Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is interesting - my sister is meeting me and my mom this weekend at WL, but the reservation is under my name. Will she have an issue getting past the guard gate?
Is she on the reservation? If so, she won't have any problem. Otherwise, she needs to tell the guard she is meeting you at the resort and give your name and room number if possible.

Is she on the reservation? If so, she won't have any problem. Otherwise, she needs to tell the guard she is meeting you at the resort and give your name and room number if possible.
Hmm I had my mom on there and my sister decided to come somewhat last minute. Not sure if we should chance it...

Hmm I had my mom on there and my sister decided to come somewhat last minute. Not sure if we should chance it...
I'm not sure I understand. If she is staying with you at the WL, she needs to be on the reservation. If she isn't staying with you, she can just say she is visiting you while you are staying there. But if you have the space on your reservation (you still have occupancy left), just add her to the reservation when you arrive.

I'm not sure I understand. If she is staying with you at the WL, she needs to be on the reservation. If she isn't staying with you, she can just say she is visiting you while you are staying there. But if you have the space on your reservation (you still have occupancy left), just add her to the reservation when you arrive.
Yes, agreed. I meant to say we shouldn't chance her NOT being added to the reservation. I hadn't thought about it until I saw the post about being turned away.

I know it's a terrible picture, but WL fans will recognize this from what's in the upper left hand corner. :)

IMG_5138.JPG

Hi all! I just booked through Disney Priceline Express for Feb 9th-10th and got Wilderness Lodge, a Courtyard View - Bunk Bed! This is a solo trip, and I've never stayed at Wilderness Lodge before. Any recommendations for room requests for a first timer? Or other WL recs for a first timer?

Hi all! I just booked through Disney Priceline Express for Feb 9th-10th and got Wilderness Lodge, a Courtyard View - Bunk Bed! This is a solo trip, and I've never stayed at Wilderness Lodge before. Any recommendations for room requests for a first timer? Or other WL recs for a first timer?

I also got WL as a great express deal on Priceline. Our dates are March 20-26. I'm wondering how the bunk beds are? Is it possible/likely to request a room with two queen beds?

Advice on room requests and good locations for generally quiet area but with a view would be awesome.

I also got WL as a great express deal on Priceline. Our dates are March 20-26. I'm wondering how the bunk beds are? Is it possible/likely to request a room with two queen beds?
I'm just guessing, but maybe the great deal was on Priceline because the bunk bed rooms weren't selling very well, in which case they probably won't want you to change to a different room type.

Hi everyone! First time posting on this thread. :)

Wanted to see if you had any recommendations for a room request...our first WL stay is coming up on Wednesday, December 20. We have a deluxe CL room booked, and my understanding is that none of these are on the same floor as the lounge (floors 1-5 at the end of the hall in the North Wing, correct?). My guess is that it would be best to request a room on a higher floor, just so we have to climb fewer stairs/take a shorter elevator ride to the lounge. Is this the best strategy for a deluxe room request?

Any other tips about the WL and/or CL here would be lovely as well! We are super excited to finally be staying here...we've stayed at all of the other WDW deluxes, and on this trip we'll be at WL from 12/20-12/23 and then in a 1BR suite at the BC from 12/23-12/27.

Thanks in advance! :)

Going to be staying Friday 21st until Monday 24th. In past at Deluxe resorts and Wilderness Lodge they did character meet and greets around that time. Does anyone know if this is scheduled? Also is there any scheduled events at Wilderness Lodge for that time or Christmas?

Wanted to see if you had any recommendations for a room request...our first WL stay is coming up on Wednesday, December 20. We have a deluxe CL room booked, and my understanding is that none of these are on the same floor as the lounge (floors 1-5 at the end of the hall in the North Wing, correct?).
Correct. Just the 10 Deluxe rooms on floors 1-5, 2 per floor. The CL lounge is located on the 7th floor for reference. I like the 4th or 5th floor Deluxe rooms.

Dave

Correct. Just the 10 Deluxe rooms on floors 1-5, 2 per floor. The CL lounge is located on the 7th floor for reference. I like the 4th or 5th floor Deluxe rooms.

Dave
Thanks, @Dave006 ! I called DSS today and asked if I could request a higher floor for our room. The CM who assisted me said he liked the 5th floor location best and would note that request on my reservation. :) Fingers crossed!

I had a nature view room and went to add 2nights and they had to give me courtyard but the web still says Nature is available. Is this because I am Military discount? I really wanted Nature view to maybe see fireworks, Is there any way I might get one at check-in? Or should I keep courtyard?

I had a nature view room and went to add 2nights and they had to give me courtyard but the web still says Nature is available. Is this because I am Military discount?

Probably. When you say the website showed Nature View available, was it available when searching under the Military Discount? Only a certain number of rooms in each category are available under any Discount.

I really wanted Nature view to maybe see fireworks, Is there any way I might get one at check-in? Or should I keep courtyard?

It's worth asking, but I would not count on it. And if you really want it, you may have to lose the Military Discount.

Probably. When you say the website showed Nature View available, was it available when searching under the Military Discount? Only a certain number of rooms in each category are available under any Discount.

No that was just looking at rooms available...

It's worth asking, but I would not count on it. And if you really want it, you may have to lose the Military Discount.
Well it may not be that worth it....:rolleyes1

I had a nature view room and went to add 2nights and they had to give me courtyard but the web still says Nature is available. Is this because I am Military discount? I really wanted Nature view to maybe see fireworks, Is there any way I might get one at check-in? Or should I keep courtyard?

Not answer your questions as others have spoken to it... but...

An alternative to consider:

On the upper floors (4th or 5th and up) you can get a nice view of the fireworks from the hallway, there is a set of shuttered windows that has quite a nice view. So if fireworks is all you want the nature view for, keep the cheaper courtyard view and wader over to the hallway windows for the fireworks show. No music, but you won't have that in your room either.

Below are pics from IIRC the 5th floor though it may have been the 4th, during our Dec 2017 stay. The view during fireworks, and the windows themselves. The shutters were closed when we got there, we had to open them.

SW

IMG-5909.JPG IMG-5910.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!