Do you make DH go to couples showers?

If you accept an invitation for any event we're hosting you can expect a minimum of one choice of beer on tap. Two or three on tap is by no means unusual. There's also a fairly wide variety of soft and alcoholic drinks available, potentially including a variety of interesting craft brews. It's a pleasure to offer our guests choices. My husband is an avid homebrewer and really enjoys sharing his creations.

Fine, I'll bring the wine. :snooty:

It's simply a matter of "knowing your audience." When I invite people to my home I have alcohol on hand because I know my guests will accept it, but I don't have soda because most of the people I know aren't soda drinkers and the few that are will still be choosing alcohol over soda. If I were inviting my imaginary teetoling, Diet Coke guzzling friends then I'd skip the boozy libations and have a couple of cases of Diet Coke on hand instead.

Same here. I will buy soda if kids are coming but I don't have any in the house unless guests that drink soda are coming. We don't drink any soda at home but if I think you do I will provide it and I know the kids like it. I also will have a couple of kinds of juices for kids.

Well, I've been married 28 years, and part of the reason why is that we don't "make" one another do anything. I've certainly done my share of attending events that I didn't want to because I was doing it to please him, and he has for me also, but coercion never enters into the decision. However ...
"showers" of any kind are my personal 9th Circle of Hell, so I don't even make myself go to them. I remember when I got married, a friend was apologizing/complaining that she wasn't going to be able to throw a shower for me because of my travel schedule. I assured her it was no big deal -- while silently breathing a prayer of thanks. Showers are the worst species of party ever invented -- I send regrets and a gift through the mail, take the bride or the mom to lunch and call it good.

or felt the need to attempt to shame grown adults for their beverage choice at any given event.
So you are saying that I am? I don't in general "host" the get togethers but if anyone was out at my house there is always beer in the fridge if someone wanted it. But unless I know an invited guest will want it (which as NEVER been the case) I am not going to go out of my way to buy wine, just so I have it available. I have no issues with someone drinking alcohol at a get together/party/event. That doesn't mean I don't find it odd to have it be part of a party for children or a pregnant lady.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!