Distilled Water?

doublescoop33

Earning My Ears
My mother uses a CPAP machine that requires distilled water,not exactly something we wish to bring along. Where can we get some while we are at Art of Animation?

I've heard that the gift shop carries it - have you asked in the DisAbilities forum?

Or go online on the Disney site and chat?

They have them at the gift shops at all resorts. They charge @ $3+. If you have the capability to stop at a store on the way, get the water there. You can save a few $$.

They have 1 gallon distilled water jugs available so plenty to last your whole trip, YMMV. This is always the first thing on my mind to do after our room is available. Yes it's triple what you pay at a grocery, but the convenience of being able to purchase in the gift shop and not have to worry about it is worth $3 to me.

One trip our room wasn't ready and we went off doing something. I realized when we returned to AKL I had forgotten to get my distilled water. I was worried what to do and DH suggested asking at the front desk if they might be able to help. Glad I did, a nice manager unlocked the gift shop and brought me out a gallon of distilled water and simply added it to our room charge. I was so appreciative of her sensitivity to my issue.

P.S. as someone else noted - that is, if you remember to get to the gift shop before it closes - lol - and don't see it, ask because they always seem to be able to find a gallon for you :)

As a CPAP user, you can get away with using bottled water if you do not have any distilled water, just clean the water chamber daily.

You can also place an order with Garden Grocer or some other delivery service. I order distilled water, bottled water and some breakfast items we can eat in the room. It is more expensive that you'd pay at home but cheaper than the gift shop. If you order from Garden Grocer ahead of time they offer a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter