DL/DCA food not to be missed

My current summer faves:

DL:

Alien Pizza Planet - Nebula Noodle Salad (this is really my latest addiction!) The ginger-lime vinaigrette with the cold soba noodles and grilled chicked are so refreshing. I will say it had way too much edamame and mint leaves on Wednesday when I had it though....

Jolly Holiday Cafe - Strawberry and Goat Cheese Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken - another delicious and refreshing option when it's hot

DCA:

Pacific Wharf Cafe - Tomato Bisque bread bowl

Adorable Snowman - Frosty Parfait - my kids didn't love the blue raspberry swirl, but I think it's really good and goes well with the lemon soft-serve

Jack Jack's Cookie Num Nums - my new in park go-to chocolate chip cookie since Ghirardelli did away with their colossal chocolate chip cookie :sad:

Ghirardelli - my kids are obsessed with their sundaes and ice cream, so we end up here a lot

DLH:

Tangaroa Terrace - Shrimp Tacos - again another refreshing option. I'm not a fan of heavy food; especially in the heat! I save room for my heavy treats!:rolleyes1

Yum! A lot of your choices sound right up my alley. :) Thanks for sharing! Adding it all to my list of must-haves...

I used to love this. Unfortunately, the last time we got it, about a month ago, it had shrunk about 50%, and they changed the filling. It literally tasted like sugar and perfume. It was also thick and crumbly, like dried paste. It was absolutely disgusting. :(

Oh No!!! I hope that was a one-off incident!! This macaron was my daily GLORY - I had it for breakfast and sometimes again in the afternoon, shared with DH.

Can anyone, who's going to the parks soon, check on this macaron to see if what it looks like now? If you buy it, snap a photo of you holding it so we can see how large it is. (I'd really appreciate it!! Thank you!)

Oh No!!! I hope that was a one-off incident!! This macaron was my daily GLORY - I had it for breakfast and sometimes again in the afternoon, shared with DH.

Can anyone, who's going to the parks soon, check on this macaron to see if what it looks like now? If you buy it, snap a photo of you holding it so we can see how large it is. (I'd really appreciate it!! Thank you!)

I'm not going until September but I'll definitely be buying one even if they've shrunk

We're finally heading to DL/DCA next month after being away for a couple years. What are your "not to be missed" foods in the parks? The girls have already insisted we have to try the Grey Stuff at the Red Rose Taverne. We'll be there during the last days of Pixar Fest, so any of those treats can be included, too.
I don't buy a ton of food at the Parks now, but some of my go-to foods were
  • Tomato soup/grilled cheese from Jolly Holiday
  • Chili cone carne from Carsland
  • Clam Chowder from Pacific Wharf
  • Corn Dog from the Corn Dog Castle
I tried the cocoa churro in Frontierland and really liked it. The poutine flatbread from Red Rose Taverne was very tasty.

Disneyland
- Dole Whip float
- Bengal BBQ - pork belly or bacon/asparagus
- I used to always get the Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou but was disappointed in it last 2 times
- Many recommend the Corn Dog but I disliked it ... WAY too much breading (I do like the corn dog at DCA tho)
- Pommes frites and gumbo at Cafe Orleans
- Any of the twists from Maurice's Treats
- Raspberry Mickey Macaron - hope they haven't changed this!
- Sliced mango w/Tajin or sliced pineapple from the shop near Indy is SO refreshing

Disney California Adventure
- Cozy Cone - Red's Apple Freeze, Chili Cone Queso, any of the specialty popcorn but especially the pizza
- Ghirardelli - Chocolate covered raspberry sorbet bar
- Corn dog (don't remember the name of the cart)

Disney Hotels and Downtown Disney
- Trader Sams - Fried green beans
- Beignets at Jazz Kitchen or Jazz Kitchen Express (better than the ones in DL IMO)

I *still* need to try the funnel cake fries at award wieners.

I can second the boardwalk pasta and salad.

Also the chili at the cozy cones.

I’ll add that I love the salad at the French market. I usually get a veggie skewer at Bengal bbq.

I am unhappy with the size of the sandwich and the bread but I used to love the veggie sandwich at award wieners. It’s just ok.

Uh, I was wondering the same thing... because I don’t wanna miss anything... so I am aso happy for all the suggestions...

So, I have on my “must do” list for my upcoming trip...( for now anyways):
Soup in a sourdough bread bowl (royal steeet Veranda and pacific wharf)
Tigger tails ( critter country)
Frozen lemonade ice ( these hard frozen ones you eat like ice cream) from a cart in front of GRR in DCA
Churros of course
Corn dog ( I have never eaten one)
Monte Christo Sandwich/ blue bayou

On my “I’ll probably” do list
Beignets ( ‘mint Julio bar)
Dole whip
Grey stuff gateaux
Chicken ( either plaza inn or in flo v8)
I would move Dole Whip to the “must do” list along with skewers from Bengal BBQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter