Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Question for BC folks - I am a much earlier riser than my family. On previous trips to Disney, I’d relax in the Wilderness Lodge lobby area (by the big fireplace) or on the balcony of our Poly or WL rooms. Coffee is a must...people watching with a pretty view/relaxing place/hidden quiet nook while reading the news will be my early morning happy time. Any suggestions on where to relax, alone, around 6-7:30ish each morning at the BC? And where can I get a cup of coffee? Brewing my own coffee in the room will not only wake up my family, but I am guessing it will not taste as wonderful as coffee I can find somewhere else on the property. Note: weather might be pleasant in the mornings so I’m open to outside suggestions also? We will be visiting from March 20 - 27th. Thanks!!

:coffee:

This is totally me!

I am an early riser who wakes up before the people I am travelling with. The resort is absolutely beautiful and peaceful in the morning. I love walking around when it is just me and a few cast members, either inside or outside watching the sun start to wake up. The recommendations above are excellent ideas for comfortable places to sit and chill.

I'll try to address the coffee issue-

1) Making it in the room- you are correct, not as good as what you can purchase freshly made. The sound is also a concern. I set up the coffee maker in the vanity area outside of the bathroom, which minimizes the disruption and usually doesn't wake my family.

2) I prefer hot coffee in the morning, BUT, to get me to the point where I am able to grab and go, I will stash coffee in the mini fridge in a reusable mug, get ice before I go to bed and then slip out of the room, either onto the balcony or to wander, with my iced coffee.

3) There is usually a place open for purchasing coffee by the time I need a refresher- either the Beach Club Marketplace (near the Solarium pictured below) or at the Yacht Club Ale & Whatever Market.

Does anyone know exactly what time these two places open for coffee? Is it 6 or 6:30?

[QUOTE="GTApex, post: 58802439, member: 6028]

Grab a coffee at the marketplace and chill out in the solarium?

Or maybe in the “breezeway” area of the DVC building?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the great suggestions and pictures of the Solarium* and the Breezeway.

*One issue I have had with the Solarium in the early morning hours is that the tv was on, and quite loud. I have been told that the remote is kept out now, available to guests, but that was not the case years ago when I was there.

:thumbsup2

Disneys-Beach-Club-Solarium.JPG

BCV_breezeway_seating_area_from_above.jpg

Or maybe in the “breezeway” area of the DVC building?
Thank you... both of these look perfect!
:coffee:

This is totally me!

I am an early riser who wakes up before the people I am travelling with. The resort is absolutely beautiful and peaceful in the morning. I love walking around when it is just me and a few cast members, either inside or outside watching the sun start to wake up. The recommendations above are excellent ideas for comfortable places to sit and chill.

I'll try to address the coffee issue-

1) Making it in the room- you are correct, not as good as what you can purchase freshly made. The sound is also a concern. I set up the coffee maker in the vanity area outside of the bathroom, which minimizes the disruption and usually doesn't wake my family.

2) I prefer hot coffee in the morning, BUT, to get me to the point where I am able to grab and go, I will stash coffee in the mini fridge in a reusable mug, get ice before I go to bed and then slip out of the room, either onto the balcony or to wander, with my iced coffee.

3) There is usually a place open for purchasing coffee by the time I need a refresher- either the Beach Club Marketplace (near the Solarium pictured below) or at the Yacht Club Ale & Whatever Market.

Does anyone know exactly what time these two places open for coffee? Is it 6 or 6:30?

[QUOTE="GTApex, post: 58802439, member: 6028]

Or maybe in the “breezeway” area of the DVC building?

Thanks for the great suggestions and pictures of the Solarium* and the Breezeway.

*One issue I have had with the Solarium in the early morning hours is that the tv was on, and quite loud. I have been told that the remote is kept out now, available to guests, but that was not the case years ago when I was there.

:thumbsup2[/QUOTE]

The pictures look really nice.:)

Thank you for the nice reply & (quiet) iced coffee suggestion to get me started until I can grab a hot coffee at the Marketplace. That’s a great idea! I don’t know why I’ve never thought of such a thing. Disboarders are the best!

Page 1146-1147

We had dinner there a couple nights ago. I didn’t even notice the lack of bread, lol. I had the lobster/clams and DH had a T bone. We are on the DDP so I feel it was a good use of TS credits. Although DH enjoyed his meal a lot, he felt it wasn’t the best steak he had on this trip. Service was good, drinks were good and we enjoyed our dessert. Since we’re at YC it was nice to not have to venture too far. If you’re on the dining plan we’d definitely recommend it, and even paying cash it was fine.

Thank you so much for your review. May I add this to the Dining Post (Page 1, Post 7)?

:goodvibes

I am so excited. Yesterday afternoon I changed our reservations for our upcoming WDW two-night stay (followed by three nights at Universal). My son and I had reservations at Coronado Springs and yesterday I checked to see if the Yacht Club was available and for how much. There was a Garden/Woods room available with the Gift of Magic Room Only Discount and I grabbed it. It is definitely a splurge, but I was having trouble not staying in the Epcot Resort area. I love being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We have stayed at The Beach Club and The Boardwalk Inn several times, but this is the first time at The Yacht Club. It will be short, but sweet. Yahoo!

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

I love a Disney/Universal split stay.

:woohoo:

We are going July into August. We would prefer something lakeside (love hearing the boats!). Any one area better than others (higher floor etc)? Thank you!

I'm not sure if you can hear the boats from Beach Club. Can anyone confirm? Lakeside, especially the rooms closest to the lobby, would be your best chance.

I prefer the upper floors, wherever we are staying. Better potential for good views.

::yes::

Hello Everyone..we are making our first stay at YC garden view this August 14-20.It will be Myself,DW DS(19)DS(14).Joining us will be my Sons Girlfriend (20).It will be Her first visit to Disneyworld.Thanks for all the info you have put together here.We have stayed at ASM,POR,CB,CSR,AKL before but this is our first Epcot resort stay.One question I have is we usually do rope drop at the parks,how much of a disadvantage is it entering Epcot from the gateway to get to Test track being its longer to get there?Anyone have experience doing this?Anyway looking forward to our yearly trip.Thanks..Dave

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

IMHO, it is not necessary to go to the front of the park for the slight advantage to get to Test Track at rope drop. The couple of minutes you may be "behind" the front of the park crowd will not have a significant impact on your wait time for this attraction, especially since the crowds arriving at that time will be splitting up between the 3 headliners.

:cool2:

Last edited:

Page 1148

Hi Dee

Looks like we’re heading back to BC so excited
We absolutely loved our stay last Thanksgiving
Can you please add our dates Nov 17 - 25

YAY!!! :welcome: back!

Will do!

:woohoo:

4 more days until we are driving up to the YC for our very first stay at one of the Epcot resorts!

I missed your sendoff. Hope your trip is fantastic!

We have not stayed at the Beach Club Villas yet (its one location on my list)
However, I have searched and can't seem to find the answer to the following question about Stormalong Bay Pool.
I know there is sand in the bottom of the pool and my 12 year old is concerned that when she swims in the pool she will get sand in her eyes.
Has anyone encountered this?
Is it a valid concern or an unlikely circumstance?
Is the sand in the bottom of the entire pool or are there areas that don't have as much.

Thank you in advance for the information.
Tina

Others have responded to your question. I guess the only thing I have to add is that I have not heard complaints in the past about sand getting into guests' eyes from the pool. And yes, some parts of the pool have the sand, some parts have less sand and some parts have none.

:fish:

Hey Dee! Yeah it's me. Still here!

Can you stick me back on that list thingy.

Taking our granddaughter Sarah Jane for her first trip. July 15 - July 20 to the BCV's. Convinced her parents to get a trip in before she turns the Disney Magical 3! Disney math at it's best!

My Ben hasn't been since 1989. Stayed at the NEW Carribean Beach Resort and went to the one month old MGM Studios! His wife Betsy hasn't been since her teens.
Let's just say I'm in full blown MickeyT planning mode!
Take care!

I am thrilled to be adding you back onto the list! One condition- you have to share a couple pictures of your trip with me! Can't wait to hear all about it. What a treat for the family- I didn't realize it had been so long since your son has visited the World. It will be so fun to show them around!

:dogdance:

I booked June 9th-11th in a standard view at the Beach Club. Will be doing a couple of days at SSR before hand on DVC points. Can't wait to get back to the best pool on property for my birthday!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

If you actually mean filters with no coffee, then none. We are here now and received 4 coffee packs (pre-packed coffee inside a filter that drops into the filter basket). One De-caff and 3 regular. This is what we received in a studio at the villas.

Thanks for your input and :welcome: to posting on the thread!

According to the Disney website, both the Market at Ale and Compass and the Beach Club Marketplace open at 6am. :)

Can anyone who has recently tried to get coffee at 6am confirm? Hubby was sent for coffee last October about 6:15am. He was told they wouldn't open till 7am.
Thank you!

Question for BC folks - I am a much earlier riser than my family. On previous trips to Disney, I’d relax in the Wilderness Lodge lobby area (by the big fireplace) or on the balcony of our Poly or WL rooms. Coffee is a must...people watching with a pretty view/relaxing place/hidden quiet nook while reading the news will be my early morning happy time. Any suggestions on where to relax, alone, around 6-7:30ish each morning at the BC? And where can I get a cup of coffee? Brewing my own coffee in the room will not only wake up my family, but I am guessing it will not taste as wonderful as coffee I can find somewhere else on the property. Note: weather might be pleasant in the mornings so I’m open to outside suggestions also? We will be visiting from March 20 - 27th. Thanks!!
Besides the other good suggestions, if the weather is good, you can sit on the porch right outside the back (lakeside) of the BC. There are a few rocking chairs there, as well as regular seating. The view of Crescent Lake, the beach, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, and FriendShip boats is very scenic and peaceful. You can also people watch those on the pathway between the resort and lake.

Besides the other good suggestions, if the weather is good, you can sit on the porch right outside the back (lakeside) of the BC. There are a few rocking chairs there, as well as regular seating. The view of Crescent Lake, the beach, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, and FriendShip boats is very scenic and peaceful.
That sounds really lovely! I'll try that also! Thanks! :)

Can anyone who has recently tried to get coffee at 6am confirm? Hubby was sent for coffee last October about 6:15am. He was told they wouldn't open till 7am.
Thank you!

7am for BC ties in with our experience too. The Market at Ale & Compass does open earlier though (6am sounds right) - we walked over there on our first morning.

Thank you!

We were there for Marathon Weekend 1/3 - 1/11 and the BC Marketplace was open at 6:00 AM each day. It was also open at 6:00 AM during our October trip in 2017, 10/18 - 10/26.

We arrive at the BC on Saturday (yay!!!) and are doing EMM on Tues. We have 2 kids, and both should really be in at least booster seats, so we were planning on taking the Minnie Vans to get to the MK in time. However, I've seen reports that they are not always available. If we end up having to take the bus, what time would we need to be at the BC bus stop to make it to MK in time by 7:30ish? I'm leaning towards just using Lyft if we can't get a minnie van but would feel better if we could car seats.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to send best wishes before your trip.

I am guessing that at that time in the morning, the Minnie Vans will not be in high demand, although I could be wrong. Maybe people will be trying to get to early breakfast reservations. I would recommend being at the MK bus stop by 6:45 to get to MK around 7:30.

:goodvibes

We had a great dinner there when we were there two weeks ago.
We had the Roasted Garlic shrimp and Parker house rolls as Starters. Both were really good.
My wife had the Smoked Barbecue porkchop and I had the 16oz T-Bone. Both were excellent! My wife's only complaint was they put too much sauce onthe pork chop and it would have been better on the side. My T-Bone was cooked perfectly and was delicious.

The service was very attentive. Although the dining room is a bit loud. I recommend it.

Thanks so much for your review of Ale & Compass. May I add your review to the Dining info on this thread? (Page 1, Post 7)

TIA

Please put us down for the YC CL Pool/Lagoon View Feb 23-26. My little man and I are going on a Mommy and Son resort only stay that weekend. Check in Friday and leave Monday evening!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

It's 6 am somewhere!

Thank you!

7am for BC ties in with our experience too. The Market at Ale & Compass does open earlier though (6am sounds right) - we walked over there on our first morning.

We were there for Marathon Weekend 1/3 - 1/11 and the BC Marketplace was open at 6:00 AM each day. It was also open at 6:00 AM during our October trip in 2017, 10/18 - 10/26.

Thank you all for sharing what you have experienced with early morning hours at the Beach Club Marketplace and The Market at Ale & Compass.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn there were inconsistent opening times in the morning there. I believe at one point part of the Marketplace opened earlier than the rest (6:30?) for coffee/drinks only. I think the one time I got an early morning coffee, it was shortly after 6 am, and I got it from the former Ale & Compass lounge in the YC lobby. It was during my 2015 Beach Club stay, so I am guessing that the Marketplace must not have been open at 6.

:surfweb:

Hey folks... Thought I would give my thoughts on our recent stay at Yacht Club as a first timer.

Getting off Magical express on Sunday morning in front of the resort was actually kind of magical. The resort is very beautiful... (I know you all know this but this was my first time back to Disney in 25+ years and first time ever staying on property for my Wife and me.)

We were greeted by some very helpful cast members who directed us to the check-in area. We were acknowledged by a gentleman who was dressed up in some yachting regalia but it was only a cursory glance and welcome... he seemed stiff and uncomfortable.

Check-in was very smooth and the cast members were great. We were told that we were Upgraded to Club level! YAY! We had reserved a standard garden view so we were excited about that. One of the CM's winked and said she thought we would REALLY like the upgrade. I didn't know why but was very grateful to be club level. ( we had no idea what was coming). We did not ask for any upgrades or favors. We were celebrating 5 years together and I think my TA put that in our reservation. (maybe that had something to do with it?)

The room was immediately ready and so we went up to the room. ( Room 3155 )
We were a bit perplexed as to why our room number was on three different doors and it started to sink in a little. We opened up the room and discovered that we had been upgraded to the Turret Suite which is a two bedroom / three bathroom suite. HOLY COW! I mean... HOLY COW this room was amazing!
I have included some pictures below. ( I had a panoramic but it wouldn't allow me to upload it.)

The room was amazing. The cast members were also amazing and so very helpful with everything. This, as I said was our first experience with staying on property and we will DEFINITELY do it again. I can not say enough good things about this resort and we can not wait to come back.
If you have any questions let me know I will try and answer the best I can.

Congratulations again on this awesome upgrade and THANK YOU for sharing the pictures and description with us. I'm so glad to hear you had a fantastic trip!

We have very few pictures from these room and I think these are the first I have seen of the Turret Suite since it was refurbished last year.

I hope you don't mind- I would like to copy these pictures and post them on the YC Deluxe Room/Suites thread.

Again, thank you!

party:

Congratulations again on this awesome upgrade and THANK YOU for sharing the pictures and description with us. I'm so glad to hear you had a fantastic trip!

We have very few pictures from these room and I think these are the first I have seen of the Turret Suite since it was refurbished last year.

I hope you don't mind- I would like to copy these pictures and post them on the YC Deluxe Room/Suites thread.

Again, thank you!

party:
Sure go ahead :)

I have been doing some housekeeping over on the Dining Post, Post 7 on Page 1. In the next post I will add all of the info about the recent renovation of the Captains Grille to the Ale & Compass restaurant, so I can use a link to the info for historical purposes.

So, is there still an Ale & Compass lounge, serving drinks and food? If so, where? There is a menu posted on the wdw menu site- is this accurate? Yes or No on the Truffle Fries and Burger? I remember reading they were not on the menu, then that they could be ordered. Or am I confusing this with the Crews Cup Lounge?

Lunch is available at Crews Cup Lounge, but not A&C lounge? Is that correct?

Thanks!!!

Ale & Compass Lounge
Entree/Main Course

• Angus Chuck Cheeseburger - Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, and Cheese served with French Fries - $14.00
    Beer-braised Mussels and Clams - Chorizo, Fines Herbs, and Garlic-Herb Butter with Toasted Focaccia - $12.00
    Buffalo Chicken Wings - Celery and Carrot Shavings with Blue Cheese Dressing - $12.00
    Buttermilk-fried Rock Shrimp - Chipotle Rémoulade, Citrus Cream, and Chilled Cucumber Salad - $15.00
    Lump Crab Cake - with House-made Tartar Sauce - $15.00
    New England-style Lobster Roll - served chilled on a Butter-toasted Roll with a choice of Orzo Salad or Chips - $19.00
Side Dish/Snack

• House-cut Truffle Fries - Roasted Shallot Mayonnaise and Shredded Parmesan Cheese - $5.50

Lunch (Updated: 12/17)
Appetizers/Starter

• Blackened Fish Tacos - Chilled Cucumber Slaw, Sliced Avocado, Chipotle Rémoulade, and Flour Tortillas - $15.00
    Pancetta Deviled Eggs - Pimento Cheese, Pickled Pancetta, Candied Jalapeño, and Parmesan Crisp - $8.00
Soups/Salads

• Farmer's Market Salad - Roasted Beets, Strawberry, Caramelized Red Onion, Spring Greens, Almond Granola, Honeyed Goat Cheese, and Sun-dried Cherry Vinaigrette - $10.00
    New England Clam Chowder - Creamy Chowder with Clams, Potatoes, and Vegetables - $8.00
    Wedge Romaine Salad - Garlic-Peppercorn Cream, Bacon Lardons, Confit Tomatoes, and Blue Cheese - $9.00
    Yachtsman Soup of the Day - - $9.00
Entree/Main Course

• Angus Chuck Cheeseburger - Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, and Cheese served with your choice of Vegetable Orzo Salad or French Fries - $14.00
    New England-style Lobster Roll - served chilled on Butter-toasted Rolls with your choice of Vegetable Orzo Salad or Chips - $19.00
    Shaved Beef Sandwich - Roasted Shallot Mayonnaise, Pickled Peppers and Onions, Beef Jus Reduction, Vermont Cheddar, and Watercress with your choice of Vegetable Orzo Salad or French Fries - $15.00
    Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich - Tomato, fresh Mozzarella, chopped Arugula, and Vinaigrette on a Toasted Sea Salt Focaccia served with Chips - $13.00
    Yacht Club Burger - Signature Blend Beef, Swiss, Brandy-Peppercorn Sauce, Sautéed Mushrooms, Onion Jam, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato - $18.00

Dinner (Updated: 12/17)
Appetizers/Starter

• Baked Cheese Dip - Manchego and Gouda Cheeses, House Chorizo, Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, and Pretzel Bread - $13.00
    Charcuterie and Cheese Board - House-made Charcuterie and Artisanal Cheese - $19.00
    Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail - Old Bay Poached, Homemade Cocktail Sauce, Lemon - $19.00
    Pancetta Deviled Eggs - Pimento Cheese, Pickled Pancetta, Candied Jalapeño, and Parmesan Crisp - $8.00
    Wianno Oysters Rockefeller - Cottage Bacon and Creamed Spinach - $19.00
Soups/Salads

• Crisp Romaine Salad - Shaved Parmesan, House-made Dressing, Focaccia Crouton. Add Grilled Chicken or Chilled Jumbo Shrimp - $9.00
    New England Clam Chowder - Creamy Chowder with Clams, Potatoes, and Vegetables - $8.00
    Wedge Romaine Salad - Garlic-Peppercorn Cream, Bacon Lardons, Confit Tomatoes, and Blue Cheese - $9.00
    Yachtsman Soup of the Day - - $9.00
Entree/Main Course

• 10-oz Roast Prime Rib of Beef - Mashed Potatoes, Horseradish Cream, Au Jus - $36.00
    Braised Beef Short Ribs - Mashed Potatoes and Feta-Gremolata Reduction - $33.00
    Churrasco Steak and Truffle Frites - 24-hour Marinated and served with Red Chimichurri - $36.00

I have a couple of missions up for grabs for anyone who will be at the resort soon:

1) Picture of Ale & Compass Restaurant sign

2) I added a link to the Ale & Compass Restaurant menu to the Dining Post. The wdw menu post indicated that the restaurant opens at 6:30 am. Can someone confirm that? It would be unusual for the restaurant to open so early- resort breakfast locations seem to open at 7:30 from what I have seen in the past.

3) Not restaurant related, but I would love to have a photo of the price list sign from the YC Marina. I have one in the Amenities post, but I think that one is from my 2014 or 2015 trip.

Thanks!!!

:magnify:

Last edited:
LINK FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES, Fall 2017

Major Renovation and Temporary Relocation of Captain's Grille Restaurant/
Breakfast and Lunch Temporarily Served at Yachtsman Steakhouse at YC

Captain's Grille, one of the table service restaurants located just off the lobby of Disney's Yacht Club Resort is getting ready to be refurbished. Instead of closing, the restaurant will be relocating to Ariel’s, a former restaurant space located at the nearby Beach Club, from mid-May until sometime this Fall as the work is being completed.

Yachtsman Restaurant will be open for casual-style breakfast and lunch offerings from October 2-November 1 while Captain's Grille is closed for refurbishment:

Yachtsman Breakfast and Lunch

Dining adjustments at Yacht and Beach Club ahead of new Ale and Compass opening
10/4/17 "Disney's Yacht Club Resort"

Scheduled to open November 26, 2017

Info About Ale and Compass Restaurant including Menu items

Disney's Yacht Club is nearing the end of its restaurant updates, with the Ale & Compass Lounge and Ale & Compass Restaurant set to open later this month.

Ale and Compass Restaurant concept art

Ale and Compass Lounge concept art

The Captain's Grille, which has been temporarily operating at Ariel's, is now permanently closed. Until the opening of Ale & Compass Restaurant, the nearby Yachtsman Steakhouse is offering a casual breakfast and lunch service.

Breakfast menu items include Smoked Salmon and Toasted Bagel $10.00, Pastry Board - Scones, Croissants, and Biscuits with Cinnamon Butter, Orange Blossom Honey-Cream Cheese, and Seasonal Jam $10, Tailored Omelet - Choice of Meats, Vegetables, and Cheese served with Roasted Potatoes and a Biscuit $14, Egg White Frittata $14, Mickey Waffles $12, Crab Cake Benedict $15, Dark Chocolate Waffles $13, Fried Egg Sandwich $12, Shrimp and Pepper Jack Cheese Grits $15.

Lunch items include Grilled Chicken Salad $15, Blackened Fish Tacos $14, Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich $13, Grilled Chicken Sandwich $15, New England-style Lobster Roll $19, Shaved Beef Sandwich $15, Soup and Sandwich Combo $15.

The recently opened Market at Ale & Compass will also be adding additional dinner menu items from next week.

That's very odd. Our trip was 10/25 - 11/03. I remember he was not a happy camper when he came back and told me they weren't open and was told to come back at 7am when they opened. Neither of us is human until we have our morning coffee.

That's very odd. Our trip was 10/25 - 11/03. I remember he was not a happy camper when he came back and told me they weren't open and was told to come back at 7am when they opened. Neither of us is human until we have our morning coffee.
In Post 21334 on 10/19/17 I reported it was open at 6:00 AM. Not sure what happened in your experience?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!