Disposable bottle liners . . .

BlueFairy

DIS Veteran
We have the regular Avent 9 oz. bottles. I was looking into buying disposable liners to use in the parks with my bottles, but the Avent ones say "for use with Avent Disposable bottles and nipples only". This means that I would have to buy all new bottles and nipples, a considerable investment. Also, there are Playtex ones that say they are for the Playtex Nurser system.
Has anyone used either of these with regular Avent bottles and colorless clear Avent nipples? Do they work or should I skip it or buy the correct bottles?
Thanks!

We used avent for our kids but I never tried to use the liners in the regular bottles.

Personally, I wouldn't bother buying new disposable bottles and nipples if you don't already have them for a few reasons. First, it does save you from having to wash the bottle, but you still need to wash the nipple anyway so it really doesn't save you from washing. If you have to wash the nipple, rinsing the bottle only takes a few more seconds. Second, you don't know if your little one will take the disposable. My middle child wouldn't. He was very picky when it came to his bottle and didn't like the disposable avent even though he drank from the regular avent. Third, if you plan on using powdered formula mixed with water and need to make a full 8 oz bottle, it is very difficult to fit and still have room to shake in the disposable avent bottles because they are smaller. I often ended up not pulling the liner up high enough because I needed room to mix and then the bottle would leak all over the place.

So, I say to just use what you have and what your little one is used to.

It would probably be just as easy to buy a couple extra nipples for your current bottles, and some of the dish-soap disposable clothes for cleaning the bottle on the run.

I'll share on other tip - I used powder formula. I would put a big bottle of warm water in my bag (it is easier to keep water warm then mixed formula cold), a papertowel with soap on it in a ziploc (before the ready made days!), and then just use warm water with my powder - no need to heat, and clean up right after DD finished by making a change stop in the bathroom and wash the bottle right then. Then we were ready to go the next time - and we could use a clean nipple since I left my brush in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest