Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share the towel creation that my dad got in his club level room at WL..I thought it was adorable!
So cute! I haven’t recieved any since they changed the policy! I didn’t realize some mousekeepers were still making them! We had one mouse keeper at POR who left us a different one each day, in funny poses. We always looked forward to seeing what she left when going back to the room!

Gotta say - Geyser Point is a walking disaster....

Menu options, serving, conditions change DAILY. Just us - DVC owners at BRV....

BOOK something serious, like Whispering Canyon.
....and we are SO sorry that CCV owners never got a real common area :(. While we are not affected? Suspect it would be a good idea to tear DOWN GP, start over, and get serious.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
What it sounds like to me is GP needs a new manager.

Yes, the staff were getting ready for last refurb just after our stay in Jan 2012. So they are over due. But I’m not looking forward to refurb as the current trend is toward more generic rooms, taking out the charm and theming. And ceiling fans :sad2:
Yeah, lately every time they refurb a resort, they remove the theming from the rooms, thereby destroying my main incentive to stay there vs. offsite. It will be so sad if/when this happens to WL.

So cute! I haven’t recieved any since they changed the policy! I didn’t realize some mousekeepers were still making them! We had one mouse keeper at POR who left us a different one each day, in funny poses. We always looked forward to seeing what she left when going back to the room!

There are some at WL that still do them. We had an awesome mousekeeper in Feb 2017 who made us a bird.

Yeah, lately every time they refurb a resort, they remove the theming from the rooms, thereby destroying my main incentive to stay there vs. offsite. It will be so sad if/when this happens to WL.
Yes, I used to love the little Disney touches, like Mickey Lamps, hidden mickeys in drapes, etc. And ceiling fans! I don’t like my AC on deep freeze. Having a ceiling fan allowed me to keep AC set on 70 and be comfortable. I’d think it would be a savings too on electric for them. I don’t understand the move to remove the fans.

Yes, I used to love the little Disney touches, like Mickey Lamps, hidden mickeys in drapes, etc. And ceiling fans! I don’t like my AC on deep freeze. Having a ceiling fan allowed me to keep AC set on 70 and be comfortable. I’d think it would be a savings too on electric for them. I don’t understand the move to remove the fans.

I think they are taking out the fans so they can use motion sensors to control a/c

Hi, all. Looking forward to our first WL stay in November. Anyone know why the Artist Point reservations for early November are not yet in the system? Thanks!

The times just haven’t been loaded yet. Keep checking back and eventually the ADR times will be there. Ive seen this happen with other restaurants. :)
I’ve read they will be closed from late Oct to late Nov maybe. The rumor is a character breakfast is coming, but no confirmation on that.

Does anyone have pictures of the Bus Stops directory at the parks to know where the buses drop you off and pick you up at MK, DHS, and AK? I'm curious where the bus stop is for Wilderness Lodge for an upcoming trip.

Does anyone have pictures of the Bus Stops directory at the parks to know where the buses drop you off and pick you up at MK, DHS, and AK? I'm curious where the bus stop is for Wilderness Lodge for an upcoming trip.

I have a photo of the bus stop directory from Animal Kingdom park. It shows Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge at Bus Stop 1.

The recent controversy/uncertainty around WL dining seems to indicate a bit of an identity crisis for the resort.

Don't quote me but I read that the closure was confirmed by CMs and I am fairly certain I read it is from late Oct to late Nov.

OK I am literally quoting you, but seriously, this is a HUGE bummer. We are there for Thanksgiving week and the ONLY ADR I was planning on making was for Thanksgiving Dinner at AP.

OK I am literally quoting you, but seriously, this is a HUGE bummer. We are there for Thanksgiving week and the ONLY ADR I was planning on making was for Thanksgiving Dinner at AP.
Agreed - huge bummer. Certainly seems possible/likely at this point, but I’ve looked all over and can’t find anything to confirm this.

Hey guys it's been a while since I've visited this page. Question, we are visiting Universal for a week in Aug but hitting the Halloween party on the 28th. Early dinner at Whispering canyon at 230pm. Can I pay the daily parking rare and leave the car there for the night, or do I need to valet? Kids will enjoy taking the boat back and forth . Thanks for any info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter