Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

WestDepot Bus Stop (behind AB) is first, followed by NorthDepot (behind and between AB building 37 and Magnolia Bend Acadia House Building 80), then EastDepot ( behind Magnolia Terrace building 85), and finally SouthDepot which is outside the Main Check in Building. If you are in a preferred room you would be closest to South Depot. This is a VERY busy depot, and since it is last on the way to the parks, at certain times it will be standing room only for those boarding the bus here.

Ugh this is what I was afraid of. Thanks so much for the information. Hopefully we will go at times where it won't be as crowded. Do you happen to know if the south depot stop is first to let off on way back from the parks? That would be nice.

Ugh this is what I was afraid of. Thanks so much for the information. Hopefully we will go at times where it won't be as crowded. Do you happen to know if the south depot stop is first to let off on way back from the parks? That would be nice.
Coming back from the parks the bus follows the same route, so South Depot would be last again. At some times of day Park buses are shared with French Quarter, starting there and then following the route described in my response above. For more information about transportation and everything you want to know about Port Orleans, check out Andre’s fantastic unofficial website
Portorleans.org

We stayed in building 14 recently (one of the preferred buildings) but walked to the West Depot to catch the bus most of the time - it is a little bit of a walk but worth it to get in the bus first.

My daughter and I are doing a girls weekend May 17-19 and staying in a royal room. I use a rollator walker - with it being so crowded will we have to wait through multiply pickups to finally get a bus I can get on? It does fold up so it doesn't need a wheelchair spot, but I need to sit as my ankle isn't strong enough to stand on a moving bus.

at certain times it will be standing room only for those boarding the bus here.

Don't forget the same applies to the West Depot later in the day, when the buses will have come from the parks and will potentially be packed with weary families returning home. OK, some will probably get off at the first drop-off (West) but often not enough to allow seating by then, as most people tend to get off at South. There is no one perfect answer for every bus stop at every time of day. Oh, and while South may indeed be standing room only,
it's also a quicker journey to the park than it would be if you got on at West and then did three more pickups.

Andre

This will be our first trip to POR in July, we stayed at CBR the past 3 trips... Does POR have the Freestyle Coke machines located around the resort like CBR? If not is the only location to fill your mug at the food court?

Thanks, Buford

Does POR have the Freestyle Coke machines located around the resort like CBR? If not is the only location to fill your mug at the food court?

No, Riverside still has the regular dispenser machines (four, all located in the central aisle in the food court).

French Quarter has the new Freestyle machines though, so if you happen to walk over there at any point remember to take your mugs with you.

Andre

Heading back to Port Orleans on Saturday for one night before our stay at SSR. Hoping to be placed in AB again, but doubtful.

I’ve stayed at POR before but I’m wondering. I currently have a 5th sleeper, garden view room for May. I’ve always had a room with a tub, but are these rooms already refurbed to have showers only? I’m trying to keep my requests to a minimum but with a baby a tub would be ideal. Anyone have insight on this?

I’ve stayed at POR before but I’m wondering. I currently have a 5th sleeper, garden view room for May. I’ve always had a room with a tub, but are these rooms already refurbed to have showers only? I’m trying to keep my requests to a minimum but with a baby a tub would be ideal. Anyone have insight on this?
AFAIK all of the rooms at POR have tubs, if some don’t they are HA or an exception. Even with the recent paused refurb I never heard about the new rooms having showers only. Hopefully someone will correct if I’m wrong about the refurbed rooms still having tubs.

218 days to go for my 2 daughters and mom. We just came back Feb 18th for a dream trip staying at the Polynesian. We were at POR back in 2014 and loved it so much we are coming back. Can't wait :):flower:

Does POR have the new Mugs? Checking in Tonight. If Not does POFQ because I'll walk over for the new mugs, lol Or heck I'll even wait until the morning and see if the poly has them, yes I am obsessed with the new mugs. :drinking1:earboy2:

I’ve always had a room with a tub, but are these rooms already refurbed to have showers only?

All regular guest rooms at Port Orleans (including the refurbished ones) have a tub with a shower-head on the wall over one end of the tub.

The only exceptions (which have always been the case) are some of the specially adapted Accessible rooms which have a roll-in shower. These are provided for guests who cannot get in and out of a tub. In very rare cases when the resort is completely full, it is possible that one of these rooms, if unoccupied, could be assigned to a guest without special needs, but it's very rare.

Andre

Does anyone know the pool hours, I read somewhere that they are open 24/7 but that doesn't sound right

From https://www.portorleans.org/recreation-schedules.php

The main feature swimming pool operating hours are currently 10am—8pm, outside of which the pools and hot tubs are gated and locked as there are no lifeguards on duty. This will be changing to 9am—11pm from 10 March 2019. The five Riverside leisure (quiet) pools are officially listed as 9am—10pm but they are not locked and are generally available at any time within reason.

Does POR have the new Mugs? Checking in Tonight. If Not does POFQ because I'll walk over for the new mugs, lol Or heck I'll even wait until the morning and see if the poly has them, yes I am obsessed with the new mugs. :drinking1:earboy2:

I was there last weekend and they had the new Mickey mugs with black lids, and the new Pixar mugs with pink lids. :)

I just got back from our first full trip at POR 3/23-3/29 and I figured that I'd share a few thoughts in case they're helpful to anyone trying to choose a hotel. We had stayed for one night before but this was our first "real" POR trip. We thought this was a lovely resort initially and staying there the full time did not decrease the loveliness of the grounds. We had booked "riverview" for $50 more total for the 6 nights (over gardenview) and I'm not sure the view was worth it. We did end up in a preferred building, #27, which we might not have if we were in a gardenview room.

To understand our perceptions, it's important to know that we usually stay at a deluxe resort and this was the first moderate we had tried--so we understand the comparison between the two categories is unfair. That said, we were a little disappointed with the main pool. It seemed pretty small and quite busy. We had planned on using the "quiet" pools more, but they always had a bunch of noisy younger kids in them (granted it was during spring break weeks!). The room was perfectly fine for us. We ended up in a non-updated room, but that was okay. We would have liked more storage space, as with the fold down bed there wasn't very much, but this had very little effect on our trip. The resort quick service was nearly always busy, but not crazy. It seemed organized and there were lots of options. We didn't eat any real meals here but grabbed drinks and snacks several times. We prefer sit-down meals, so being farther away from areas with a variety of TS restaurants meant we spent more of our time traveling back and forth. We did take the boat into Disney Springs one evening and appreciated the convenience of this.

The real difficulty for us was the time it took to get to all the parks. The buses just felt like a hassle all the time, in a way that hadn't previously. We were about equal distance between the West depot and South depot, and used whichever one we thought would be best. There were times the lines to get on the buses were so long, they had to send two buses to get everyone. I think we rode standing many more times than we had a seat, both to and from the parks. Again, it was a busy time of year, but I imagine that POR is often pretty full, so I can't imagine this had too much of an impact on the number of people on the bus. Disney was good about sending a second bus, when not everyone could get on the first one, but this was usually still an extra 10 minute wait--and then standing the full 15 minutes to the theme park. Because we prefer to take a mid-day break each day, we felt like we spent lots of time waiting and standing on buses. We finally started using Lyft/Uber at times that we knew it would be really busy. I figured that in some ways this was money well spent, as we could probably use a ride-share 6-8 times for the $100 cost to upgrade to a deluxe hotel from a moderate for even just one night. Due to the way we vacation (mid-day breaks and lots of table service), we're considering if Disney moderates will work for our family. We were spoiled before with being able to walk to some of the parks when we stayed at the Epcot area deluxes or have a wider variety of food and a theme park very close by (Animal Kingdom Lodge). Overall, POR was a really lovely & peaceful resort but I'm not sure it worked for us.

Reactions: DLo
I just got back from our first full trip at POR 3/23-3/29 and I figured that I'd share a few thoughts in case they're helpful to anyone trying to choose a hotel. We had stayed for one night before but this was our first "real" POR trip. We thought this was a lovely resort initially and staying there the full time did not decrease the loveliness of the grounds. We had booked "riverview" for $50 more total for the 6 nights (over gardenview) and I'm not sure the view was worth it. We did end up in a preferred building, #27, which we might not have if we were in a gardenview room.

To understand our perceptions, it's important to know that we usually stay at a deluxe resort and this was the first moderate we had tried--so we understand the comparison between the two categories is unfair. That said, we were a little disappointed with the main pool. It seemed pretty small and quite busy. We had planned on using the "quiet" pools more, but they always had a bunch of noisy younger kids in them (granted it was during spring break weeks!). The room was perfectly fine for us. We ended up in a non-updated room, but that was okay. We would have liked more storage space, as with the fold down bed there wasn't very much, but this had very little effect on our trip. The resort quick service was nearly always busy, but not crazy. It seemed organized and there were lots of options. We didn't eat any real meals here but grabbed drinks and snacks several times. We prefer sit-down meals, so being farther away from areas with a variety of TS restaurants meant we spent more of our time traveling back and forth. We did take the boat into Disney Springs one evening and appreciated the convenience of this.

The real difficulty for us was the time it took to get to all the parks. The buses just felt like a hassle all the time, in a way that hadn't previously. We were about equal distance between the West depot and South depot, and used whichever one we thought would be best. There were times the lines to get on the buses were so long, they had to send two buses to get everyone. I think we rode standing many more times than we had a seat, both to and from the parks. Again, it was a busy time of year, but I imagine that POR is often pretty full, so I can't imagine this had too much of an impact on the number of people on the bus. Disney was good about sending a second bus, when not everyone could get on the first one, but this was usually still an extra 10 minute wait--and then standing the full 15 minutes to the theme park. Because we prefer to take a mid-day break each day, we felt like we spent lots of time waiting and standing on buses. We finally started using Lyft/Uber at times that we knew it would be really busy. I figured that in some ways this was money well spent, as we could probably use a ride-share 6-8 times for the $100 cost to upgrade to a deluxe hotel from a moderate for even just one night. Due to the way we vacation (mid-day breaks and lots of table service), we're considering if Disney moderates will work for our family. We were spoiled before with being able to walk to some of the parks when we stayed at the Epcot area deluxes or have a wider variety of food and a theme park very close by (Animal Kingdom Lodge). Overall, POR was a really lovely & peaceful resort but I'm not sure it worked for us.

We, also, usually stay deluxe, and I understand some of your issues with Port Orleans.

However, when we stay moderate, we just realize what we are getting up front and how this will allow us to save money (and it can be significant). So then it does not become an issue.

We always have our car, and this really helps with the bus issues (if any).

Granted, you are right, it was Spring Break!

Thanks for the report.

We're planning in wondering over from FQ to see Yeehaa Bob one evening. Is it a more or less continuous show for a few hours with his breaks, or a new show with introductions etc that starts every hour or so?

We're planning in wondering over from FQ to see Yeehaa Bob one evening. Is it a more or less continuous show for a few hours with his breaks, or a new show with introductions etc that starts every hour or so?
One show with a break in the middle starting around 8:30 and finnishing around midnight. Been a while since we stayed for the whole thing so can't say if a song or two may not be repeated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter