Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Back on the disboards!!! :-)

Quick question regarding the number of people in a POFQ room! Are you allowed to have a 5th sleeper in a room, at extra charge of course?

I know some hotels will let you have a 5th sleeper for like 10$ extra per night, and I can't remember if Disney allows that.

Thanks in advance.
Disney makes it really easy when you are booking a stay with 5 people/guests.
Enter the number of guests on MDE, if the room comes up as an option, you can stay there. If it doesn't, you can't.
Simple.
There are not many for 5 with none in the group under 3 yo

Anyone there currently that might have info on the new bus routes that go to the water parks?

When the release came out, it only mentioned the south bus stop at Riverside for the water parks, but some speculated that there might be a stop at FQ as well.

Anyone there currently that might have info on the new bus routes that go to the water parks?

When the release came out, it only mentioned the south bus stop at Riverside for the water parks, but some speculated that there might be a stop at FQ as well.

You'll have to go to the South stop at POR.

Funny, we stayed at POP in December and were not offered this. I didn't even think to ask either until part way through the trip. Yet we were offered at CB and POR in the last year or so. I hope we are offered it this coming trip to POFQ, hey it's a meal!

Funny, we stayed at POP in December and were not offered this. I didn't even think to ask either until part way through the trip. Yet we were offered at CB and POR in the last year or so. I hope we are offered it this coming trip to POFQ, hey it's a meal!

Yeah, I don't know why they don't always willingly mention it. If they ever don't mention it just ask.

It's oddly random for whatever reason.
Some trips they mention it, some they've even called us on my cell to offer it.
Offered or not, just ask, you can always opt in.

Hubby and I just booked a last minute trip to POFQ, checking in on April 7. Woohoo, so excited. Question - do the pool chairs go quick? I know that we can use the pools at Riverside as well but was wondering how the chair situation is at FQ. Thanks.

We actually found some good chairs in the sun inside the kiddie area. It was just me and my wife and it was fine. There is a lot of water “noise” from all the play things in there so the kid noise wasn’t bad, it also drowned out the annoying pool game lady yelling into her microphone. It was very peaceful in there.

We checked in late last night and we were offered the opt out for housekeeping.

This was the first time I ever tried faxing a room request. I booked with a travel agent who could only book standard rooms, but in my fax I requested a 3rd floor river view - pixie dust was granted!

I don’t really know the details of this house keeping gift card thing. How much is the gift card? Can you still ask for like one house keeping visit in the middle of your stay?

You are given $10 for every night of your stay - minus 1. No, you cannot ask for like one housekeeping visit in the middle of your stay. You can ask for clean towels. We just take our own trash out to the can near the elevator but housekeeping will take out your trash.

Last edited:
Staying at FQ for the first time this August and really looking forward to it. One question I have is, Does FQ have dedicated buses to the parks or will we be sharing buses with Riverside? TIA

Staying at FQ for the first time this August and really looking forward to it. One question I have is, Does FQ have dedicated buses to the parks or will we be sharing buses with Riverside? TIA

Short answer; yes, they can share, but at busy times they have their own direct buses. The last time I was at FQ (last year) we never shared a bus. Here's a bunch of good bus info on Andre's page; Port Bus Info.

Is there a Hidden Mickey Hunt or a guide to Hidden Mickeys at POFQ?

They have a scavenger hunt for different music notes with clues based on different Disney films. Just ask for a sheet at Guest Services. You fill in the sheet with the location and film for each of the notes and bring it back for a small prize. We received buttons saying we played the game. You can take as long as you like to complete the hunt. We did so over the course of our stay.

Just wanted to update - there is a bus that goes directly to the water park from French Quarter. No need to walk over to Riverside. It goes to FQ first and then picks up at Riverside.

Great, thanks for that. I assumed they would be running a combined service from 17 March, but Disney's press release was a bit muddled on that subject (what's new there?). I assume the return trip is the same bus, so it would drop at FQ first and then Riverside South?

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter