Do you have YOUR baby book, cards, etc?

Pembo

OH-IO
And are you saving "stuff" from your own kids???

My mom saved all the cards she received when I was born and there were alot since I was the girl after 3 boys! I also have my baby booties, hospital bracelet and a few other things. My baby book is pretty empty...I guess having 4 kids didn't give my mom much time to write in it! LOL!

As for my boys, I save everything! Sure hope they appreciate it! :)

I have no baby books and very few pics of me.:( But I have my boys' baby books, First Birthday cards, etc.:D

I treasure mine. I have one that tells my whole life story right up until I'm a grandparent. It's called"All my LIFE"

I even have bought my wedding memory book and plan on doing same thing with it.

I have nothing from my infancy :( I do have a little crocheted dress thay my mothers' mother made for me but that is it :(

I guess it was all lost somewhere during mother's first divorce, or maybe the second...or the third...maybe even the fourth. I don't have anything before first grade besides that dress :(

I have almost everything for my ds though. Baby book and cards and little booties and anything made by a family member :)

I still have all my baby cards that my mum and dad recieved and I have all the ones my children got at their births too!!Ihave my own babybook and also one for each of the children.I also kept all the Christmas cards they got on their first Christmases!!
I know they will think I am mad but I don't like parting with anything!:)

Funny you should mention this.. Just today I was at A.C. Moore (love that store!) and bought a scrapbook for myself. My Mom saved a few of my things, but not a ton since I was the last of 4. I want to work on putting together a book about...me! (In my spare time..ha!)

I do save just about everything of my two kids (3 & 7) and I do keep scrapbooks for them. Even at their ages they love to see what they were like when they were "babies" ( they are still babies to me!)

Jill

I have mine! I also have instructions that were left with my nanny when my mother went out of town for the first time. I was 11 months old. They are written from my point of view. "Hi, I'm Dana, 11 months old, cute, cuddly and adorable. Here is my daily schedule, my likes and dislikes, and my general instructions." I learned later that I hated cinnamon and vanilla custard, and I loved opening and closing the cabinet doors, and turning the pages of magazines. I definitely hope to keep all of those things when I have my own children. :)

What a cute thread!

I received my baby book from my mom shortly after DD was born. I had seen it before, through the years growing up but, I finally asked to keep it here. It doesn't have much in it. Mom was only 18 when she had me. I remember the cards, though. 10 cents, 15 cents and, WOW, 25 cent cards! I also have my Christening gown (a little yellow) and the slip, hat & booties as well as a couple dresses (they look like doll dresses) LOL.

DS's baby book is much larger with more info than DD's but, I have them. Also, many school papers and EVERYTHING that was ever handmade by family.

My mom gave me my book when my kids were born.. unfortunately the pages were messed up...

So my mom fixed it, by putting all the pages (the binding got messed up!) in a photo album and doing a fabric covering with contrasting patterns...

My daughter found it the other day, and we were just looking at it. She swore up and down that the pictures of me and my sister were her and her cousins (my sisters kids)

All I have of mine when I was a baby was the IT'S A GIRL tag that was on my baby thingy when I was born, and a tiny dress my mom liked that she used to put on me. Well, pictures, but that's it.

I have a baby book for each of my kids. I also have 2 first year calendars for them. I also have my pregnancy calendars saved for them (detailed experiences I had with them-weight gain, bp checks-I had high bp with both of them, etc.). I keep everything in a trunk for each of them. Inside is my favorite maternity shirts, and my favorite outfits I put on them. I'm a packrat sometimes.:o

I have my babybook, my cards when I was born and several pieces of clothing. I have all my report cards and awards I won in school along with photos, newspaper clippings and the like. I have my braid when I got my first haircut.

I have all of Hunter's stuff. I have her first 3 years of school all in notebooks organized. I am a sucker for all that kind of stuff!

I was the last of four and my mom had very little saved from when I was a baby. I have the cancelled check my dad paid the hospital with for my delivery and I have the baby congratulation cards and a couple of pictures, but that is it. DH on the other hand has a baby book and lots and lots of pictures.

Now for my DS I have gone a little overboard. I have two baby books for him (both were gifts) and a toddler book that goes from ages 2-6 and all three are packed to the gills. As far as photo albums, I have too many to count. :)

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I am an only child, so YES I do have all that stuff my mother saved for me. I have it for my kids too except for the cards. I just couldn't bring myself to save all those! Now I kind of wish I had.

I have my baby book and cards. Trouble is - I had to BEG my mom to buy me one when I was 11, and she had forgotten a LOT by then!

I have baby books for my 3 kids, but I'm terrible about writing in them. I also saved all the cards...somewhere! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter