Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok last question, is there a schedule of events that is given out when you check in. We have a few half days at the resort planned just looking to see if there is anything we should look to do (events at the pool, crafts for kids etc). DD is 3.

Yes, they will give this to you when you check in. But Dee posts this every month too. Check page 1 for the current Feb resort activities.

Ok last question, is there a schedule of events that is given out when you check in. We have a few half days at the resort planned just looking to see if there is anything we should look to do (events at the pool, crafts for kids etc). DD is 3.

Yes. You'll receive a copy of the recreation calendar/schedule when you check in, either with the packet of information at actual check-in or one will be in the room. If you don't get one at either point simply check with the front desk or concierge. You can see examples of the monthly recreation calendar in post #4 of this thread.
You will normally find a copy of the new activities calendar posted on this thread either the first of the month or a day or two in advance.

Last edited:
We check in on Tuesday night, and booked as Standard View room. I called a few days ago to request a daybed room since my son and daughter really hate to share a bed. Today I was doodling around on the app and randomly clicked "charges" to see what it would pull up, and for each night it shows taxes, and then "Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Lagoon or Pool View." The nightly charge is the same so ... can I take this as a good sign that we might have a better room? I won't get my hopes up too much, just wondering if this means anything, haha. :teeth:

We check in on Tuesday night, and booked as Standard View room. I called a few days ago to request a daybed room since my son and daughter really hate to share a bed. Today I was doodling around on the app and randomly clicked "charges" to see what it would pull up, and for each night it shows taxes, and then "Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Lagoon or Pool View." The nightly charge is the same so ... can I take this as a good sign that we might have a better room? I won't get my hopes up too much, just wondering if this means anything, haha. :teeth:
It means you've received a free two-level upgrade (Standard+Garden/Woods View+Lagoon/Pool View)!

Hi, so we are booked for a split stay May 4-12 at POR the to YC CL. I called tonight to see if we could change our first two nights to YC CL and nothing is available (We are on a friends and family discount). I was able to get a wood view with the discount and was considering changing so we don't have to change resorts only rooms on May 6th. That is when our CL reservations begins. I was thinking could I do a late check out and hop by 1pm our new room could possibly be ready. This was I do not have to take everything and store in bell services. We were planning a partial pool day anyway so we would be around the resort. What are your thoughts?

Hi, so we are booked for a split stay May 4-12 at POR the to YC CL. I called tonight to see if we could change our first two nights to YC CL and nothing is available (We are on a friends and family discount). I was able to get a wood view with the discount and was considering changing so we don't have to change resorts only rooms on May 6th. That is when our CL reservations begins. I was thinking could I do a late check out and hop by 1pm our new room could possibly be ready. This was I do not have to take everything and store in bell services. We were planning a partial pool day anyway so we would be around the resort. What are your thoughts?

I don't know what view club level room you have, but there is a standard view club level room showing available with the sun & fun room only discount for May 4-6. I'm sure not as good as your other discount, but might be worth checking out.

Also if you do stick with the regular room, remember you can check in for your club level stay early in the day & have access to the lounge & food offerings even before your room is ready. You would still have to store your stuff with bell services of the room isn't ready tho.

Mods, can you take me off the list for May? I just changed our reservation from the BCV to a club room at the BWI. I decided that for just the 2 of us (me and DH), I would rather have club level than a villa! Not cooking anyway, LOL!

Thanks!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know/remember what the fall AP discount was for beach club? I found the percentage range for last year (25-35%) but not which percentage applied to which property. Hoping to book a September trip and wanted to estimate staying there so we could walk in and out of Epcot for food and wine - tia!!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know/remember what the fall AP discount was for beach club? I found the percentage range for last year (25-35%) but not which percentage applied to which property. Hoping to book a September trip and wanted to estimate staying there so we could walk in and out of Epcot for food and wine - tia!!

If what we're seeing with this spring holds, last year's discounts aren't necessarily a good indication. Currently, AP discounts are often not much better than general public discounts. I was looking to book a room at CR for next month, and the AP break was 15%. :/

If what we're seeing with this spring holds, last year's discounts aren't necessarily a good indication. Currently, AP discounts are often not much better than general public discounts. I was looking to book a room at CR for next month, and the AP break was 15%. :/

And AP discounts are few and far between for BC during F&W--not saying BC won't have any, but they will go quickly and will more than likely be for the higher priced room views.

They keep a stack of activity schedules on the tables that are next to the main elevators on the 2nd through 4th floor. :)

I looked at videos of the renovated rooms at YC. Do they all have showers no tubs? Just curious.

Also how big are the patios?

Thanks. :thumbsup2

Hi all - first time Beach Club stayer and just booked for an extended Memorial Day Weekend trip. :yay::yay::yay:

Questions:

1. Is there a place inside the resort that we can refill our mugs? Or is it similar to Boardwalk in that we have to go outside to find a place?

2. We booked Standard View - daughter has advanced ADHD and is particularly sensitive to noise. Any room recommendations that wouldn't also be too far of a walk to the exit either to the pool or walkway to DHS/Epcot?

3. I read on the first page that the approximate walk to DHS is about a mile - give or take a few minutes via the shortcut through the BWI clown pool. Being its Memorial Day Weekend, I'm assuming the lines for the boat will be that much more crowded. Will it likely be faster to walk it?

4. Is the pool still sand bottomed? Reason I ask is that I've asked someone whose gone in the past to Yacht Club and they don't recall sand at all.

TIA!

To avoid noise, you definitely do not want a room facing the pool. We had a standard room that faced the pool (right over the roof so it was obstructed pool view) and it was quite loud during pool hours because of the pool music.

Also, I repeat what someone else said: Don’t get a connecting room. Ours was connecting and we could hear everything our neighbors said when they were in the room. One evening they talked and laughed for over an hour. Had to turn on our tv to get some sleep.

Be aware that the Epcot and HS fireworks are loud. Big booms can be heard in the Beach Club room during the Star Wars fireworks and Illuminations. I guess at Disney it’s hard to avoid fireworks noise, but if your child is really sensitive, you might want headphones or some other noise cancelling device during fireworks.

I looked at videos of the renovated rooms at YC. Do they all have showers no tubs? Just curious.

Also how big are the patios?

Thanks. :thumbsup2
Only some of the rooms have showers. Most of them still have the standard tub/shower. Most of the patios are the width of the resort room and maybe about four to five feet deep.

I was there last week in a renovated room with two queens. We had a tub/shower combination.

I don't mind tub/shower combo...but please tell me they have glass shower doors v.s. the dreaded (read moldy/stinky) shower curtain...pretty please? Was at the BWI in December, deluxe room club level..expensive room...yet bathroom smelled like a gym locker...due to funky smelling old shower curtain:(. Had to be sure to leave bathroom door open when not in use, otherwise we got smacked in the face with old gym smell.

I don't mind tub/shower combo...but please tell me they have glass shower doors v.s. the dreaded (read moldy/stinky) shower curtain...pretty please? Was at the BWI in December, deluxe room club level..expensive room...yet bathroom smelled like a gym locker...due to funky smelling old shower curtain:(. Had to be sure to leave bathroom door open when not in use, otherwise we got smacked in the face with old gym smell.

Yacht Club

Shower.jpg

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter