Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We had a pre-YC one night stay at ASMo on Aug 31, and received a survey via email on Wednesday-ish. Haven’t received one for the YC stay yet, but we only checked out yesterday.

At YC, we booked garden view, and our requests were king bed with easy access to SAB. Got 2148, which is a king room with a gazebo view, right at the corner closest to the elevators so you’ve got extra breeze on the balcony (no neighbor to the right). Used the stairs way more than the elevator. Great room location for us since DH is part fish and has to visit SAB regularly or he gets grumpy. No lotion, sunscreen or pen/paper, but we had tissues (they were on the nightstand, not in the bathroom, so had to hunt at bit for them). Housekeeping said there’s no lotion or sunscreen anymore, but you can buy it in the gift shop. Huh.

Dorian couldn’t afford to visit Disney, so we had a great trip with low crowds. No waits to speak of anywhere. Walked on to so many rides that we didn’t use most of our FastPasses. Glad we didn’t cancel.
Thanks for the review! We are requesting a king and have that category booked. Did you have a full balcony? Also, was it noisy by the elevator?

Thanks for the review! We are requesting a king and have that category booked. Did you have a full balcony? Also, was it noisy by the elevator?

All of the rooms at the Yacht Club, with the exception of 1 WV room at Club Level, have full balconies.

Can't answer about the elevator noise.

::yes::

Yacht Club Shared Balconies

GADisneyDad14

ninafeliz

View from one of the shared balconies:

More pictures available on the Yacht Club Room View Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/

At the YC, there are 4 rooms on the 5th floor Club Level, 4 rooms on the 4th floor that share balconies, and 4 rooms on the 3rd floor resulting in huge communal balconies. These rooms are in the Standard View category and look out over the Port Cochere and front entrance parking lot.

This configuration would be great for groups of families booked in multiple rooms, but surprisingly, other guests who have been assigned to these rooms have generally given positive reviews, noting that when they have used the balcony they rarely see others out there at the same time.

One of the complaints I have heard, however, is that the noise from traffic at the front entrance portico can be bothersome- particularly from the Magical Express buses that are dropping off and picking up passengers.

5th Floor, Club Level:

5176- 2 queen beds, daybed, tub/shower combo
5178- 2 queen beds, daybed, shower only
5180- 2 queen beds, unknown if daybed

4th Floor

4182 ??

3rd Floor

3176- 2 queen beds, daybed, tub/shower combo
3182 ??

Comments/Reviews from guests who have stayed in one of these rooms:

There are 4 rooms on the balcony but we have rarely seen anyone else on it. It is very large and close to the lounge, plenty of room to spread out with your family. There is a large shared balcony on the 3rd 4th and 5th floors. The lounge is on the 5th. These rooms have some of the best standard views and you can see the Magic Kingdom Fireworks off in the distance from some of these balconies

@natebenma apologies as I'm several pages behind and not sure if you're still looking for shared balcony info. We were in YC 3176, two queens, daybed, tub/shower, first shared balcony room on the left if you're standing in your doorway looking out to the YC entrance.

I agree with other comments that the noise from the front was noticeable on the balcony. However, it never carried into the room once we sealed the door. We saw evidence that other people were in the rooms as there were a few towels drying, but we never actually saw any other occupants. The kids did see mousekeeping one evening in another room, which they thought was hilarious. The balcony was absolutely enormous and a real godsend to allow the kids to have some space to move.

Last edited:
Could someone please confirm that there is a shared balcony on 3 floors (Club Level, 4th floor and 3rd floor). For the 3rd and 4th floors, are there 3 or 4 rooms that are part of the communal balcony?

If you have stayed in a room with a shared balcony at the YC and have comments or pictures to share, I will add them to the above post.

Looking for descriptions of the bedding in each of the rooms (king bed, queens, daybeds?)

I would love to have more pictures of the views from these balconies.

:thanks:

Yacht Club Room 5163, X163 and Porthole Balconies

Room 5163
*NO BALCONY*
Windows overlooking Gazebo courtyard
2 Queens, Daybed, tub and shower

We just returned from our second stay at YC CL this month(!) and it was just as fabulous as our first stay!

We booked a standard view room this time (earlier this month we had a water view). My only request was a daybed, which we got. We did not have a balcony but had 2 large windows, which nowadays is fine with us. Our shower was not the walk-in shower like earlier this month - it was the tub/shower combo. Our room was sort of in a corner so felt larger.

View to the right:

View to the left:

View straight ahead:

Thanks for the description and photos @TJA

X163

The vertical stack are x163 water view rooms below CL room 5163 (red circle). They all have a balcony or patio. They also have a set of windows around the corner which make these rooms 2-3 feet longer due to the roof line / wall architecture. Also due to the additional windows on the side wall, these rooms have a slightly different room layout.

Room 4163:
pre-renovation

Room 4163, Disney Park Guide

From MickeyT:

balcony view

window view

1163- Patio???

Note: Not all full balconies are equal, there are some variations due to the wall architecture.

Porthole Balconies:

Here is an example of a different full balcony that we call the "Port hole" rooms. They are scattered along the YC overlooking Crescent lake / boardwalk.

Room 3001
2 Queens & Daybed
Round window to Crescent Lake and additional windows on the side
Long Hallway
posted by gluestickgirl

Room 3001 does have a balcony, just with a round window. You enter the room and there's a hallway that's about the same length as the bathroom. You turn right and there's a dresser to the right side and the closet / bathroom to the right, and then that opens into the room. 2 queen beds + a daybed. There are 3 windows to the side that face trees & a canal.

There was enough room in the hallway as you come in for all of our luggage - it was fairly wide.

Thanks for your input @Dave006

Last edited:

I am STILL trying to wrap my head around the X163 rooms...

Room 5163- YC Club Level

Just windows, no balcony at all???

Is this considered a water view or garden view or standard view

Here is the floor layout map, but I can't tell which color 5163 corresponds to in the key.

Standard Club, Standard Club with Tub with Handrails or Lagoon Club, Tub with Handrails

YC Floor Map Floor 4 and 5.jpg

I really don't see many reviews/comments about this room from guests who have been assigned there. I have always wondered if maybe this room is used less frequently than other YC CL WV rooms.

Rooms 4163, 3163, 2163-
Full balconies, but smaller than the regular YC balconies
If you have stayed in any of these rooms, could you provide a description/pictures.

Room 1163- patio
Does anyone have a description or picture from this room?

Last edited:
We are doing the ASMo stay prior to our YC stay also. How did this work for you guys?

We do this all the time, since normally we leave after work and don’t land at MCO until after midnight. DH can’t see paying YC prices for that first night. We Uber/Lyft over to YC in the morning and drop bags with bell services if our YC room isn’t ready yet. Works really well. ASMo was just renovated, and the rooms are really nice.

Page 1532-1533

Have a fantastic trip!

:woohoo:

I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip in spite of and probably due to the concern about Dorian.

Thanks for the excellent, detailed description of your room. Of course, I want to hear more! Did the room have a daybed, chair, ottoman, desk/table? Did the bathroom have a tub/shower combo or shower only?

Do you happen to have a picture of the view that you could post or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo?

:goodvibes

Chair/ottoman - no daybed. Shower only. Sorry I didn’t take a pic of the view this time. It’s an okay view, looking over the back bit of the gazebo and across at the building on the other side. Nothing spectacular but better than a roof or dumpsters. :-)

I am STILL trying to wrap my head around the X163 rooms...

Room 5163- YC Club Level

Just windows, no balcony at all???

Is this considered a water view or garden view or standard view

Here is the floor layout map, but I can't tell which color 5163 corresponds to in the key.

Standard Club, Standard Club with Tub with Handrails or Lagoon Club, Tub with Handrails

View attachment 433838

I really don't see many reviews/comments about this room from guests who have been assigned there. I have always wondered if maybe this room is used less frequently than other YC CL WV rooms.

Rooms 4163, 3163, 2163-
Full balconies, but smaller than the regular YC balconies
If you have stayed in any of these rooms, could you provide a description/pictures.

Room 1163- patio
Does anyone have a description or picture from this room?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-questions.749076/

Full balcony, with an opening on the right side since there’s no room there. Very nice. View is average, but okay. Elevator isn’t noisy at all...it’s the people waiting for it, so no way to predict.

Thanks for that trip into the way-back machine!

I'm still not sure I have the answer to my question about view type with any confidence. At first they thought SV, then WV. I do remember an "argument" on this thread (I think one of the previous versions) about whether the room was WV or GV, since the windows overlook the wedding gazebo.

For the record- I always believed it was water view.

:confused:

Chair/ottoman - no daybed. Shower only. Sorry I didn’t take a pic of the view this time. It’s an okay view, looking over the back bit of the gazebo and across at the building on the other side. Nothing spectacular but better than a roof or dumpsters. :-)

Two weeks ago I returned from a trip where we stayed at AKL. We hadn't stayed there in a while and our last several trips have been to the BC or BWI. I wanted to post a few thoughts we had while there. We love AKL because it's so relaxing and seeing a zebra a few hundred feet off the balcony just can't be beat. That said, I will only stay there again if we don't have park plans.

1. You cannot beat having the ability to walk to Epcot and DHS (although my kids complained about the walk to DHS because they are weak). Every time we left Epcot, all I could think was, if we were staying at BC or BWI, we'd be in our room in five minutes. Staying at AKL, all I could say was we'd be at the bus stop in five minutes. Ditto DHS. I'd happily walk back to BC from DHS, even in August, to avoid the busses. We ended up taking Lyft half the time because I just couldn't take the busses anymore. And we didn't even have to wait very long. It was just so much faster with a car.

2. If you're taking the bus to Disney Springs or a park, you have three destinations from which to choose. During our BWI stay, we'd take the BWI bus or hop over to Swan/Dolphin or BC/YC, depending on which bus showed up first.

3. The pool at AKL is lovely, but it's not Stormalong Bay. I really, really missed that sand bottom. We really loved the slide at BWI, too, creepy clown and all. But again, it's not SAB.

We're planning to go back in the summer of 2021. I might start our trip with three days at AKL and no park plans. After that, I'm really torn between BC and BWI. If I can swing it, I want to stay CL, and the club lounge at BWI is hands down my favorite. The food was amazing and the staff were superb. But I truly missed SAB and the BC.

A little more information on the CL shared balcony rooms. Room #5176 has a tub/shower combo. Room #5178 has two queens, a day bed and shower only.

Two weeks ago I returned from a trip where we stayed at AKL.

*snip*

We miss you!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at AKL and to provide a comparison with stays at BC and BW. I have added a link to your post to the section that has resort comparisons (Page 1, Post 16)

We miss you!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at AKL and to provide a comparison with stays at BC and BW. I have added a link to your post to the section that has resort comparisons (Page 1, Post 16)

I also missed that beach club lobby scent. I can't recall why, but we did walk through the lobby at one point and it was so nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter