Do we want a DLP section on the DIS Community Photo Gallery?

rob@rar.org.uk

Skiing is best, Mickey comes next
The DIS Community Photo Gallery has sections for the WDW parks and for Disneyland but not for DLP. If we asked for a DLP section would there be enough people to post their favourite DLP photos so we can show the rest of the DIS just how beautiful Disneyland in Paris really is?

Regards

Rob

Absolutely!! There have been some stunning photos on this site and we're all very proud of "our" park - let's show the rest of the DISboard folk what DLP's really like and why we love it so much :banana: :banana: :banana: !!

I don't have any pictures to post of DLP since I have never been there. But I would love to have a section for the DLP pictures since I will be visting in 2007 and would love to see everyone's pictures! :flower:

Rob
we had a previous thread "your favourite DLP photograph", so I'm sure there would be an interest in this.

Reid

Cyrano said:
Rob
we had a previous thread "your favourite DLP photograph", so I'm sure there would be an interest in this.

Reid

Thanks Reid, I'll search for it.

Regards

Rob

I've never been to either of the American parks, but whenever I've seen photos of them, they seem to be a lot less colourful than photos of DLP. Is that just my imagination or is it true? Maybe DLP just has the best photographers ;) but the photos always seem so bright and the views so picturesque. I've seen photos of Space Mountain at one of the American parks and it's like a big grey dome, whereas "our" Space Mountain is such vibrant colours.

Am I imagining things? :confused3

Bonnie said:
I've never been to either of the American parks, but whenever I've seen photos of them, they seem to be a lot less colourful than photos of DLP. Is that just my imagination or is it true? Maybe DLP just has the best photographers ;) but the photos always seem so bright and the views so picturesque. I've seen photos of Space Mountain at one of the American parks and it's like a big grey dome, whereas "our" Space Mountain is such vibrant colours.

No, I don't think it is your imagination. The Disneyland park at Paris is so wonderfully themed that I think it puts other Magic Kingdoms into the shade. However, the walt Disney Studios compares less well... :(

Regards

Rob

I've seen photos of Space Mountain at one of the American parks and it's like a big grey dome, whereas "our" Space Mountain is such vibrant colours.

I totally agree - I think "our" Space Mountain is absolutely stunning! :goodvibes

A DLP photo section would be great and hopefully I will be able to contribute to it one day!!!

Cyrano said:
Rob

Reid

Yes, there were some fantastic photos in this thread. I think a DLP section is an excellent idea. I might even be brave enough to contribute once we've been!:teeth:

OK, we've now got a DLP section on the DIS Community Photo Gallery!

There are sub-sections for the Disneyland Park, Walt Disney Studios, DLP Hotels and Disney Village. Posting your photos there is very easy - To upload photos you seem to have to login again (using your normal screen name and password). When you have logged in, click the 'Upload' button and follow the prompts. It's straghtforward to do. The guidelines are to keep your photos smaller than approximately 750 tall and 550 pixels wide so that they can easily display on a monitor set at 800x600 resoolution.

Can I suggest that we try to post photos which are mainly about DLP itself in this section, and photos of your loved ones in the Members Galleries section. This is not a hard and fast rule, but I hope it is a sensible way to decide how to organise the photos. Regardless of where you place them, all your photos will be seen in your Members Gallery.

The homepage for the Photo Gallery is here.

Regards

Rob

I've added a new sticky thread (hope you don't mind) which includes a link to our new DLP Photo Gallery and links to the DLP videos I posted earlier. If anyone else has any online videos please let me know and I'll add a link. I've called the thread "Disneyland Paris Multimedia" and hopefully it will give people who haven't visited just how beautiful DLP is.

Regards

Rob

Bonnie said:

I've only been to the American parks, mostly Disneyland and WDW once. But I watched a show on Disneyland Paris on the Travel Channel and they said something to the effect of how Disneyland Paris uses brighter and warmer colors because it is cooler there. Also, because it is so warm in Disneyland and WDW, they like to use cooler colors to make it sense less hot.

I've got some photos I've scanned in but the gallery won't accept them. What format should I use?

Libby

Dimplenose said:
I've got some photos I've scanned in but the gallery won't accept them. What format should I use?

Libby

I think it will only accept jpegs.

Regards

Rob

Thanks, I've just managed to upload my first photo. I've off now to resize a few more.

Libby

Dimplenose said:
Thanks, I've just managed to upload my first photo. I've off now to resize a few more.

Libby

Excellent! That's a fabulous one of Phantom Manor - shows it in all its spooky glory :scared1:

Regards

Rob

Yeah! At long last somewhere to show off my DLP piccys.. not that i have many good ones! :earboy2:

I've just uploaded to pictures of my favourite castle and didnt know it could be that easy!!

I suppose if I can do it then anyone can! :teacher:

Thanks again for setting up this :earsboy:

Mickeyetta :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter