nice! But hey, we don't spend money on souvenirs (hate clutter) or sweets/desserts...so it probably balances what other people spend in their budget :)

I never acquired a taste for alcohol, so I don’t drink in general. My Sister and BIL occasionally have a drink in real life, and occasionally have a drink at Disney. They are more likely to have a spiked hot chocolate at Epcot during the cooler season than a frozen drink when it’s hot though. The three of us generally drink a ton of water when it’s hot in the parks. So long as people aren’t drunk and vomiting in the walkways, I don’t mind if they drink in the park (although I do wonder how many people should be driving when they leave Epcot . . .).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter