Do you go to Church/Synagouge?

Boston 5602,

Lisa and I have been attending the UCC Congregational Church in Asheville for the past several weeks now and just love it!!!!!

There are so many couples that look like us and they are extremely welcoming. We have even convinced several of our friends to come with us.

The Pastor of this church, Rev. Joe Hoffman just took a REALLY big stand for the rights of gay people to marry. He got up during his sermon on February 19th and told the congregation that he would no longer be officiating at weddings in the church until he could sign the official paperwork for gay couples as well. People are still welcome to use the church for weddings, but another minister has to be present to sign the paperwork. The entire congregation was on its feel applauding after he finished speaking. It was amazing to see such support from a church congregation.

Linda

gppnj said:
About two years ago I had a second coming out when I finally admitted - first to myself and then to others - that I am basically an atheist. I'd like to believe in a god, but I don't and never have.

I know what you mean, gppnj. Telling people that you are an atheist is indeed a type of second coming out and one that meets with a lot of disapproval. Been there, done that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter