Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I would request Oak Manor with a resort fax room request about 3-4 days before you plan on leaving. We had an Oak Manor Pool View Royal Room (2nd Floor) and it was quiet and a short walk over the bridge to the main food court. Also, the bust stop was a short walk over behind our building.

Enjoy your planning and trip :)
What is a "fax room"? Thanks

What is the pet policy? I see in a previous post that some buildings are allowed to have dogs? Does this mean there will be dogs being walked along the main paths? I ask because - right or wrong no judgement please - my 9 year old is scared of dogs to the point we have to avoid walking near them or I have to pick up and carry her to go by them - even if they are on a short leash. Just want to be prepared - and be able to prepare her.

Even though I'm a many-times visitor, I have a question that I can't find the answer to, so I'm asking here, all you wise people!

I'm working a trade show next week in Orlando, and then doing the FASTEST day ever at MK/EP after we're done. I have one night ONE NIGHT OUCH OUCH at POR on Saturday the 23rd. I have my magicbands and online check in all done, BUT can I park at POR that morning, early, before my Crystal Palace ADR? :teeth:

I'm either going to do a Minnie express or the bus, but I just need to make sure I can leave my car at the resort so I can optimize in-park time.

Thanks, beautiful people.

Even though I'm a many-times visitor, I have a question that I can't find the answer to, so I'm asking here, all you wise people!

I'm working a trade show next week in Orlando, and then doing the FASTEST day ever at MK/EP after we're done. I have one night ONE NIGHT OUCH OUCH at POR on Saturday the 23rd. I have my magicbands and online check in all done, BUT can I park at POR that morning, early, before my Crystal Palace ADR? :teeth:

I'm either going to do a Minnie express or the bus, but I just need to make sure I can leave my car at the resort so I can optimize in-park time.

Thanks, beautiful people.

Of course you can.

Anyone here ever used the Minnie van service to or from the MK? If so how is it? Is it worth it if we have a PPO BOG ADR? Plus a stroller (probably the BOB, which is a behemoth). Or we could drive to the MK (we are driving to Florida so I’ll have the van). Any any recommendations is appreciated.

Anyone here ever used the Minnie van service to or from the MK? If so how is it? Is it worth it if we have a PPO BOG ADR? Plus a stroller (probably the BOB, which is a behemoth). Or we could drive to the MK (we are driving to Florida so I’ll have the van). Any any recommendations is appreciated.

We have. It was cute and worked fine, but in our opinion not worth the money. We prefer the bus for PPO ADRs. We save Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van for breakfast ADRs at another resort.

We have. It was cute and worked fine, but in our opinion not worth the money. We prefer the bus for PPO ADRs. We save Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van for breakfast ADRs at another resort.

What time do you have to leave on a bus to make a PPO at BOG versus the Minnie Van... we are not necessarily morning people so I'm just trying to get all our options for making it to the MK for that 8am breakfast :)

What time do you have to leave on a bus to make a PPO at BOG versus the Minnie Van... we are not necessarily morning people so I'm just trying to get all our options for making it to the MK for that 8am breakfast :)

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM. For an 8AM ADR, we would be at the bus stop by 7-7:15. For an 8AM ADR we had the Minnie Van pick us up at 7:15.

What is the pet policy? I see in a previous post that some buildings are allowed to have dogs? Does this mean there will be dogs being walked along the main paths?

They try to focus any bookings where the guests are bringing a dog to building 24 in Alligator Bayou, but obviously that can get flexed a little if the guest has a different room category booked. You can ask to be placed as far away from an animal-friendly area as possible though, which should help. It's worth contacting the resort in advance to mention that this is a full-blown phobia though, rather than just a general preference request.

However you should know that the resort policy is that well-behaved dogs on leashes are allowed in any of the public areas of the resort, including the main buildings. The only exceptions are the food & beverage areas and the pool decks. There are honestly not a lot of dogs at the resort and any given time anyway, but there is always the risk of you coming across one.

Andre

Do the mansion buildings (not royal rooms) feel far from the Rivermill food court?

Also are Acadian house and Magnolia terrace getting renovations or have they been done in recent years?

Last edited:
Do the mansion buildings (not royal rooms) feel far from the Rivermill food court?

We didn't think so.

Also are Acadian house and Magnolia terrace getting renovations or have they been done in recent years?

POR started a room refurb last Fall but had been put on hold. Rumor has it that it will start back up this month. They are working their way through the Alligator Bayou section first then start on the Mansions. This link has the most up to date info on the progress.

https://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

We didn't think so.

POR started a room refurb last Fall but had been put on hold. Rumor has it that it will start back up this month. They are working their way through the Alligator Bayou section first then start on the Mansions. This link has the most up to date info on the progress.

https://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

Just looked at this link. Do you agree that all AB buildings would be done before they begin on the Mansions? I was considering switching from POFQ to a River View at POR (and requesting a mansion as we only have 4 in our party), but I would not even think about it if there are refurbishments going on at the same time possibly. That link says Spring 2019 Manions were supposed to be started. Thoughts?

Just looked at this link. Do you agree that all AB buildings would be done before they begin on the Mansions?

That was the original plan and there's been no news of it changing.

I was considering switching from POFQ to a River View at POR (and requesting a mansion as we only have 4 in our party), but I would not even think about it if there are refurbishments going on at the same time possibly. That link says Spring 2019 Manions were supposed to be started. Thoughts?

Unless they change up the original plans, I don't see the Mansions starting until July or later.

They try to focus any bookings where the guests are bringing a dog to building 24 in Alligator Bayou, but obviously that can get flexed a little if the guest has a different room category booked. You can ask to be placed as far away from an animal-friendly area as possible though, which should help. It's worth contacting the resort in advance to mention that this is a full-blown phobia though, rather than just a general preference request.

However you should know that the resort policy is that well-behaved dogs on leashes are allowed in any of the public areas of the resort, including the main buildings. The only exceptions are the food & beverage areas and the pool decks. There are honestly not a lot of dogs at the resort and any given time anyway, but there is always the risk of you coming across one.

Andre

I was just there for over a week. I think I saw 2 people walking leashed dogs on the path. That is literally the only evidence I saw of it being a pet friendly resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter