Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to hear food choices/quality isn’t the same. We don’t eat much at food court, maybe 1-2 times as we bring breakfast bars for breakfast and usually in parks most of the day.

I don’t see the artisanal pizzas on the menu anymore. That was a welcome addition. Other than that I really love the entrees at Pop. I prefer the offerings at Pop over the other food courts.

"I had a meatloaf platter last fall that was a pleasant surprise. They do have Dole Whip in the dessert area now, apparently. Hard to go too wrong with that."

LOL. I coudn't agree more!

Hello! Just joined the Forum after lurking for ages. My 6 yo daughter and I are staying at POP in 26 days and appreciate all the tips you guys are posting! What time do you get the bus for HS to make it there by opening? (9am the day we are going). There aren't any FP for Slinky Dog Dash so we're going to try to book it there as fast as possible in the morning (will that even make a difference?). Thanks everyone! :duck::thanks::mickeyjum

Maybe try for a breakfast in the park early, like H&V to get into the park before it opens and then head to toy story land and be one of the first there!

Does anyone know if they have a hidden mickey scavenger hunt at Pop? Weve done the one at WL, but was hoping to stay at our resort for the day.

Maybe try for a breakfast in the park early, like H&V to get into the park before it opens and then head to toy story land and be one of the first there!
I've heard this isn't a good option as H&V is before the RD line so you'd race through breakfast and pay $$$ only to end up behind many people. Also, since RD is proving to happen around 8:45, that's not a lot of time to eat, visit with the characters and get into line.

BoG works at MK for a few reasons.
1. you're ahead of the RD people
2. RD at MK is a true 9:00 RD, not 8:45 as DHS seems to be right now and
3. There aren't any characters to visit with at BoG

I’m gonna try for a bog breakfast before opening..... I heard you can use your snack credit for the cupcake so that’s what we’re planning on having for breakfast and then hoping to get in line before rope droppers 7dmt

I’m gonna try for a bog breakfast before opening..... I heard you can use your snack credit for the cupcake so that’s what we’re planning on having for breakfast and then hoping to get in line before rope droppers 7dmt
Not sure about the snack option as we've never tried that. We get 1 breakfast and share it as it's plenty of food for the 2 of us and gives us a good start to the day.

Just a heads up that I've heard any BoG reservation before 9am will allow you to be seated when you arrive so we always aim to be at the park by 7:45 regardless of our reservation time. Lately they don't seem to be moving the BoG line into the SDMT line until close to 9am so we've only ever gotten 1 ride in before the other park guests arrive.

I'm pretty sure breakfast has switched to prix fixe, so your plan most likely won't work. Maybe ask on the restaurants board just to be sure.

I'm pretty sure breakfast has switched to prix fixe, so your plan most likely won't work. Maybe ask on the restaurants board just to be sure.
Yes I’ve checked everyone says you can just go in and even only order coffee if you want. I’ve only had two people confirm that you can do the cupcake as a snack credit......I figure if we get there and it’s not a snack credit I’ll just order a drink........ but I’m actually looking forward to all of us eating cupcakes for breakfast, I mean it is vacation LOL

I had a meatloaf platter last fall that was a pleasant surprise. They do have Dole Whip in the dessert area now, apparently. Hard to go too wrong with that.
The turkey, mashed potatoes and green beans were delicious as well. :)
In the past, we’ve found some of the entrees way too salty, but they seemed to tone down the salt in the entrees during our last trip.

I had the salmon last October. It was absolutely delish. Anyone know if the chicken fried chicken is still at breakfast? That is always my go-to breakfast! Yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter