Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm generally pretty good at navigating Disney transportation times but it's been a long time since my last stay at Pop, and back then we were on the curb for the first bus out with the rest of the RD crowd. I'm not sure I trust reviews about how infrequent/ crowded the busses are because that doesn't seem to be the consensus here. I figure it's best to just ask the experts at this point.

To be at a park for roughly 8:30/ 8:45 (through bag check, tapped in, not to RD anything) is it safe to line up for a bus at 8 or should I plan for more like 7:30?

To get to a 9 AM Chef Mickey ADR is lining up at 7:30 for a bus to MK (and then walking over to Contemporary) safe, or should I push that earlier? DH is considering a Minnie Van so we can leave later but I don't know that I see a point as our toddler provides a 6 AM wake-up call daily :rolleyes2 and we have to drop our bags with bell services that day (we move to SSR that night).

I'm generally pretty good at navigating Disney transportation times but it's been a long time since my last stay at Pop, and back then we were on the curb for the first bus out with the rest of the RD crowd. I'm not sure I trust reviews about how infrequent/ crowded the busses are because that doesn't seem to be the consensus here. I figure it's best to just ask the experts at this point.

To be at a park for roughly 8:30/ 8:45 (through bag check, tapped in, not to RD anything) is it safe to line up for a bus at 8 or should I plan for more like 7:30?

To get to a 9 AM Chef Mickey ADR is lining up at 7:30 for a bus to MK (and then walking over to Contemporary) safe, or should I push that earlier? DH is considering a Minnie Van so we can leave later but I don't know that I see a point as our toddler provides a 6 AM wake-up call daily :rolleyes2 and we have to drop our bags with bell services that day (we move to SSR that night).
I think in the scenario you’re describing to be in the park by 8:30/8:45 I would be at the bus stop by 7:30 or 7:45. Something to consider is that different parks are different distances from Pop. DHS snd Epcot are 6-7 min bus rides whereas MK is 16-18 mins. AK is somewhere in the middle. If you arrive at any park within 15-30 mins of park opening you’re arriving with many others which will add time to bag check, tap stiles, etc.

For your Chef Mickey’s ADR I think your plan to be at the bus at 7:30 is perfect timing.

I think in the scenario you’re describing to be in the park by 8:30/8:45 I would be at the bus stop by 7:30 or 7:45. Something to consider is that different parks are different distances from Pop. DHS snd Epcot are 6-7 min bus rides whereas MK is 16-18 mins. AK is somewhere in the middle. If you arrive at any park within 15-30 mins of park opening you’re arriving with many others which will add time to bag check, tap stiles, etc.

For your Chef Mickey’s ADR I think your plan to be at the bus at 7:30 is perfect timing.

Great! Thanks! That was in line with our experience with BCV and POR last year as well. We found that being lined up for a bus by 7:30 got us where we needed to go just in time to miss that "post RD, pre- actual opening time" rush). I'll plan to do the same this time around.

Has Everything POP made any menu changes or introduced any new snacks lately? I feel like compared to the treats I keep seeing at the All Stars, they need to step up their game!

Has Everything POP made any menu changes or introduced any new snacks lately? I feel like compared to the treats I keep seeing at the All Stars, they need to step up their game!
Well, they got rid of the Benedict Burger and everything else "unique" at the Grill shop just a couple days before I visited at the beginning of February. That was a disappointing start to the trip.

I would love to see Pop do a complete overhaul on their food court!! They've done so much to improve the rest of the resort that the food court (and check in desks) really are the next thing that could use a complete re-do. Our food court is so out of date compared to the others.

I'm not sure what they would do on a temporary basis as Pop is running at close to capacity so that's a lot of people to feed but I do think it's something that is hopefully in the works behind the scenes.

I would love to see Pop do a complete overhaul on their food court!! They've done so much to improve the rest of the resort that the food court (and check in desks) really are the next thing that could use a complete re-do. Our food court is so out of date compared to the others.

I'm not sure what they would do on a temporary basis as Pop is running at close to capacity so that's a lot of people to feed but I do think it's something that is hopefully in the works behind the scenes.

And if they could isolate it from the store so you can access the soda fountains 24 hours, that would be great.

And if they could isolate it from the store so you can access the soda fountains 24 hours, that would be great.
They recently refurbished the Food Courts at the All Stars. Do you know if this is the way it was done there? I'm guessing if/when they refurbish Pop they will follow a similar structure.

Unfortunately just don't see them doing that-they would have to put in a wall in between the shop and the Food Court.

Only other option would be place a Cast Member at the Food Court entrance to the shop all night-don't see them doing that either.

Definitely one big advantage the All-Star Resort has over Pop Century and Art of Animation.

What hours can you refill the mugs? We will have them in October when we are on the dining plan (first time in 5 years) so it's not something I really thought about until I just read this. TIA.

Gah!! One more day!! So excited for our first stay at POP! This whole trip even, as short as it is, is going to be amazing! My daughter is going down with the band and we are going too but flying. We'll be beating them down there by almost 24 hours. But I know I'm going to be having major tears seeing her march down Main Street!! :)

Gah!! One more day!! So excited for our first stay at POP! This whole trip even, as short as it is, is going to be amazing! My daughter is going down with the band and we are going too but flying. We'll be beating them down there by almost 24 hours. But I know I'm going to be having major tears seeing her march down Main Street!! :)
Lol...I'm having tears just thinking of it and she isnt even my kid :) once a mom, always a mom!

Shucks. I have never met you and tears are filling MY eyes!

Have fun. Smell the roses.

So, I've been a Popper for about 10 years now but just learned (from this thread) about the scavenger hunt!!!! I wonder what else I'm missing? I've done The Twist in the food court in the morning and The Hustle in the lobby. My kids love the poolside activities (I miss the Big Wheel races) as well as movies under the stars and the s'mores. Are there any other cool things I'm missing?

Well, they got rid of the Benedict Burger and everything else "unique" at the Grill shop just a couple days before I visited at the beginning of February. That was a disappointing start to the trip.

Man, it would be super fun to see a food truck or two parked at Pop during the busier seasons. Add a little variety to the food and split things up a bit, and super easy to fit in with the theme of the resort.

It probably would be a bit of a nightmare if they ever redo the food court. The food trucks would be really cool! I don’t really mind the decor as long as it’s clean, but it sure would be nice if they brought back the TV dinners or got some fun desserts like the other resorts have. Last trip, I got so bored with the choices, and none of the desserts were worth the calories.

Last edited:
Man, it would be super fun to see a food truck or two parked at Pop during the busier seasons. Add a little variety to the food and split things up a bit, and super easy to fit in with the theme of the resort.

Food trucks during peak seasons would be great! Definitely would fit the theming. Room near each of the pools too.

Going in 30 days! This will be my second time at Pop, so excited to experience it again!

Wish that Benedict burger didn’t disappear though...
Is the tie dye cheese cake still there?

Sad to hear food choices/quality isn’t the same. We don’t eat much at food court, maybe 1-2 times as we bring breakfast bars for breakfast and usually in parks most of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter