DisneySea the first week of June 2018

tschaan

Mouseketeer
We will be in Tokyo for 5 days at the beginning of June. We are doing 1 day at Tokyo Disney Resort. Originally, we decided to do DisneySea. But... after looking at the refurb schedule, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Toy Story will both be closed that week. We were planning to skip Toy Story anyway BUT what impact will having 2 tier one attractions closed have on park attendance? Will locals stay away or will the lines for the remaining rides be crazy? Should we bail on DisneySea and hit Disneyland instead. We’ve been to WDW too many times to count and DL 3 times in the last 4 years? Opinions?

In my limited experience, I think the locals will still go to DisneySea, so the other rides, especially Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones, will be crazy busy.

I couldn’t really recommend ditching DisneySea if, based on your comment about being to WDW too many times to count, what you’re really looking for is a new and unique theme park experience. In that case, DisneySea is obviously preferable to Disneyland which will be very familiar to you.

You could go to DisneySea for most of the day and then buy an “evening” admission ticket to Disneyland that evening (if you want to see the other park).

You didn't say the exact dates but if you care about the event schedule: the 35th anniversary started in Disneyland last week and will continue into next year. Easter at DisneySea ends on June 6. After that it's Tanabata at both parks.

I think the correct question is actually what will the Fastpass availability be like for the remaining rides with two Fastpass attractions taken out. I can't predict what lines will be like but I don't think it should be the main consideration for which park to visit. DisneySea will be the more unique experience but you really can't go wrong with either park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!