Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I still have not heard from anyone at the Beach Club. I'm not super surprised, but will give it a few more days before giving up.

I DID get a call from WDW Guest Communications regarding my other complaints about MDE issues and the power outage at DHS that happened the same day we decided to add a park day to our passes and go back to TS Land. To their credit, they are sending me a gift card in the amount we paid to upgrade our passes (which we didn't end up even using, as we just returned to the resort upon finding out practically all of DHS was closed). So, I'm happy with that, as that was the one instance where we literally felt like we threw money away.

That's surprising to me. I'm sorry they haven't contacted you in some way to discuss.
If you don't hear from them in a few more days, I'd send again and this time copy her boss. I'm sure if you ask some of the more informed Dis members, they will advise who's in charge of Resorts.
When I have sent my thoughts, both good and not so good, I always copy whoever is the head honcho of DVC along with the resort GM. I've always gotten a rather quick response. Have also sent photos, which by themselves get me a quick response.
Good luck! I know they will make it right.

Hello everyone! :wave2:

My family will be staying at Beach Club from Aug 28-Sept 5, and we're SO excited! I have a few random questions that I was wondering if those who've stayed there could answer.

In the Beach Club Marketplace, would the breakfast bounty platter be enough to split between 2 adults? Opinions on using room service for the benefit of getting breakfast at 6am vs the cheaper option of waiting til 7am for Marketplace?

Would you recommend using physical check-in or online check-in for BC? As in, do you enjoy the cast member interaction/ability to pickup celebrate buttons/make requests vs the flexibility of receiving a text and proceeding straight to the room without waiting in line?

Oh! And lastly, I keep reading different answers to this one-- how deep does SAB get? I've heard the deepest part is almost 5ft and then I hear the lazy river is 8ft! (My daughter and I aren't really swimmers so we would want life vests for the precaution if that's the case.)

My family will be staying at Beach Club from Aug 28-Sept 5, and we're SO excited! I have a few random questions that I was wondering if those who've stayed there could answer.

In the Beach Club Marketplace, would the breakfast bounty platter be enough to split between 2 adults? Opinions on using room service for the benefit of getting breakfast at 6am vs the cheaper option of waiting til 7am for Marketplace?

Would you recommend using physical check-in or online check-in for BC? As in, do you enjoy the cast member interaction/ability to pickup celebrate buttons/make requests vs the flexibility of receiving a text and proceeding straight to the room without waiting in line?

Oh! And lastly, I keep reading different answers to this one-- how deep does SAB get? I've heard the deepest part is almost 5ft and then I hear the lazy river is 8ft! (My daughter and I aren't really swimmers so we would want life vests for the precaution if that's the case.)
I just ate the bounty breakfast this past Monday before we departed. It was big, but I wouldn’t think it would be enough to “fill up” two adults. It would be shareable though. I didn’t finish my entire plate, but I am also not a huge breakfast person. My husband ate all of his though.
The pool is mostly 5 feet deep, but it varies. The lazy river part of the pool goes from 4 feet at the main entrance to 8 feet. The pool is actually 3 separate pools. There is also a large shallow pool that is only about 2 feet deep. Most of the small kids stayed in that pool. My girls loved the pool. The only complaint I would have it that it was over their heads in most areas. They didn’t mind though. They spent most of their time diving down to explore the sand on the bottom.

The pool is rather deep at all points away from the edges. The lazy river section is mostly 8 ft except for a few areas where it's 4ft (they are like narrow ledges that cross the river for a short portion). Once you get beyond the slide catch pool and the area where the volleyball net is, it gets deep fast. Wear life jackets if you think you need them. I had to rescue a little girl who walked straight into the lazy river using the steps and promptly sank like a rock, as her mother was frantically calling after her to stop from afar. The lifeguard was on the other end of his section and didn't even see it happen.

Hello everyone! Been several years since I hung around these parts with the YC/BC gang. It’s been since our first stay at YC CL after our very first cruise on the Dream back in 2011. As you can see in my signature, we got a little hooked on cruising. LOL! This September hubby & I will be at Beach Club 9/13 - 9/15 before we head out on the Fantasy to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Looking forward to relaxing around the resort & pool. Crossing our fingers Miss Rocky is still out by the pool taking care of all the poolside libation needs. That’s one cool lady!

Did I read this right that CL perks/services are now offered on rooms not just on the upper decks? Someone said offered or they asked about it at check-in? What’s the additional charge for that? You can just ask about it? Interesting concept.

What’s the best procedure to request a king room? I had my TA add it as a request (if that’s possible). Curious what more I can do to increase our chances.

Still wishing there was better counter service dining options. I eat a pretty limited, healthy diet. Ideally we’d like to not have to go anywhere else like Springs or other resorts to get something to eat. I suppose it can’t all be bliss. Ale & Compass will see a lot of us. LOL!

Anywhoo, good to see some familiar faces and take in all the changes that have happened I’ve the years.

My husband and I will get the bounty platter plus a side of bacon and a side of eggs to share. Sometimes he will eat the whole bounty platter himself. :)

The only time we used room service in an attempt to get out of the room early, it backfired. The breakfast came an hour late. The kitchen apologized and said they had an unusually large number of breakfast orders that morning. But that was also a long time ago. I don't know how prompt they are now.

I would do both. The nice thing about online check in is you will know when your room is ready. I also like to go to the front desk to physically check in whenever we arrive before our room is ready. I like to ask about the room so I know whether or not I want see if they will change the location.

What’s the best procedure to request a king room? I had my TA add it as a request (if that’s possible). Curious what more I can do to increase our chances.
There are only about 12 rooms that have a king bed at the BC. We have had three of them without asking for them. I don't know how they decide who to give them to, but I'm sure that getting lucky enough to have one available during your trip dates would help. None of the three king rooms that we were in had a full balcony, so requesting one of those might lessen your chances of getting a king room. I would request a king bed and that would be it. :)

Last edited:
There are only about 12 rooms that have a king bed at the BC. We have had three of them without asking for them. I don't know how they decide who to give them to, but I'm sure that getting lucky enough to have one available during your trip dates would help. None of the three king rooms that we were in had a full balcony, so requesting one of those might lessen your chances of getting a king room. I would request a king bed and that would be it. :)
That’s all we requested. King bed. I don’t care about balconies. Too stinkin hot to be hangin around out there anyway. Thank you for the info!

Definitely. It's the most tried and true method.

Call the Main Reservations line and add your request to your reservation. I would word your request just like you have it here. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Awesome thank you so much!

Online. When we went two years ago, our room was ready before we arrived, and there was a cast member that met us at the Magical Express drop off and assisted us - gave the kids stickers, walked us to our building, etc, so it felt like we had the best of both experiences.

So, I had not had a chance to email the GM at Yacht Club about my dirty room, but I did take a survey yesterday from Disney specifically about The Yacht Club, and I mentioned my issues there. This morning I received an email from The Senior Duty Manager at Y&BC resorts. He wants me to let him know what is a good time for him to contact me regarding the issues, so I will let you know if anything comes of it.

Here is a brief report from our stay at the BC Club Level. We arrived on July 4th at Sanford airport and rented a car. On our way to the resort, we were notified that our room was ready and that we could proceed directly to the 5th floor and to our room. We have had that particular room numerous times. It was a view of the volley ball court. We dropped off our bags in the room, grabbed a quick snack and headed to IG at EPCOT. We returned to the resort for 5 pm to see what the nightly appetizers were. We were not disappointed as they have changed since our last visit back in May 2017. The lounge was not crowed at all. We had dinner at the boardwalk and then back to EPCOT for the fireworks. Upon returning after the awesome fireworks we had a nice surprise waiting for us in the room. It was a very large platter of chocolate covered strawberries and a solid white chocolate Minnie with Happy Birthday. There was also a welcome home card as well. We had no issues with housekeeping. In fact, they stocked us up with extras each day. The only weird thing was on our last evening, we had a bath mat. We received turn down service each evening. When we would come back in the afternoons, we did not encounter any room checks. The only time we encountered a busy lounge was at breakfast which only happened twice. It seemed like they were short staffed and could not keep up refilling items which usually was the special hot item and dishes. We were lucky to try the crepes and the bread pudding.

The staff was much friendlier this time.

The parks for the most part were empty and with Studios opening at 7am each morning, I think that helped. We did seem to notice that people were not paying attention to walking and running into others because they were on the phone. Then when they ran into you, they gave you dirty looks like it was your fault.

We did encounter large tour groups. We usually go in January and thought that was bad but this was much worse.

We look forward to returning in December.

years ago, I joined the DISBoards.

Happy 10! I just looked for the fun of it and it looks like I beat you to it by a whole 2 months, joining in May 2008. Funny - I met my wife in January 2008 who introduced me to the Beach club, which I took her to for the first time in March 2008. (because why not, after barely 3 months of dating? Lol.) Here we are, 10 years later, with 610 DVC points (all at BCV of course), 2-3 trips a year with different factions of family half the time and half on our own. It's been great for her mentally handicapped son (currently physically age 36, mentally 7-10), who stays on track all year looking forward to SAB, the rides, and the mickey cartoon channel in the room. He doesn't smile much but the camera always catches it on splash mountain ;)

Thanks, Dee, for keeping this ultra-helpful resource going. Even as a regular, things change, and it's nice to know about things ahead of time!

Yes, absolutely. Us BCV folks like to hide out of sight at the villas and then appear suddenly at just the right time to snatch up all the best pool tables and chaises. (Shhh... don't tell anyone ;))
Exactly!!! I planned 2 full days of nothing but pool time on this trip, so I will indeed be lurking about for the best chaise on which to plant myself for the day!

Exactly!!! I planned 2 full days of nothing but pool time on this trip, so I will indeed be lurking about for the best chaise on which to plant myself for the day!

I made a fatal-to-my-sleep mistake about 2 years ago. I decided to line up early and grab a table. Now the wife insists we do that every..single...day...!! It's nice to have, but can't I sleep in once in a while? And just to twist the knife, SAB used to be open from 10-11, now it's usually 9-10, so I have to be there by 8:40'ish just to stand there, then sit there with my coffee :coffee: until everyone else decides to finally show up. Admittedly it's not the worst place to hang out (;)), but oh well. It's my bad for entertaining the thought in the first place! :confused3

Here is a brief report from our stay at the BC Club Level. We arrived on July 4th at Sanford airport and rented a car. On our way to the resort, we were notified that our room was ready and that we could proceed directly to the 5th floor and to our room. We have had that particular room numerous times. It was a view of the volley ball court. We dropped off our bags in the room, grabbed a quick snack and headed to IG at EPCOT. We returned to the resort for 5 pm to see what the nightly appetizers were. We were not disappointed as they have changed since our last visit back in May 2017. The lounge was not crowed at all. We had dinner at the boardwalk and then back to EPCOT for the fireworks. Upon returning after the awesome fireworks we had a nice surprise waiting for us in the room. It was a very large platter of chocolate covered strawberries and a solid white chocolate Minnie with Happy Birthday. There was also a welcome home card as well. We had no issues with housekeeping. In fact, they stocked us up with extras each day. The only weird thing was on our last evening, we had a bath mat. We received turn down service each evening. When we would come back in the afternoons, we did not encounter any room checks. The only time we encountered a busy lounge was at breakfast which only happened twice. It seemed like they were short staffed and could not keep up refilling items which usually was the special hot item and dishes. We were lucky to try the crepes and the bread pudding.

The staff was much friendlier this time.

The parks for the most part were empty and with Studios opening at 7am each morning, I think that helped. We did seem to notice that people were not paying attention to walking and running into others because they were on the phone. Then when they ran into you, they gave you dirty looks like it was your fault.

We did encounter large tour groups. We usually go in January and thought that was bad but this was much worse.

We look forward to returning in December.

Lol, My favorite lines are Pardon YOU or Excuse YOU, when someone runs into me because they are buried in their phone instead of looking where they're walking.

So isn’t there something about for-charge poolside Cabanas being installed? (<— my autocorrect is convinced the word Cabanas is a proper name...because of Cabanas on the ships...I think I love that)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter