Do the higher A/C Temps impact your ride experience?

croissant de triomphe

Earning My Ears
Just got back from a 3 day park trip and although it wasn't an unusually hot period I am really noticing the indoor attraction spaces being hotter. I know it is cost savings for the company and more 'green' but outside of discomfort I really noticed a difference in the ride experience. For example The Seas with Nemo and Friends doesn't feel nearly as immersive when its warm. And the GotG queue doesn't really feeling like I am experiencing an advanced civilization if they can't afford air conditioning. I just have visceral memories of going into WDW attractions and having the dark and cool ambience after coming out of the blazing bright Florida sun.

I grew up without AC in St.Louis Talk about humidity in a city sandwiched between the Mighty Mississippi and Missouri Rivers. AC was not even in automobiles . I still try to live without AC as much as possible .
Hydrate with water and ask for an extra cup of ice to keep it cold while in those long lines. Also wet down a bandana to wrap around your neck.

Last edited:
I'm in MK now and have definitely noticed this in many of the indoor rides and shows. It's not ruining my experience but it is definitely noticeable how hot and stuff it is in certain attractions.

I went in March so I can’t really comment on it too much. But I did feel like some areas needed AC. But again it was March so maybe they just didn’t have them all running yet.

I never thought of it this way, but I agree it does negatively impact the ride experience.

Conversely for the rides that do have blasts of cool air it's made those rides better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter