Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So are they gonna actually close up some of SAB and put cabanas in its place? If so, what part?

No one knows anything for sure. A poster said it is on the travel agent site. But DSS has denied any scheduled pool work & Disney has not released any information on a pool closure or any cabanas going in. Dee posted a photo a few pages back. It had the assumed location of the cabanas from last year when there was also a rumor around. All rumor & speculation at this point.

Edit to add: the map she posted is in page 1217, post 24325.

Last edited:
hey all!!!

The lone 2020 vacationers here and we've got our dates! (Micky (my guy) works for small group of painters, they put in for vacations way in advance) and we chose.....drum roll....May 6 - May 15 in 2020!!! Just have to figure out 499 days from May 6 and book a room only over the phone, just to get the room on the books, beat the Star Wars crowds.

Is it too soon to check the weather? ;) How about a ticker? :p

I booked that far out and now my trip is only two weeks away! Once you book the room time flies and you can get busy planning! It's not that far away :D

Page 1223-1224

:wave:Venturing into new territory! The Grand has always been our home away from home, but the kids have been wanting to try SAB so we are booked at the YC for 3 nights in June!! We really just want to just relax and enjoy the resort. Do you enjoy the planned activities at the resort or pool (movie night, games etc.) and do you know where I could find an activity list? Such a friendly bunch here - I'm enjoying reading the thread!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

The activities schedules for past months can be found on Page 1, Post 4. We won't have the June schedule until the first or second day in June.

Thanks for the kind words!

:goodvibes

Hi Everyone! My GF and I just upgraded our Oct trip to the BC from POFQ and we couldn't be more excited. We have also been debating adding the Deluxe Dining Plan as well as we have a lot of Signature ADRs booked and think we'll be able to use all the snack credits at F&W.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on getting the best value out of the DDP when it comes to breakfast around BC/YC. Unfortunately we do not have any PPO ADRs at this point. My thinking is to try and grab breakfast at Ale & Compass every morning at 7:30 when it first opens. A sit down breakfast with a bloody mary would cost the same amount as grabbing a QS breakfast sandwich on the DDP. I also read somewhere that Trattoria Al Forno takes walk ups for non-character breakfasts.

Has anyone tried the breakfast at either of these locations that can comment on how quickly the service moves along? As this is my first trip to Disney in about 15 years and we only have 3 day base tickets, we would like to get to the parks for Rope Drop. Do you think we would have any issue finishing a breakfast and getting to MK, Epcot, or AK in time for RD as long as there is no EMM hours scheduled?

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

You should be able to get a sit-down breakfast at the Ale & Compass restaurant in the YC lobby without reservations. Probably opens at 7:30, so you should be done by 8:15 or so, easy to hit 9 am rope drop at EPCOT, you might make it at MK and AK or be close to Rope Drop.

Menu Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=709

:goodvibes

We are at Yacht Club in a couple of weeks, June 9-16 if you want to add us to the list! We were originally supposed to be at Riverside, but snagged a great rate about two weeks ago for only $200 more than Riverside was going to cost us. DS6 is super excited about Stormalong Bay. Have a great week everyone!

I'll add you to the list!

:thumbsup2

Wow, that was fast. Just got the following reply from DSS (for reference, our trip is Aug 18-31):

I'm not so sure how to interpret this, as we know that Disney has begun telling TAs that refurbishment would take place starting mid-August, supposedly in order to build cabanas around SAB. Which, if I understand correctly, are to be build just beneath the CL water-view rooms we have a reservation for.

Edited, quoted the wrong post.
Edited again, fixed autocorrect typos. Not my day!

Thanks for sharing the info!

::yes::

So are they gonna actually close up some of SAB and put cabanas in its place? If so, what part?

There's some info and pictures around Page 1217 of this thread.

:)

Bus from BC to MK during Thanksgiving week-I know it’s going to be busy. How early should we get to bus stop to get to MK before rope drop (and get a seat on the bus)? If it’s a long wait, is there a place to sit while waiting? Could I get down there early, sit on a bench and read and h and dd join me right before bus gets there?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

An hour before park opening is probably good. If you are concerned with getting a seat, many people recommend walking over to the YC and catching the bus there since it loads first.

:cool2:

hey all!!!

The lone 2020 vacationers here and we've got our dates! (Micky (my guy) works for small group of painters, they put in for vacations way in advance) and we chose.....drum roll....May 6 - May 15 in 2020!!! Just have to figure out 499 days from May 6 and book a room only over the phone, just to get the room on the books, beat the Star Wars crowds.

Is it too soon to check the weather? ;) How about a ticker? :p

:woohoo:

Nah, never too early to start checking the weather!

:rotfl:

Last edited:
PHEW!!!

Finally caught up after being behind here since early April!

I have updated the Be Our Guest List, but it is possible (probable) that I have missed some of you. Please take a moment to look at the list and let me know if there are any edits I need to make

Page 1217

Thanks for the info about your room. Do you happen to have a picture of the room view that you can post here or email to me beachclubdee at yahoo.

:thumbsup2

Believe it or not I never took a picture from the balcony, but when I was texted the room # I looked it up on touring plans and took a screen shot. This is accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_3261.PNG
    IMG_3261.PNG
    176.2 KB · Views: 43
BC CL July 2nd -5th , also is anyone getting error messages on disney gift card website when removing cards. I added a card to check the balance but cant delete any of them now would like to as i have to to combine and 3 more on the way

Got back late Saturday evening from BCV--great stay despite the weather. We had four lovely afternoons of sunshine and pool time, just had to dodge a brief shower one of those four days. Passed quickly and we were rewarded with a wonderful rest of the afternoon.

We were in 239, didn't meet a single one of our three "requests": first floor, close to main building or pool view. Shocking, I know. Not a horrible location (we were all the way at the end of this particular hall last spring and that was worse. This room is on the smallish side compared to prior stays--the entryway was barely large enough to hold a suitcase on the luggage rack where in the past we have had a larger entryway with mirror and hooks--none in this room. The bathroom also seemed a bit smaller, but that could be perception. This room is the first room down the hallway and is a woods view with a smaller balcony. It is next to the linen and mousekeeping service rooms, so it was quiet and no connecting door!

Here are a few of the photos I took--don't mind the cutie in the pictures, she wanted to be the model of the day :rotfl2::

upload_2018-5-21_13-26-12.jpeg

upload_2018-5-21_13-26-49.jpeg

upload_2018-5-21_13-27-4.jpeg

upload_2018-5-21_13-27-19.jpeg

upload_2018-5-21_13-28-17.jpeg

I am receiving an error that the files are too large--will try and add in another post. And that didn't work either. I have never had an issue uploading a photo that I took. I don't really have time to resize the remaining view photos right now. Guess I will work on it later.

And I resized and now I am getting a "security error". I have never had such issues uploading pictures before. :(

Attachments

• Florida 2018 (2).jpg
    Florida 2018 (2).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Got back late Saturday evening from BCV--great stay despite the weather. We had four lovely afternoons of sunshine and pool time, just had to dodge a brief shower one of those four days. Passed quickly and we were rewarded with a wonderful rest of the afternoon.

We were in 239, didn't meet a single one of our three "requests": first floor, close to main building or pool view. Shocking, I know. Not a horrible location (we were all the way at the end of this particular hall last spring and that was worse. This room is on the smallish side compared to prior stays--the entryway was barely large enough to hold a suitcase on the luggage rack where in the past we have had a larger entryway with mirror and hooks--none in this room. The bathroom also seemed a bit smaller, but that could be perception. This room is the first room down the hallway and is a woods view with a smaller balcony. It is next to the linen and mousekeeping service rooms, so it was quiet and no connecting door!

Here are a few of the photos I took--don't mind the cutie in the pictures, she wanted to be the model of the day :rotfl2::

View attachment 323939

View attachment 323941

View attachment 323942

View attachment 323943

View attachment 323945

I am receiving an error that the files are too large--will try and add in another post. And that didn't work either. I have never had an issue uploading a photo that I took. I don't really have time to resize the remaining view photos right now. Guess I will work on it later.

Happy you had a great time! Rooms are so nice!!! May I ask, how many bottles of shampoo/conditioner were provided? Just debating if I need to bring extra from home! Thanks!

Happy you had a great time! Rooms are so nice!!! May I ask, how many bottles of shampoo/conditioner were provided? Just debating if I need to bring extra from home! Thanks!

They only had one of each (the tube size H2O--same as the other deluxe resorts) in the room along with lotion and bar/facial soaps, but brought us more when we asked as they were doing the daily "room inspection" and trash removal. We also needed to have them replenish our paper coffee cups with lids which we used every day AND we had no actual glass coffee cups although we saw others who did. Didn't bother us so we never asked for them.

They only had one of each (the tube size H2O--same as the other deluxe resorts) in the room along with lotion and bar/facial soaps, but brought us more when we asked as they were doing the daily "room inspection" and trash removal. We also needed to have them replenish our paper coffee cups with lids which we used every day AND we had no actual glass coffee cups although we saw others who did. Didn't bother us so we never asked for them.

That’s great to hear!!!! Thanks so much!

I wouldn’t use the glass anyway, so as long as they replenish the paper cups, that works out great!

From what I understand, the cabanas are going to be built beneath the kiddie pool area, between the YC and the dock.

Not sure though, never been to YC/BC, and this choice seems odd. Who would want to splurge 200$+ on a cabana only to hear other's kids scream all day long?

My guess would be that they are targeting these cabanas at families with small children. You can sit in the comfort of the cabana and watch them play all day in the sand/water.

People who are really bothered by small children playing nearby probably don't hang out that long at SAB and prefer the Quiet Pools.

We've finally returned home. It may be a bit cloudy and rainy but you cant keep me away from this:
20180521_162811-756x1008.jpg
I asked the bar tender what drink was the closest to a sunken treasure and he said he could make me one! Whoop. A few people started to ask what it was. Maybe we should have a code word! Lol. X

Hi, everyone.

We arrive in Disney in 28 days and are booked at POR. DH and I just decided to try to switch the last three nights of our stay to the BC. I contacted my TA and, unfortunately, there is no availability at the BC but there is at the YC. Please tell me I’ll like it there as much as the BC. Also, only garden view is available. Are the garden view rooms on the front side of the resort, the backside, or both? If possible, we’d like to be near the gazebo. Are there garden view rooms in that area? Also, do all rooms have daybeds and balconies at the YC?

TIA!

Hi, everyone.

We arrive in Disney in 28 days and are booked at POR. DH and I just decided to try to switch the last three nights of our stay to the BC. I contacted my TA and, unfortunately, there is no availability at the BC but there is at the YC. Please tell me I’ll like it there as much as the BC. Also, only garden view is available. Are the garden view rooms on the front side of the resort, the backside, or both? If possible, we’d like to be near the gazebo. Are there garden view rooms in that area? Also, do all rooms have daybeds and balconies at the YC?

TIA!
The garden view rooms near the gazebo are very nice. They are close to t he lobby and have a sideways view of the lake. 99% of the rooms have balconies. I don't know the percentage of rooms with daybeds but there are quite of few of them. i would add it to your request. :)

PHEW!!!

Finally caught up after being behind here since early April!

I have updated the Be Our Guest List, but it is possible (probable) that I have missed some of you. Please take a moment to look at the list and let me know if there are any edits I need to make

We are booked for sept 5-12. I noticed I hadn’t updated with our official dates yet. We are so excited! This will be our first time at Beach Club! My kids have no clue we are going to Disney at all but when they find out we are also staying at BC they’re going to flip!
I’m kind of nervous part of the pool will be closed as rumored but I’m sure regardless we will have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter