DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quote below from the Flex Pass Superthread mentions that a CM on the phone line for the AP extensions/partial refunds said that passholders have until the end of June to make their requests. There has been no official announcement yet about a deadline, but for those who have not yet called to make their decision, heads up!

I believe you can still call and extend them. I called to extend mine (also on monthly payments) last week and they said that we had until the last week in June to get the extension applied. I need to call back though because my passes still show that they are expiring next week even though I requested the extension.

The quote below from the Flex Pass Superthread mentions that a CM on the phone line for the AP extensions/partial refunds said that passholders have until the end of June to make their requests. There has been no official announcement yet about a deadline, but for those who have not yet called to make their decision, heads up!
I was hoping to have more time to make a decision. Truly, I was hoping they would do what Shanghai (I think?) did and didn't start the timer again until after the reservation period was done. This doesn't sound like DL will do the same, does it.

Does this mean that all Disney parks have government approval to reopen except DL?😕
Tokyo DLR hasn’t announced a reopening date. It’s also not owned by Disney so that could make a difference in how they approach a reopening.

Reactions: EmJ

I was hoping to have more time to make a decision. Truly, I was hoping they would do what Shanghai (I think?) did and didn't start the timer again until after the reservation period was done. This doesn't sound like DL will do the same, does it.
WDW has stated that their reservation period will last until Sept. 2021. If DLR's reservation period lasts close to that length of time, they can't stop the AP clock for that long. As I posted above, there hasn't been any official announcement about a deadline to make your decision, but it couldn't hurt to be thinking about it more seriously this week.

Here is my concern, and why Disney would be more forthcoming with its plans BEFORE deadlines are made. I have the Signature Plus pass which expires on August 11th. I want to take the extend my pass option since they are not likely allowing pass renewals for a bit so I can go. However, if my annual pass benefits are the same (same number of days allowed to go and to hold reservations) as a lower tiered pass, then I will be very upset that I am still paying so much more. It would be better for me to let my pass expire at that point and purchase a lower tiered pass.

It's not fair to ask me to make a decision like this without all the information ahead of the decision.

Here is my concern, and why Disney would be more forthcoming with its plans BEFORE deadlines are made...
Again, as I have posted above, there has been NO official announcement about a deadline for APs to make their choice. If you wish to discuss your situation, ask about it in the Reopening Speculation thread on the Disneyland Community Board. Maybe someone there will have good advice.

Have any Flex Pass AP holders who canceled the remainder of their pass by phone received their prorated refunds yet? Just wondering if I missed an announcement on when that would happen. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I need your help! We set up the Payment plan for 2 Signature plus passes to Disneyland. Then we paid cash to upgrade them to Premier so that we could go to Disneyworld. My problem is that we cannot go to Disneyworld due to the whole Covid-19 thing and would like to get a refund of the cash amount we paid. So far, there is not a CM who knows how to do that! anyone out there have a clue? we don't mind getting a refund just for the cash and still make payments on the original pass. HELP!

I haven’t seen any way to link hotel reservations and tickets for Disneyland, everything I’ve seen have been referencing Disney World... so it may not be updates for our side of the US yet.

I just received an annual pass holder survey. A lot of your standard questions on how long I’ve had the pass, how often I visit, if I was aware of all the limitations with the reopening.... then it asked how each of those changes (masks, social distance, reduced capacity, no parades or fireworks, etc) affected my decision to maintain or renew an annual pass. I marked a couple things as affecting my decision, one of those being no parades or fireworks. *The next question specifically called out those two things and asked me which was most important to me.*

They also asked if I would use digital options to... and then listed mobile food order, boarding groups, etc, and *reserve seats for shows or performances.* That struck me as interesting since I haven’t seen anything mentioning any digital reservations or seat assignments for shows...

That sounds like a mess! I'm so sorry! I don't know if it will be possible or not, honestly, if none of the CM's have been able to do it. You might have to end up getting a refund for the Premier and hope you can re-purchase in several months? Or if you're local, when DTD opens, you might be able to get something done on property, if the ticket booths are open at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter