Do the Minnie Vans go to Universal?

disfam15

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I am so sorry if this has been asked before. Does anyone know if the Minnie Van goes to Universal? I heard that they will go off site but will not pick you up off site. Has anyone taken the Minnie Van off property? If so, how much did it cost?
Thanks!

Oh- I forgot to mention that we would begin on property (Wilderness). We were planning to take an Uber or Lyft but we will need one with a car seat so the cost might be about the same.

Hi,
I am so sorry if this has been asked before. Does anyone know if the Minnie Van goes to Universal? I heard that they will go off site but will not pick you up off site. Has anyone taken the Minnie Van off property? If so, how much did it cost?
Thanks!

No they don't. They will take you anywhere on property, but they do not leave the bubble.

Thank you so much! That was what I thought but then I saw that they went off property in a video so I wanted to double check.
Thanks again:)

Thank you so much! That was what I thought but then I saw that they went off property in a video so I wanted to double check.
Thanks again:)

Currently they only go offsite for airport pick ups for those staying Club Level. This service costs $$$. Disney will not take you to Universal..they want you to stay and spend money on their property, not the competitions.

Currently they only go offsite for airport pick ups for those staying Club Level. This service costs $$$. Disney will not take you to Universal..they want you to stay and spend money on their property, not the competitions.
Thank you-I figured it seemed too good to be true:) Thanks!

No they don't. They will take you anywhere on property, but they do not leave the bubble.
Because they do not want YOU to leave the bubble, lol! That's the whole purpose behind ALL modes of Disney transportation -- to retain a captive audience ONSITE.

OP, you might want to bring your own child seat, especially if your child can use a BubbleBum or folding booster. Lyft does not have any vehicles with child seats. Uber has some, but Uber is not buying any more child seats, so the numbers are dwindling. Having your own booster will make availability MUCH easier, you'll be able to use both companies, and you'll save money.

Uber has some, but Uber is not buying any more child seats
Uber never did buy car seats in Orlando -- at least not since I joined. It was up to the driver to find the signup info, buy an approved seat and get trained on their own dime. I'm sure many drivers didn't even know it was an option.

Hi,
Thanks!
LOL....No....They are Disney property and therefore remain on Disney property or transportation to MCO. To get from WDW to Universal, you can Uber or Lyft (non-Minnie Van). I don't think Universal would like to see Minnie Vans on their property; that would be like having Harry Porter broom vans on WDW property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter