• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you get so you HAVE TO go solo occassionally?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
What I mean is, that you love going with family and friends, but you just really look forward to a few days by yourself at Disney? I generally go every year on a solo trip. Well, this year DS wanted to go with me-I was thrilled! After all, he's 21 and the idea of going on a vacation just with Mom? I can't wait for that trip! At first, it didn't bother me to give up my solo trip-after all, there's always next year. Then it started eating at me, first just a little pestering voice, then next thing I knew-I'm calling for availability during the F&G Festival in May, making airline reservations-I just can't go a whole year without my solo trip. I'm going over Mother's Day weekend-DH said "go for it"-he can't think of a more apt way of me spending Mother's day. Anyone else this "hooked" on going solo?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE taking family and friends. I took my first solo trip in 1998, then again in '99 and 2000. But there are SO many friends and family members wanting to go with me all the time, that I feel like Tour Guide Barbie. One day I looked up and it had been FOUR YEARS since I went solo! I am SO looking forward to going solo next month! Family and friends keep asking to go, but I've learned to say NO.

I have been going solo the past few years, but it hasn't felt like solo since I was there during DIS-Con and MouseFest. I'm going next month, and will truly be solo during the days, then meeting friends in the evening. I am looking forward to that very much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter