Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you dansdad!!!! I remember when we did the Disney cruise, I was on the DIS board all the time for the 16 months it took for us to book and then cruise. We've been to Disneyworld several times, but this will be a first for us to stay on site :yay::yay:

You're welcome. Have an awesome trip!

Can anyone tell me if there is a lot of gondola construction noise in a lakeview room in bldg 4 or 5? Traveling with my mom & she comes back to the room during the heat of the day to rest & im slightly worried they will keep her up if she is wanting to nap. TIA!
I'm going to change my answer to this, because we've been hearing a little construction sound after all. It depends a lot on what they are working on. I never find it to bother me, it's background noise and not particularly loud. If your mom is sensitive to noises when trying to nap, though, I would pack ear plugs, or some kind of noise machine. I only noticed the noise when our room was quiet, not when the TV was l on, for example.

We will be arriving the week before Christmas and I requested the 50's area. Now I'm second guessing because we definitely want a remodeled room. Do I need to worry that area won't be completed by then?

My favorite building that is close to parking and Classic Hall is building 1 in the 50s. That building is currently being renovated with the new rooms, so getting a new room with a shower only depends upon when your trip is.

This is exactly what we would like due to disabilities/walking difficulty in my family. Thanks so much for the info!

We will be arriving the week before Christmas and I requested the 50's area. Now I'm second guessing because we definitely want a remodeled room. Do I need to worry that area won't be completed by then?
barring something going very wrong, you will be just fine by Christmas. There is only 1 building left to do and it’s only May now. All should be open by Christmas for sure.

I'm going to change my answer to this, because we've been hearing a little construction sound after all. It depends a lot on what they are working on. I never find it to bother me, it's background noise and not particularly loud. If your mom is sensitive to noises when trying to nap, though, I would pack ear plugs, or some kind of noise machine. I only noticed the noise when our room was quiet, not when the TV was l on, for example.

Ok I think she usually brings earplugs anyways so I will probably just let her know beforehand to make sure & grab them.
I appreciate the follow up!

Agreed. And it's very possible that the people who got off the buses and went straight to their cars were actually guests of the resort. Some folks drive to the front of the resort from other areas of Pop so that they don't have a walk when they return from the parks.

Plus people may eat breakfast/lunch/dinner at other resorts, and then take the bus to the park from that resort, so they will have to retrieve their car at the end of the day at take it back to their own resort. I know when we vacation we like to avoid driving as much as possible because we drive so, so much day to day. So since you cannot take a bus from directly from one resort to another, we'd drive to the meal resort, but not necessarily wish to actually drive to the park since there are buses available. (Plus, with a rental that saves on mileage & gas.)

Question about where the buses from pop drop you off at parks.
Are the deluxe drop offs closer to the gate and the values furthest away?
And same from parks back to pop?
Thanks

Thanks

Pretty much that is true. Pop is usually pretty far away. They are at the very back at MK. There is some variation about closest and farthest bus stops st the park but deluxe is usually closest and value farthest away unfortunately.

Thanks
Drop off can vary but pick up is often furthest away. In the MK they are far away as they need to use the loops built for the articulated buses which only the value resorts use. Disney Springs is also a long way away. I think the only one that might not be far away is AK but I’m not pisitive about that.

Just arrived and checked in this evening. As we walked into Classic Hall we got to meet Mickey in his beach gear and then Minnie a little while later. Awesome way to start the trip! We are in building 4 by the lake. Nice location and a great renovated room! Everything is super clean. We had requested 90s but it’s not really a big deal.

is it the same day every month?
I don't "think" so-it is part of the "Fun In The Sun" Party.:)

The time will be listed in the Recreation Calendar.:)

Courtesy of Character Locator
pop_recreation_Page_1.jpg

Me and my daughter have Pop booked. I really do not want a King room. I am worried because t is just the two of us, they might give us a king or do they tend to give king rooms to couples?
Thoughts?

Me and my daughter have Pop booked. I really do not want a King room. I am worried because t is just the two of us, they might give us a king or do they tend to give king rooms to couples?
Thoughts?
I've been twice as two adult none couple people staying in one room and both times I got 2 queens not a king. I think king rooms are requested or booked up enough that people who don't request them don't get them.

Mom and I are at POP in October. I have a VERY bad knee and would like to limit the walking to the room after a long day at the parks, as much as possible. I could actually use a WC if it gets really bad, but what building would be best. I don't think I could do the steps if i even wanted to at the end of the day. What do you all think I should "request"?

TYIA

Thoughts?
Agree with @ellbell about the king rooms. I think they are in such high demand that if you don’t request it, your chances of getting one are quite slim. My daughter and I have stayed at Pop several times the past few years (pre- and post-refurbishment), and we’ve never had a king room. The only resort, in fact, where this has ever happened to us was the Poly.

If you are going to make it a room request, I would advise saying “two queen beds” over “no king bed”. The logic behind it is that these requests are often read in a hurry and negatives are often misread as affirmatives. The only time I specified we didn’t want a particular location (“not near the stairs”), that’s exactly where we ended up! Maybe we would have ended up there anyway, but I think my request had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter