• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I need Picture Project?

garris3404

Focus on the magic!
I just got my Nikon D50. Do I need to use the included Picture Project 1.5?

Or can I use something else? I have trial versions of Adobe Photo Album 3 and Paint Shop Pro Studio. Should I get the upgrade to 1 of these? Or shoud I use something else? :confused3

What does Nikon Capture do?

My goals are to organize, edit (basic and some creative/fun), and make CDs that will also play in a DVD player. Thanks in advance.

As far as normal photo editing, you can use whatever program you want as long as the photos you take are in the JPEG format from the camera. The Nikon capture is for taking photos in RAW mode where the photo is like a film negative and everything is captured. The JPEG format compresses the photo some and thus combines some like colors. RAW is just that, raw and everything is recorded just as the camera saw it. I hope I explained that right. I am waiting to open my trial version of Capture until I have played with the camera some more. Then I plan to see what I get when I use RAW. My gut tells me I will be buying the full version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter