Do you make DH go to couples showers?

I prefer couple's showers, but I don't make DH go if he doesn't want to. Except to ours. I made him go to ours.

Hanging out with family & friends, eating, and celebrating doesn't seem like just a girl thing to me.

No I wouldn't make him go to a couples shower, but what you have described sounds more like a family get together...with his family. The other men are his brothers and BIL's? I'm sure the guys will find other things to do besides drink.

I agree, I guess I don’t get why he didn’t want to or couldn’t hang out with his brothers-in-law and his own father who was also there! I know OP mentioned a few times the BILs are younger than OP and her husband, so what, they are his family and all adults.
Anyway glad it worked out for the OP.

How is a shower more boring for a man than a woman? Seriously, I don't get it. I've gone to many co ed showers and it's just a party/get together with food, drinks and eventually opening some gifts. No different than a birthday party, house warming, Christmas party etc.
I think they are boring for both. I was able to help out with the food during most of the games, and then I snuck out, before I had to play any. The whole draw on a onesie, pick the name, write inspirational messages on a diaper, baby gift bingo, are not my thing either. I just didn’t think that DH should have had to go, just because it was a couples invite. DH did go spend the next day with his family hanging out and playing cards, while I was at work.

I think they are boring for both. I was able to help out with the food during most of the games, and then I snuck out, before I had to play any. The whole draw on a onesie, pick the name, write inspirational messages on a diaper, baby gift bingo, are not my thing either. I just didn’t think that DH should have had to go, just because it was a couples invite. DH did go spend the next day with his family hanging out and playing cards, while I was at work.
Boring for both + It's his sister = I think he should go.

Okay haven’t read all the responses. But I never “make” my DH do anything just like I don’t let him do things. He is an adult he can make his own choices. I ask he declines, ok. If it is important to me he already knows and will respond accordingly.

Okay haven’t read all the responses. But I never “make” my DH do anything just like I don’t let him do things. He is an adult he can make his own choices. I ask he declines, ok. If it is important to me he already knows and will respond accordingly.
And if you didn't want to go to his sister's shower?

I've been to tons of parties where the guest of honor can't drink but there's still at least wine and beer. Quinceanera's, Sweet Sixteen, a kid's birthday party, wedding where the bride just doesn't drink or is pregnant, plus so many more. Makes no sense to me to not have alcohol just because the guest of honor can't partake. I like making my guests happy and sometimes wine and beer does just that so we serve it.

I don't "make" my husband do anything.

No, he probably wouldn't attend a shower unless it was for one of his very best friends or family members. He doesn't enjoy that kind of thing so:confused3

I have never been invited to or know anyone that had a "couple's shower" soooo I guess I have no idea.... but I tend not to make people do anything.

Because a birthday party for a one year old is no fun for anybody except for the baby's mom and dad.
So grown adults have to have alcohol in order to participate in obligatory family events?? I guess I don’t feel the need to be constantly entertained & attend some family functions b/c I should. I guess no one sucks anything up anymore? I also don’t invite ppl to those occasions who aren’t close family or friends so I would hope it’s not as intolerable to them as you make it seem since they’re likely close to the child who’s bday it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter