Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

So someone mentioned Touring Plans can fax it out (I honestly had no idea) and I have that, so I went there and configured it. This is what they had on their customize page and what I put for mine. I will have to update you closer to Thanksgiving whether or not it worked!! Everything below was automated except the bit under "Additional Special Requests," and i'm not even really sure I did that right, I just wanted to seem like a human. This is all new to me - never did this on our trips before!

Name: (Name on Reservation)
Reservation #: ########
Check In: (Date)
Nights: (Number)
Contact Me at: (Reservation Email)

Dear Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter,

For our upcoming stay, we'd like to request this type of room:

Bldg 4,Flr 3,NE-facing room.Exmple:4335,4334,4342

Additional Special Requests:

Hello! We would really love a corner room on the third floor. 4335 seems great! Building 4 would be ideal as one of our party has a mobility limitation and the proximity to transportation would be very helpful. Our reservation is for a garden view room. Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely, (Name on Reservation)

I've used TP faxing service every trip for many years...sometimes it helps and often it doesn't. It all depends on what is available when the room scheduler determines your room. I also have my TA put my rooms requests on my reservation. And, (when it's working), use the online checkin room requests. These should all show pretty much the same requests.

The best way to word a request is in general terms. For instance, my last trip, I stayed at the Beach Club (love that place!!!) and really wanted a room overlooking the woods, with a balcony for sitting. I know that only about 50% Beach Club rooms have full balconies, so I requested: Ground Floor (they ALL have patios), woods view, close to quiet pool. I did select a specific room using the TP room views, but I knew the odds of getting THAT specific room were pretty small. I got a room in the vicinity of that room, but not THAT room. But it was great!

Describe what you want, and put your most important request first, followed by your other request in order of importance to you.

Remember that the scheduler has to be able to look over the course of your whole trip, so it might be that your perfect room is already occupied when you arrive. It's better to just let them know your request types, rather than specific room numbers, so that if that specific room is already occupied, they can try to accommodate you based on your needs.

So in your case above, I think your most important request is "close to transportation," right? I would word it like this: Close to transportation due to mobility issues, third floor, corner room. Remember there are only 4 corner rooms per floor, plus they are mostly KING beds, and are not GARDEN room types. - so if that is more important than being on a specific floor, put that second. If being close to the elevator is important, work that in too.

Good luck!

I've used TP faxing service every trip for many years...sometimes it helps and often it doesn't. It all depends on what is available when the room scheduler determines your room. I also have my TA put my rooms requests on my reservation. And, (when it's working), use the online checkin room requests. These should all show pretty much the same requests.

The best way to word a request is in general terms. For instance, my last trip, I stayed at the Beach Club (love that place!!!) and really wanted a room overlooking the woods, with a balcony for sitting. I know that only about 50% Beach Club rooms have full balconies, so I requested: Ground Floor (they ALL have patios), woods view, close to quiet pool. I did select a specific room using the TP room views, but I knew the odds of getting THAT specific room were pretty small. I got a room in the vicinity of that room, but not THAT room. But it was great!

Describe what you want, and put your most important request first, followed by your other request in order of importance to you.

Remember that the scheduler has to be able to look over the course of your whole trip, so it might be that your perfect room is already occupied when you arrive. It's better to just let them know your request types, rather than specific room numbers, so that if that specific room is already occupied, they can try to accommodate you based on your needs.

So in your case above, I think your most important request is "close to transportation," right? I would word it like this: Close to transportation due to mobility issues, third floor, corner room. Remember there are only 4 corner rooms per floor, plus they are mostly KING beds, and are not GARDEN room types. - so if that is more important than being on a specific floor, put that second. If being close to the elevator is important, work that in too.

Good luck!
I used touring plans fax the past two years. The first year we stayed at GF and our room was real close to the one that I requested in the fax. This year was the Poly and the room fax did not work for us, we wanted ground floor and we got 3rd.

Just changed my Feb vacation to stay here! It was the best compromise between my originally intended AKL and my first change AoA. :)

Do they sell cases of water at POFQ? I think instead using garden grocer this coming trip we will just buy a few things at the resort.

Taking a break from getting the house ready and finishing the laundry for our drive to FQ tomorrow:jumping1:
Cannot wait to get away from work, DD's school, after school curriculum's etc. and just enjoy FQ and WDW, even if it's crowded:)

Just back from a 7 nights stay at our happy place. No real problems. Housekeeping didn't do our room on the last day ( if it had been earlier in the trip I would have called but I will pass the info on in an email if we get no survey). Otherwise it seems to have been done between 1:00 & 3:00 . As far as the buses we had 4 park days & each day there was a CM at the depot during the morning rush lining people up so she/he could tell who was going where and if another bus was needed. The only long wait was 20 minutes for an Epcot bus. We left the parks early afternoon so I don't know what they were like at night.
Our room was in building 2 riverview and we got a corner :cool1:. It was ready around 3:15. Room was fine. Our only issue was the lady next door who decided to talk on her phone (using the speaker so we got both sides of the conversation) 2 nights after midnight. On our last night when we needed to be up before 6:00am , she was chatting away at 1:00am. DH (who is usually very easy going) had to go outside & asked her to be quiet. She was still chatting at 1:20 so he again put his head outside and she finally got the message .
We ate breakfast at the foodcourt every morning except for one. I miss the old create your own yogurt parfait. It was our 1st visit since the redo. No problems with the new decor and it is much brighter. I don't think the design team spent much time during the rush hour before they went to work. The bottleneck at the cash registers is still there , they moved the bakery to the middle so the beignets line is no longer off to the side but in the middle near the grab and go case ( which needs to be bigger ). The breakfast food was good , we give thumbs up for the breakfast ham, much better than the sausage . The french toast is good but it is coated in cinnamon sugar so it is on the sweet side.
The boat service to DS worked very well. After 4:30 the sharing with POR stopped and they had a "pirate" boat that appeared to be covering overflows.
The resort was decorated for Christmas overnight on night five which was great usually during our November trips they were putting things up as we were taking our luggage to RAC. Looking forward to seeing the redone rooms .

Reactions: DLo
Since our stay the first week of October, I’ve been thinking about the amazing smell in the lobby! I need some for my house to remind me of our trip. Does anyone know what it is or anything close to it???

We will be checking in tomorrow, very excited to be back at FQ and Disney! We have been many times so the crowds are just part of the trip, we are not to concerned. I am more concerned about the rainy weather the next several days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!