Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Friends please do your best to stay on topic and ignore anything you have to. Don't be provoked into an online fight.

I'm not sure how long it has been since I've been on the boards... but I'm happy to see Dee is still doing her best to keep this thread friendly, helpful and fun!! Can't wait to be at BC in just 12 days!!

~N

Here is our view, upgrade to Lagoon View from a standard view. Wheelchair accessible room with a standing only balcony, so 1 of 2 room requests were met (close to elevator (yes) and large balcony (no)). Pleased/happily surprised with the upgrade!
You must be two floors above me right now. :wave: We have the exact same view and we also have a wheelchair accessible room.

I'm not sure how long it has been since I've been on the boards... but I'm happy to see Dee is still doing her best to keep this thread friendly, helpful and fun!! Can't wait to be at BC in just 12 days!!

~N

Welcome back!

Dee really does work hard to keep this thread friendly, helpful and fun!

Hang in there....12 days and counting. :cloud9:

Hi everyone!

35 days until we're finally back at the BC - I'm getting so giddy I don't know what it do with myself ...

Quick question - is the BC still the last stop on the Magical Express? If I can remember correctly I think the route was POR, BWI, YC and then BC - is that correct?

Have a great night!
When we took the ME express this morning we stopped at YC, BC, BWI and CBR in that order.

Hi everyone!

35 days until we're finally back at the BC - I'm getting so giddy I don't know what it do with myself ...

Quick question - is the BC still the last stop on the Magical Express? If I can remember correctly I think the route was POR, BWI, YC and then BC - is that correct?

Have a great night!

The past couple of trips for us the Magical Express route has been MCO > Caribbean Beach > BWI > BC > YC

Did they reopen all of the first floor and does it look like the refurbishment is finished? The last report that I remember reading was that the secret entrance door was closed due to construction at that end of the wing.
It's still closed and the rooms are still being worked on, info accurate as of yesterday when I did laundry at least :)

The past couple of trips for us the Magical Express route has been MCO > Caribbean Beach > BWI > BC > YC
That has been the route our ME has taken almost every time we stayed at the YC/BC, until last April when we had a crazy bus that stopped at AoA, Pop, CBR and then we were the last ones left on the bus. It was a bit annoying but at the same time interesting to see how the ME is handled at the value resorts. The ME drops passengers off where the cabs and regular guests are dropping off. In fact, our bus had to wait for one of the airport vans to load up before we could pull out. The moderates and deluxe rsorts are much nicer with their designated bus areas.

Hi everyone!

Have a great night!
When we took ME on Friday it was Caribbean beach /Boardwalk /BC then YC last

characters dont cut it,but if say people were taken care of then alrighty then!!!! what did you receive?:fish:
Since you're fishing....here you go.....

The resort did an awesome job in a difficult situation which was out of its control:

There were characters in rotation in the lobby of the YC and the lobby of the BC at all times.

They set out large quantities of cold water out in the lobbies.

We were told a convention center room over at the Boardwalk was set up and a bus ran back and forth all night long for guests who wanted to relax in airconditioning. With characters, complimentary beverages and food over there too!

We were given the options of moving to another resort, either temporarily for one night or for the rest of the trip, with travel vouchers included.

I would say the resort stepped up!

We chose to stay since we felt the resort would continue to treat us well.

As far as I know some of this information was relayed to guests via an automated voicemail. I overheard the front desk as well as the lobby staff answering questions and fielding complaints and concerns. As always I am very impressed by Disney and the Beach Club rocks!

~N

You again!

Got any trips planned???

~NM
PS. We're stopping at Walmart before we get to the BC. Need to add anything to the list??

1) Bananas
2) Benadryl
3) Pool noodles

Did they reopen all of the first floor and does it look like the refurbishment is finished? The last report that I remember reading was that the secret entrance door was closed due to construction at that end of the wing.
You could use it but had to go to the second floor We entered from outside and went up the stairwell one flight into blissful AC

So we've been here one day and we're all settled in. I don't have many pictures yet, but I'm a terrible photographer.

When we arrived at MCO, I had a text that our room was ready. It was room 2000. I immediately tried to find the posts by izzylovesmickey and why the room wasn't up to par, because that sounded like their exact location. It took a while to find it, because we're a pretty chatty bunch. :) I'm pretty sure we have your exact room. The balcony is pretty shallow, if that makes sense. I can absolutely see it getting cramped. Since we have a woods view, I wasn't too worried about fireworks. I had them check to see if they could move us, but we would only have gone up one floor and moving freaks my tween out (switching resorts is okay - switching rooms at the resort gives her an attack of the vapors). So we'll stay. The AC is loud. We tend to keep it on the warmish side, so it hasn't been going much. I have to say, my husband would have loved that balcony. Now, he only likes to stay at AKL, because he likes to watch the animals from the balcony. But he'd love not having any evidence of neighbors. I have to say, that standing balcony is pretty silly. I don't really know what the point is to it. But it's pretty quiet over here at our end of things (well, except for the toddler who is standing outside the room right now calling for his mommy). We heard some folks playing music last night, but that ended before 11. Or I just passed out from exhaustion.

Love staying CL. Wish we were at BC, but we'll survive after being spoiled for a few days. Really hoping for a refurbed room!

Oh, and we rode IASM and I thought of Dee. :lovestruc
When Ninja Mom does that the family calls it a "Power Nap". Was the banana spiked with Benadryl? It took me forever to figure out they were spiking my banana with Benadryl. Here I thought they were just being nice to me when they kept asking: "Are you hungry for a banana? Can we get you a Banana? You really should have a banana, it's good for your constipation!".

Then I got one of those banana sniffing Beagles and it was back to my regularly scheduled program of nagging.

Sleep with one eye open people, sleep with one eye open...

~NM

LOL. Her nap didn't last too long. We didn't think of the benadryl trick. I swear, since she got that pacemaker upgrade, the kid doesn't nap much at all. And she's wired until about 9 every night.

We have a pretty full day planned at MK today, then we meet my sister and niece. Turns out my niece is having anxiety about starting college and is mopey about not being at the same place as her boyfriend, so this might be interesting. My sister said if she's crabby, she can just hang out at the pool or in the room watching TV.

I'm bumping up your post. I don't know the answer, but I haven't seen the question before and it is an interesting one. If someone is staying soon in a room with a daybed, could you see if there is any kind of label and take a picture or write down what you find.

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

Thanks Dee!

The reason I'm asking is because we have a tiny cottage and the very old couch needs to be replaced. We started thinking if we could buy a daybed like at BC, that would be awesome!

Thanks for any info.

To all at BC, enjoy!!!!

Tarak mentioned the a/c being loud. Is it the type that runs for awhile and then shuts completely off (complete silence) or does it stay on all the time with the condenser just kicking on and off as needed? Hope that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter