• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Smurfs reboot (Thanks Sony for stealing it!)

Mr X

Earning My Ears
After watching The Smurfs 2, I knew that film has giving a bad review. Because Sony is killing off the reputation of The Smurfs.

Then in October 2013, I made my Forum on Rotten Tomatoes:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_smurfs_2/forum/?threadid=328286540

One of the Rotten Tomatoes users say:
That's most improbable... but don't let that stop it. If Dreamworks is making a CGI movie of Peabody's Improbable History, then Disney CAN reboot The Smurfs. But is anyone working there aware of it?

So I begin to think in a GOOD Smurfs movie that John Lasseter and Walt Disney Animation Studios would like.

It was supposed to be an epic non-musical adventure, in the vein of The Lord of the Rings, But after the Success of Frozen (including winning 2 Oscars), I was thinking of turning Smurfs reboot into an epic musical adventure comedy-drama film, in the same vein as The Lion King, but the story inspired by FernGully: The Last Rainforest and Epic, with Kelly Asbury and Roger Allers as the directors, while Veronique Culliford and John Lasseter as the executive producer, while Me and Peter Del Vecho as the producers.

Story: A Young boy, who got shrunk in the size of a smurf, after his original love interest died.

Characters: Oscar (I Know, this characters is named after me), is the Main Human Protagonist, where he is shrunk into a size of a smurf after his original love interest died. Celest, Oscar's original love interest until her death. an unnamed talking black-footed ferret (voiced by Max Casella, who voiced Daxter in Jak and Daxter series), because when Disney films has a comic relief like Aladdin has Genie, Beauty and the Beast has Lumiere and Frozen has Olaf. an unnamed obese guy voiced by Alan Tudyk (who voice King Candy/Turbo in Wreck-It Ralph and The Duke of Weselton in Frozen), another comic relief and is new Gargamel's helper.

Smurfette, Papa Smurf, Clumsy Smurf, Jokey Smurf and more, will appear in this film.

but in March 2013, I was a little freak out when I heard that Sony Pictures Animation shelve The Smurfs 3 and make a completely-animated Smurfs movie, VERY similar to one that I'm making. :mad:
http://filmonic.com/sony-cancels-smurfs-3-reboots-franchise-completely

Now it have an Production Blog
http://smurfsproductionblog.tumblr.com/
The worst is soon will have a sneak peek at Annency 2014 tomorrow in June 10th :mad:

I think Sony Pictures Animation stole MY idea!!
I get a Completely-Animated Smurfs movie first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter