Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Tink! So another stupid question about the mugs. If we purchase one, we can use that for coffee, soda, etc? Do you purchase the mugs at the food court?

Yes, you can use for coffee, hot chocolate, hot tea, soda, lemonade, iced tea. You purchase it at the food court and you can use it at ANY resort QS, not just at the resort where you purchase it. The first post on this thread has a nice FAQ with lots of other details: https://www.disboards.com/threads/refillable-mug-faq-new.3437666/

I feel like I've seen this before but I searched and couldn't find it - does anyone know what brand of pillows are in the refurbed rooms? I woke up in the middle of the night last night, adjusted my pillow and thought how much I needed one of those! I've had the best sleep ever at Pop last month.

I feel like I've seen this before but I searched and couldn't find it - does anyone know what brand of pillows are in the refurbed rooms? I woke up in the middle of the night last night, adjusted my pillow and thought how much I needed one of those! I've had the best sleep ever at Pop last month.
Oh I hear ya!!

They are Sobella made by Sobel Westex. RN#71273-2662-17-2.

I ordered one as soon as I got home!!

I will say they appear to come in firm and soft although I did not see that option online when I ordered. The pillow I received was firm and VERY plump!! I decided to persevere and am so glad I did. It took a couple of weeks for it to loosen up to the point where I was sleeping comfortably but that was in March and I’ve never looked back. Most comfortable pillow I’ve ever owned!!

If i were to order again I would try calling them to see if there is an option between soft and firm.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Oh I hear ya!!

They are Sobella made by Sobel Westex. RN#71723-2662-17-2.

I will say they appear to come in firm and soft although I did not see that option online when I ordered. The pillow I received was firm and VERY plump!! I decided to persevere and am so glad I did. It took a couple of weeks for it to loosen up to the point where I was sleeping comfortably but that was in March and I’ve never looked back. Most comfortable pillow I’ve ever owned!!

If i were to order again I would try calling them to see if there is an option between soft and firm.

Enjoy!

Yay thank you!!

On their website I see the Sobella and the Sobella Supremo. Do you know which it is? I couldn't find it by that number.

Oh I hear ya!!

They are Sobella made by Sobel Westex. RN#71723-2662-17-2.

Enjoy!
Thanks! I have been wondering about this also. I am going to order one. I love the pillows at Pop Century. So comfortable!!

If you order from Prime Now, or an equivalent, does it get delivered to bell services at Pop?
Well after last years fiasco with our box at the AKL we just decide to forget the entire prime ordering this year. We got a great deal at the deluxe but decide to go back with the free dining. My daughter is beyond excited to go back to pop after two years in a deluxe. I prefer pop anyway.

Well after last years fiasco with our box at the AKL we just decide to forget the entire prime ordering this year. We got a great deal at the deluxe but decide to go back with the free dining. My daughter is beyond excited to go back to pop after two years in a deluxe. I prefer pop anyway.
We had a box fiasco at Pop Century last November, one we had shipped from home. It was found eventually, but by that time we had re-ordered everything that was in the box from Amazon Prime Now (Prime Now is like grocery delivery). It was a costly mess. Usually we take Southwest and can bring an extra bag with the things we ended up shipping, but that trip we were on United for some reason as shipped to save money. In the end it cost more to ship plus then replace everything than it would have if I’d just paid the $35 fee to check a second piece of luggage. It’s Southwest from now on for us!

I’ve had the opposite situation with a package sent to Pop. I had ordered from a company and it was delivered to Pop for our September 2017 trip. Unfortunately we had to cancel less than 24 hours prior to our arrival due to Irma. We lost our FD (but Disney refunded 100% of our money) and rescheduled for Jan.

After a rough few days cancelling and rescheduling everything the only loose end was our package at Pop. It took a lot of begging and (more) tears but they eventually agreed to hold it until Jan. (We are in Canada so some companies do not ship here or charge a fortune to do so.)

Long story short, as we were checking in late Jan 2018 the CM said she had a package for us and retrieved it in a couple of minutes even though it had been there for 4 months!

Thank-you for the quick responses!:worship:

Do you know how much the you receive for opting out of housekeeping and do you just let the front desk know at check in? We are staying 10 days in August and we always make our beds and clean up, so I'd rather just get an incentive for opting out if available. Thanks for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter