Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks Andre! Not what I wanted to hear, but apreciate the info! Probably not the room request to make if we want to come back for resting in the afternoons.
I'd say if the location of building 3 is better for you it might be worth requesting. If they haven't finished any floors, obviously you won't get it, but if they reopen the third floor I don't think you'll find it disruptive. We were back in the room for a toddler nap nearly every afternoon and heard no construction noise--they were basically just painting, and the work was all below us. There was also very low occupancy in the building as a whole, so it was super calm and quiet.

Any updates on if building 2 is completely finished or not yet? Also, which other buildings have they started on? Is it only building 3?

We just got back from POFQ last night and had a refurbished room in Building 2 on the third floor facing the main courtyard before the pool.
It was very, very nice!
I did put a request in for Building 2 and was so happy they accommodated it! It was a wonderful location as well.
The room was super clean/fresh and pristine and the changes are lovely. I love, love the floor instead of the ick carpet. Very subtle and perfectly fit into the charm and elegance of the resort.
It's definitely not in your face Disney but I feel they made it a very nice room for a moderate resort.
My DD and I were there for Princess Marathon Weekend and decorated the room with some Disney princess touches, so for people who say they want more Disney that's always an option. They got rid of the wood blinds and replaced them with a more sheer curtain so it makes window decorating more easy.

As far as an update on the refurb status, they were putting the final touches on the first floor of building 2 and it looks like they will open those rooms at any moment now. The first section of Building 3 closest to the main lobby is currently being worked on, and it looks like all three floors are being done at the same time... at least definitely floors 3 and 2.

Finally, I have to say this... I can't speak highly enough of the management and CMs at POFQ. To me, it is the lovliest of all resorts as far as them making you feel like a special guest instead of a number checking in. We have recently stayed at the Polynesian and Pop Century as well, so all levels of resorts, and POFQ rises head and shoulders about how they treat their guests. I love several resorts for different reasons, but here, they make me feel like a valued *person* and it THAT'S what made our trip magical.

So, I realized we won't be in a refurbished room (I actually requested building 4 for multiple reasons). Er... how bad are the non-refurbished rooms?

So, I realized we won't be in a refurbished room (I actually requested building 4 for multiple reasons). Er... how bad are the non-refurbished rooms?

We stayed in building 4 in January. It is an awesome location!
The rooms are definitely showing wear... the furniture is somewhat dinged up and the fabric on the chairs is a little worn/stained as well as the carpet. BUT... everything else was very clean (especially the bathroom which is really important to us...) and in good working order. We felt the beds were still comfortable. We were happy with our room! My biggest complaint is that there are so few plugs for all the electronics we all use these days. The new rooms are so much better in this way with so many plugs and usb ports. I would not hesitate to stay at POFQ in a non-refurbished room.

Thanks for the updates! Checking in on Monday and I’m hoping ground floor of building 2 will be available!

Not bad at all! I stayed in building 7 this week, and the only thing I really noticed was that the walls need to be painted to cover scuffs (likely from luggage).

First stay and FQ was amazing! I had a river view room, which was a little farther to the main building, but what a view! I wish I had more than one night there. I may consider more of a split stay in the future.

I think we’re finally going to take the plunge and book POFQ for our Feb 2019 stay! We’ve wanted to stay in the past but since they’re never any discounts always end up at another resort. We will be traveling with a 8/9mo old during our stay. If we opt for a king bed room will there be room for a pack n play for baby?

I think we’re finally going to take the plunge and book POFQ for our Feb 2019 stay! We’ve wanted to stay in the past but since they’re never any discounts always end up at another resort. We will be traveling with a 8/9mo old during our stay. If we opt for a king bed room will there be room for a pack n play for baby?
You won't be disappointed! Plenty of room for the pack n play.

I have a reservation for May 12-17 already. Is there any way I can now request a refurbished room?

I have a reservation for May 12-17 already. Is there any way I can now request a refurbished room?
A few days before your reservation send a fax to 407-934-5353 saying you would like a refurbished room.

Definitely. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add a request to your reservation of a refurbished room. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Just got back yesterday. POFQ was nice (but not my favorite resort we’ve stayed at). We were in building 6 with river view room. Amazing view and beautiful walk to food court. We had to extend due to bad weather that hit PA on Friday and were moved to building 1. Let me just say that building 6 is SO MUCH NICER than building 1 but it was for one night so we got over it.

All of building 3 looked like it was closed to guests because it’s getting updated but I could be wrong.

Food court was small but we only ate Mickey waffles, pizza, and snacks there. We liked the gift shop. The CMs at FQ were very helpful. We had a lot of issues like magic bands not working, no room until almost 6pm check in day, and booking the additional room so they were helpful.

Would we stay here again? Most likely. But we like to try different resorts so it might not be for a few more years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter