Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So, is there still an Ale & Compass lounge, serving drinks and food? If so, where?
In December 2017 I spent a few hours with friends in the Ale and Compass lounge located in the YC lobby in the same area as it was before drinking a few libations with some friends who had come down from Summerfield to visit. Quite a nice place to relax and talk. We didn't order food but I'm guessing if we had wanted something it could have been obtained.
Katesdad

Lunch is available at Crews Cup Lounge, but not A&C lounge? Is that correct?
No, it's just the opposite. Lunch no longer served at Crew's Cup.

Crew's Cup hours were shortened, after Ale and Compass Restaurant and Lounge opened. Crew's Cup hours are 4:30 PM - 11:30 PM.

The menu was recently changed. It now offers a burger, which had been dropped from the dinner menu, after the hours changed. Listing the Crew Burger (which is a new burger) and the Prime Rib, as Appetizers, is interesting. :confused3

Appetizers

Crisp Romaine Salad
Shaved Parmesan, Caesar Dressing, Focaccia Crouton. Add Grilled Chicken or Chilled Jumbo Shrimp
$9.00

Pancetta Deviled Eggs
Pimento Cheese, Pickled Pancetta, Candied Jalapeño, and Parmesan Crisp
$8.00

The Crew Burger
Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Regatta Sauce, and Shoe String Onions on House-made Toasted Bun served with French Fries
$18.00

10-oz Roasted Prime Rib
Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, Au Jus
$36.00

Oysters Rockefeller
Cottage Bacon and Creamed Spinach
$19.00

Baked Cheese Dip
Manchego and Parmesan, House Chorizo, Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, and Pretzel Bread
$13.00

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Old Bay Poached and Homemade Cocktail Sauce
$19.00

Charcuterie and Cheese Board
House-made Charcuterie and Artisanal Cheese
$19.00

Yachtsman Soup of the Day
$9.00

Crisp Romaine Salad
Sourdough, Pull-apart Onion Rolls, Roasted Garlic, and Salt Butter
$7.00

Skillet Cookie
Slow-baked, House-made Chocolate Chip Cookie, Vanilla Gelato, Chocolate Ganache, Milk
$6.00

Entrées

Churrasco Steak and Truffle Frites
24-hour Marinated and served with Red Chimichurri
$36.00

Braised Beef Short Ribs
Mashed Potatoes and Horseradish Potatoes
$33.00

10-oz Roast Prime Rib of Beef
Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, and Au Jus
$36.00

Last edited:

So, is there still an Ale & Compass lounge, serving drinks and food? If so, where?
The new Ale and Compass Lounge is still in the same place, but the bar has moved and is now behind the fireplace. You can't see the actual bar from the lobby, which is a mistake, in my opinion. All you can see is the seating area. I posted a bunch of pictures of the lounge when we were there in December.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...complete-2017.3400342/page-1108#post-58525365

There is a menu posted on the wdw menu site- is this accurate? Yes or No on the Truffle Fries and Burger? I remember reading they were not on the menu, then that they could be ordered. Or am I confusing this with the Crews Cup Lounge?
The Crews Cup Lounge used to serve truffle fries, but they no longer have them.

Lunch is available at Crews Cup Lounge, but not A&C lounge? Is that correct?
The opposite is true. We were there last month and the Crews Cup Lounge is no longer open for lunch. They don't open until late afternoon. We ate dinner at the Crews Cup and it had a very limited menu. The Ale and Compass Lounge is open for lunch now and they will serve you from the Ale and Compass menu.

Just a note - we haven't eaten at the new Ale and Compass restaurant since they opened because they no longer serve the breakfast buffet. We also find the dinner menu unappealing.

Last edited:
We arrive at the BC on Saturday (yay!!!) and are doing EMM on Tues. We have 2 kids, and both should really be in at least booster seats, so we were planning on taking the Minnie Vans to get to the MK in time. However, I've seen reports that they are not always available. If we end up having to take the bus, what time would we need to be at the BC bus stop to make it to MK in time by 7:30ish? I'm leaning towards just using Lyft if we can't get a minnie van but would feel better if we could car seats.

I would love to know how your transportation to EMM works out! We are booked for a BC CL pool/lagoon view room June 10-15, for our first stay at BC, but I'm nervous about getting to/from MK with my 2 small kids - especially for EMM and a PPO breakfast! (We've only stayed at the Poly with kids in the past, and were spoiled by the monorail!) I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

No, it's just the opposite. Lunch no longer served at Crew's Cup.

Crew's Cup hours were shortened, after Ale and Compass Restaurant and Lounge opened. Crew's Cup hours are 4:30 PM - 11:30 PM.

The menu was recently changed. It now offers a burger, which had been dropped from the dinner menu, after the hours changed. Listing the Crew Burger (which is a new burger) and the Prime Rib, as Appetizers, is interesting. :confused3

Appetizers

Crisp Romaine Salad
Shaved Parmesan, Caesar Dressing, Focaccia Crouton. Add Grilled Chicken or Chilled Jumbo Shrimp
$9.00

Pancetta Deviled Eggs
Pimento Cheese, Pickled Pancetta, Candied Jalapeño, and Parmesan Crisp
$8.00

The Crew Burger
Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Regatta Sauce, and Shoe String Onions on House-made Toasted Bun served with French Fries
$18.00

10-oz Roasted Prime Rib
Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, Au Jus
$36.00

Oysters Rockefeller
Cottage Bacon and Creamed Spinach
$19.00

Baked Cheese Dip
Manchego and Parmesan, House Chorizo, Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, and Pretzel Bread
$13.00

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
Old Bay Poached and Homemade Cocktail Sauce
$19.00

Charcuterie and Cheese Board
House-made Charcuterie and Artisanal Cheese
$19.00

Yachtsman Soup of the Day
$9.00

Crisp Romaine Salad
Sourdough, Pull-apart Onion Rolls, Roasted Garlic, and Salt Butter
$7.00

Skillet Cookie
Slow-baked, House-made Chocolate Chip Cookie, Vanilla Gelato, Chocolate Ganache, Milk
$6.00

Entrées

24-hour Marinated and served with Red Chimichurri
$36.00

Braised Beef Short Ribs
Mashed Potatoes and Horseradish Potatoes
$33.00

10-oz Roast Prime Rib of Beef
Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, and Au Jus
$36.00

The new Ale and Compass Lounge is still in the same place, but the bar has moved and is now behind the fireplace. You can't see the actual bar from the lobby, which is a mistake, in my opinion. All you can see is the seating area. I posted a bunch of pictures of the lounge when we were there in December.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...complete-2017.3400342/page-1108#post-58525365

The Crews Cup Lounge used to serve truffle fries, but they no longer have them.

The opposite is true. We were there last month and the Crews Cup Lounge is no longer open for lunch. They don't open until late afternoon. We ate dinner at the Crews Cup and it had a very limited menu. The Ale and Compass Lounge is open for lunch now and they will serve you from the Ale and Compass menu.

Just a note - we haven't eaten at the new Ale and Compass restaurant since they opened because they no longer serve the breakfast buffet. We also find the dinner menu unappealing.

Thank you both, especially for your direct knowledge. Also, thanks for reposting the link. Will make it easier for me to find the photos and copy them.

The whole set up around there confuses me, especially with the name of everything being Ale & Compass! Add in that you can't always rely on the info Disney has on its website just makes me rely on info like this ^^^ more.

:thanks:

Last edited:
Thank you both, especially for your direct knowledge. Also, thanks for reposting the link. Will make it easier for me to find the photos and copy them.

The whole set up around there confuses me, especially with the name of everything being Ale & Compass! Add in that you can't always rely on the info Disney has on its website just makes me rely on info like this ^^^ more.

If you look at the Dinner menu, the truffle fries are available, if you speak French. :)

I wonder if they would substitute with the truffle fries, when ordering the Crew Burger.

Last edited:
We always book garden view, but after being very fortunately upgraded last year to a 1Br Suite overlooking the lake/boardwalk, I understand why so many pay for the water views. Simply a fantastic way to wake up every morning. We are now debating booking the suite or a water view room - in both cases hoping for a similar view.

Of course with nothing guaranteed it would be unfortunate to spring for the suite and not have the lake view.

Help need some advice! We have trip planned for May and this week I had to have surgery on my lung. A non-cancerous nodule removed and some lymp nodes also removed. I have never had anything wrong with me a therefore thought I would breeze by this I am 58 and my husband 68. anyway long story, my question should we rent those scooters? now I hope I can be pretty good at walking but figure I will tire easy since its just 78 days till our trip. This has really gotten me down, I don't want to cancel unless I have too. Anybody been in a situation like this?:charac2:

Help need some advice! We have trip planned for May and this week I had to have surgery on my lung. A non-cancerous nodule removed and some lymp nodes also removed. I have never had anything wrong with me a therefore thought I would breeze by this I am 58 and my husband 68. anyway long story, my question should we rent those scooters? now I hope I can be pretty good at walking but figure I will tire easy since its just 78 days till our trip. This has really gotten me down, I don't want to cancel unless I have too. Anybody been in a situation like this?:charac2:

healing magic.jpg

I don't have any experience renting scooters but many people do that to make their vacations possible. Do what you have to do. I'm not sure how far in advance you need to reserve them if you are renting off site, but I suspect you can do that at the last minute if you need to.

There was some discussion pages back about the use of scooters. I meant to link that to the front page, but if you do a search on this thread of scooters and maybe knee scooters, there are posts over a couple of pages with some suggestions and experiences.

:grouphug:

It's understandable why you have concerns - you've never been through anything like this before.

I suggest that you post your message over on the disabilities board. Someone who has been in a similar situation might just be able to give you some good suggestions and advice.

https://www.disboards.com/forums/disabilities.20/

Last edited:
Page 1151

I would love to know how your transportation to EMM works out! We are booked for a BC CL pool/lagoon view room June 10-15, for our first stay at BC, but I'm nervous about getting to/from MK with my 2 small kids - especially for EMM and a PPO breakfast! (We've only stayed at the Poly with kids in the past, and were spoiled by the monorail!) I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

A couple of comments about transportation to the MK.

If you are taking the bus, I don't think you will find it very crowded at that time of the morning. If you are trying to get to the park by 8, I recommend being at the bus stop by 7 am. If you want to be there closer to 7:30, I recommend 6:45. It is about a 15 minute ride from the BC to the MK on the bus, plus any wait time for the bus to arrive.

For other modes of transportation- remember- that the Minnie Van will take you directly to the MK gates (near where the buses let off) but anything else like a cab or Uber can only bring you to the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center) where you would have to take the monorail/ferry to get to MK OR to the Contemporary where you would need to walk.

:car:

I rented a scooter in December for my 79yo MIL from Buena Vista scooters and it was really easy. They had it waiting at bell services for us upon check in. We dropped it off at bell services when we checked out. Bell services will tell you to leave them charging in the hall at night, but we did not have an outlet near our door so we brought it in the room. There was plenty of room for one scooter, but squeezing two in the room may be tricky.

ETA - The scooters don't have cup holders so I rented one and I also got the insurance.

I rented a scooter in December for my 79yo MIL from Buena Vista scooters and it was really easy. They had it waiting at bell services for us upon check in. We dropped it off at bell services when we checked out. Bell services will tell you to leave them charging in the hall at night, but we did not have an outlet near our door so we brought it in the room. There was plenty of room for one scooter, but squeezing two in the room may be tricky.

ETA - The scooters don't have cup holders so I rented one and I also got the insurance.
Definitely get the insurance if you’ve never used one. My mom used one a few years back for her knee and she may or may not have banged it up a little:rolleyes1

Those are great tips!

Regarding the scooter - someone suggested once (not sure if in this thread or another) that you try practicing with a scooter in a grocery store before your trip. They said that the grocery store scooters are bigger and harder to use than the ones at Disney, so if you can master them, the one you use on your trip should be less of a challenge.

Page 1151

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

A couple of comments about transportation to the MK.

If you are taking the bus, I don't think you will find it very crowded at that time of the morning. If you are trying to get to the park by 8, I recommend being at the bus stop by 7 am. If you want to be there closer to 7:30, I recommend 6:45. It is about a 15 minute ride from the BC to the MK on the bus, plus any wait time for the bus to arrive.

For other modes of transportation- remember- that the Minnie Van will take you directly to the MK gates (near where the buses let off) but anything else like a cab or Uber can only bring you to the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center) where you would have to take the monorail/ferry to get to MK OR to the Contemporary where you would need to walk.

:car:

Thank you so much!!! We're really excited about the BC, and your post makes me feel much better about getting to the MK early. We are rope droppers! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!