• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

does anybody EVER have luck with tricare online????????????

lyeag

DIS Veteran
A big vent. I haven't found anyone who can find available appointments on this system. I just tried to use it again after a long break of not even looking. They changed the system, changed my primary caregiver and put me back under my late husband's ss #!! (he died in '93) I remarried in '96. Can they ever get it right??????

Thank you for listening.:badpc:

We have yet to go to a single provider that files under the correct ss# (DH's). Every single time the kids or I go to the dr or have labwork done it is filed under my ss# and Tricare kicks it back and denies the claim. I have told the offices repeatedly and even remind them when we are there for the office visit and they still screw it up every time!

We had a hard time finding some providers in this area which is surprising since we have 2 bases here. :confused3

This is for appointments at the base hospital! This is for THEIR system. It amazes me. I have regular meds that I have to get periodic bloodwork done to see if they need to adjust my dosage. It is such a pain in the you know what. We are tricare prime, so we can't just go out in town, and I think it would be worse anyway.

Finally gave up trying to get an appointment on post-It had been over a year since I had seen my primary kept getting PA. I am suppose to be seen every few months since I have lupus the the medicine I take has to be moditer. Finally requested a transfer off post and got a civilian dr. Now appt so much easier. We have tricare prime.
I know it can be frustrating but it seems at our base alot of the drs. deploy and they are short handed and are using PA.
Check with the tricare office to see if you can transfer-have to fill out paper work to state why you are requesting the transfer--stay on it and keep following up.
Sandy

Wow-ive never tried to use the online-but my MTF (Evans Army Community Hospital) is wonderful-never had trouble getting an appt-if my PCM is backed up and i need to be seen right away-they schedule me with an alternate-i see the same alternate so its always one of two docs. My son has way more hassles with his off post civilian provider in Boulder.

I get frustrated because I don't go online enough, lose my password and then they have to mail me a new one instead of emailing it like any other website.

We are now seen offsite because there was no availability on base, which is better because it takes about an hour to get to base.:scared1: Then, my sons first visit, Tricare isn't paying the provider because he had used up his first 10 visits which I didn't know about and no way did the new provider know. We are not responsible, but the provider is still sending a bill, so will make 3rd call to clear that up. Honestly though, I think Tricare should pay the claim. I was seeing the doctor so they could put in a referral for my sons OT.:confused3

Otherwise, I am pretty happy with Tricare. They do pay for a lot more than other insurances would.

I always have to call for an appointment - the only appointments that are ever available on the virtual MTF appointment website are for eye exams! There are billions of eye exam appointments! Never any appointments for well baby exams, which is what we always need. Frustrating! But, I can almost always get it with a phone call, so it's no biggie.

Wow-ive never tried to use the online-but my MTF (Evans Army Community Hospital) is wonderful-never had trouble getting an appt-if my PCM is backed up and i need to be seen right away-they schedule me with an alternate-i see the same alternate so its always one of two docs. My son has way more hassles with his off post civilian provider in Boulder.

Evans is my MTF too! I agree with you, I never have a problem, my only issue is the wait at the pharmacy but I generally just go to wal-mart or somewhere and request to have the prescription transferred...I'd rather pay 3 dollars than wait 2 hours.

For those of you that are frustrated with the lack of appointments on tricare online, be patient, it was like that here when it first started but now they generally have lots of appointments, it just seems that it has taken forever for the system to catch up with itself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter