Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We had a reservation at the AKL from August 17-31 that we wanted to cancel, because we've heard there were construction work planned during that time.

We wanted to switch to the YC, and now… I've been reading about the construction work at the SAB, and the possible pool closure. It seems Disney has not yet started officially communicating on it (nothing on the web site shows yet), would you believe there is a slightest chance our trip would be impacted?

I've also emailed DSS and let you know if they reply something useful.

Wow, that was fast. Just got the following reply from DSS (for reference, our trip is Aug 18-31):

Thank you for your email! At this time, Stormalong Bay will be operating as normal. If any refurbishments are scheduled- our resort partners at Disney's Yacht Club will reach out to all their guests prior to their visit to notify them of the planned impact for our guests.

I'm not so sure how to interpret this, as we know that Disney has begun telling TAs that refurbishment would take place starting mid-August, supposedly in order to build cabanas around SAB. Which, if I understand correctly, are to be build just beneath the CL water-view rooms we have a reservation for.

Edited, quoted the wrong post.
Edited again, fixed autocorrect typos. Not my day!

Wow, that was fast. Just got the following reply from DSS (for reference, our trip is Aug 18-31):

I'm not so sure how to interpret this, as we know that Disney has begun telling TAs that refurbishment would take place starting mid-August, supposedly in order to build cabanas around SAB. Which, if I understand correctly, are to be build just beneath the CL water-view rooms we have a reservation for.

Edited, quoted the wrong post.
Edited again, fixed autocorrect typos. Not my day!

I emailed DSS last night (our stay is BCCL August 17-20). Same response:-) Perhaps this is what DSS is telling everyone at this time? If a section is closed it's not going to 'ruin our trip', but we love, love, love to sit with our feet in the sand bottom area and relax, especially after a hot August day in the parks.

Thank you for your email! At this time, Stormalong Bay will be operating as normal. If any refurbishments are scheduled- our resort partners at the Beach Club will reach out to all their guests prior to their visit to notify them of the planned impact.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Sincerely,

Annie
Disney Signature Services

I emailed DSS last night (our stay is BCCL August 17-20). Same response:-) Perhaps this is what DSS is telling everyone at this time? If a section is closed it's not going to 'ruin our trip', but we love, love, love to sit with our feet in the sand bottom area and relax, especially after a hot August day in the parks.

Thank you for your email! At this time, Stormalong Bay will be operating as normal. If any refurbishments are scheduled- our resort partners at the Beach Club will reach out to all their guests prior to their visit to notify them of the planned impact.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Sincerely,

Annie
Disney Signature Services

Thank you for sharing what DSS has been telling you. I think we may safely assume that, at this point, no one at DSS has a precise clue about what is going to happen at SAB anyway.

I guess it won't ruin our trip, though it will be our first trip to the YC/BC, we don't want to be disappointed because of some construction work.

Q regarding room requests... we already checked in online and I don't believe I had the option of specifying any types of requests. A few weeks ago I called and spoke to a CM who added our requests onto our reservation. Is it overkill to call again, maybe a week or a few days ahead of our trip to make sure our requests have been noted? I don't want to tick anyone off!

I just go to the desk when I arrive whether I've done online check in or not. I ask if any of my requests have been met and then I let them know the ONE request that is most important. Be nice, smile, and keep your fingers crossed.

:wave:Venturing into new territory! The Grand has always been our home away from home, but the kids have been wanting to try SAB so we are booked at the YC for 3 nights in June!! We really just want to just relax and enjoy the resort. Do you enjoy the planned activities at the resort or pool (movie night, games etc.) and do you know where I could find an activity list? Such a friendly bunch here - I'm enjoying reading the thread!

Welcome to BC/YC! We've never stayed at the Grand, because once we got to BC/YC, my family never wanted to go to Disney again without Stormalong Bay! I hope that your family enjoys it just as much!

If you check out the first page of this thread, there are a lot of posts with helpful information, including one post with a number of the activity schedules for the past few months, including May.

We are also staying at the beach club August 18th - the 22nd. I will be very disappointed if the pool is affected. Not gonna worry about it though as there is nothing I can do.

Q regarding room requests... we already checked in online and I don't believe I had the option of specifying any types of requests. A few weeks ago I called and spoke to a CM who added our requests onto our reservation. Is it overkill to call again, maybe a week or a few days ahead of our trip to make sure our requests have been noted? I don't want to tick anyone off!

I don't think it is overkill. Call about 7-10 days before your trip to confirm that your requests are noted correctly.

::yes::

Page 1219

We're due to stay at AKL (BC was really expensive at the time of booking) in November/December, but not their Pool is out of action, and we had a Pool View Room our TA is working with Disney to get us moved to another Deluxe, fingers crossed for BC!!

Fingers and toes crossed for you.

:cool2:

Hello Dee!
Can you please add me to Be Our Guest, staying Beach Club June 30th-July 7th. First 4th of July trip, so excited!!

:welcome: back!

Sure will!

:woohoo:

If you get a great room tell them to pass it on to us - we arrive the 14th. :earsboy:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Hello! :wave2:

Please add us to the list for November 10th - 17th, BCV.

Cannot wait to go!

Will do!!!

:goodvibes

Yes! So excited we’re staying BC CL SV on May 31-June 3. Thanks for the info on the food.

Got it!

Being a DVC member myself, I understand why you'd want to use the BCV machines. BCV is my home but if I'm staying at another resort, I can't use SAB. It would not be fair to the guests staying at the BCV that need those machines to have others using them. There are only two and if everyone at YC and BC started using them, they would never be open to the villa guests. I've had quite a few late night sessions at BCV because I couldn't get a washing machine fast enough.
Totally agree.

So are they gonna actually close up some of SAB and put cabanas in its place? If so, what part?

Thanks for all the laundry replies. I'm totally surprised that the BCV only have 2 washers and dryers. When we stay at Poly there are many more. And, we use the Laundry View app to see when the machines are available which makes it easy to sit by the pool and know when your laundry is done.

Thanks for all the laundry replies. I'm totally surprised that the BCV only have 2 washers and dryers. When we stay at Poly there are many more. And, we use the Laundry View app to see when the machines are available which makes it easy to sit by the pool and know when your laundry is done.
Ya, I think two is just not enough for the studios to use. But I will make do and be happy.

Bus from BC to MK during Thanksgiving week-I know it’s going to be busy. How early should we get to bus stop to get to MK before rope drop (and get a seat on the bus)? If it’s a long wait, is there a place to sit while waiting? Could I get down there early, sit on a bench and read and h and dd join me right before bus gets there?

hey all!!!

The lone 2020 vacationers here and we've got our dates! (Micky (my guy) works for small group of painters, they put in for vacations way in advance) and we chose.....drum roll....May 6 - May 15 in 2020!!! Just have to figure out 499 days from May 6 and book a room only over the phone, just to get the room on the books, beat the Star Wars crowds.

Is it too soon to check the weather? ;) How about a ticker? :p

Bus from BC to MK during Thanksgiving week-I know it’s going to be busy. How early should we get to bus stop to get to MK before rope drop (and get a seat on the bus)? If it’s a long wait, is there a place to sit while waiting? Could I get down there early, sit on a bench and read and h and dd join me right before bus gets there?

Yes, there are benches. Just beware, there is no queue at the BC and when there are many waiting, it can be a free for all as people push to the front.:sad2:
We've never had a problem though and just came back a week ago. Buses were great but we never visit during a very busy time either.

Edit to add: Sorry I didn't answer your question about rope drop. I would guess at least an hour. We are not rope drop people.

Page 1220-1222

Working my way through a number of pages on here, taking in the info that I can. We’re staying at YC 06-13 September.

First time there or at any of the Epcot resorts, and first of our trips to WDW that we’ve been able to plan 6+ months in advance. Previous trips have been WL, CR, and off-site once. Looking forward to our first Food & Wine experience, and hoping we get lucky along the way somewhere with some fairy dust as we’re both celebrating bdays and I put it on every reservation that asks for special occasions.

I'll add your birthday celebration trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Can we be added to the Be Our Guest list too? Staying at the BC garden view. August 10-18. Just me and my 2 teens.

You bet!

:woohoo:

Hello! We are at the beach club Nov 13-17. We had originally booked AkL but we were able to make the switch becasuenofmthe pool refurb.

Our last trip to disney, we wanted to add days to our tickets and were able to do that at the resort concierge desk. We were at the fort. I did not need everyone's band for that.

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the list.

Thanks for the helpful input.

:thumbsup2

We had a reservation at the AKL from August 17-31 that we wanted to cancel, because we've heard there were construction work planned during that time.

We wanted to switch to the YC, and now… I've been reading about the construction work at the SAB, and the possible pool closure. It seems Disney has not yet started officially communicating on it (nothing on the web site shows yet), would you believe there is a slightest chance our trip would be impacted?

I've also emailed DSS and let you know if they reply something useful.

I'll pencil you in on the list.

Unfortunately, we haven't received any definitive information about when work on the cabanas/pool will (or will not) take place. Thanks for providing us with info that you received.

So are they gonna actually close up some of SAB and put cabanas in its place? If so, what part?

From what I understand, the cabanas are going to be built beneath the kiddie pool area, between the YC and the dock.

Not sure though, never been to YC/BC, and this choice seems odd. Who would want to splurge 200$+ on a cabana only to hear other's kids scream all day long?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter