Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed down in 2 weeks!!! We’re beyond excited, we’ve had a lot going on the last six months and are in desperate need of a vacation!

Question regarding the studio villas: I know we don’t get mousekeeping until day 4, but will we be able to get additional toiletries, coffee or plates is needed before then? This is our first DVC stay so we’ve got some new things to learn! (And I may have asked this before but honestly can’t remember if I have! :o)

In our experience, if towels were replaced then so were supplies. After our first stay, we have always opted for towel service so everything is replaced daily. We go through a lot of towels. :rolleyes1

I will say Poly has been hit or miss with added towel service. Again in our experience, the dedicated DVCs (VGF and BLT) had no issues adding daily towel service. I guess because Poly is a resort / DVC hybrid, they seem to have issues. Last April, the CM at the front desk didn’t even know what I was taking about. She had to call a supervisor. o_O

Question regarding the studio villas: I know we don’t get mousekeeping until day 4, but will we be able to get additional toiletries, coffee or plates is needed before then? This is our first DVC stay so we’ve got some new things to learn! (And I may have asked this before but honestly can’t remember if I have! :o)

For additional toiletries and coffee, you'll get charged for any additional (Just bring your own or buy bigger bottles from the gift shops). To get more plates, just call and more should be brought. FYI, there is only paper plates in the studios.

In our experience, if towels were replaced then so were supplies. After our first stay, we have always opted for towel service so everything is replaced daily. We go through a lot of towels. :rolleyes1

I will say Poly has been hit or miss with added towel service. Again in our experience, the dedicated DVCs (VGF and BLT) had no issues adding daily towel service. I guess because Poly is a resort / DVC hybrid, they seem to have issues. Last April, the CM at the front desk didn’t even know what I was taking about. She had to call a supervisor. o_O

Yeah we may have to pay for the towel service also. I am ok reusing but DH isn’t so great about it...

I just thought of another question, can you order the twilight feast when staying in the villas?

For additional toiletries and coffee, you'll get charged for any additional (Just bring your own or buy bigger bottles from the gift shops). To get more plates, just call and more should be brought. FYI, there is only paper plates in the studios.

Got it, thanks! I think we’re going to drive so it won’t be an issue bringing extra just wanted to be prepared :thumbsup2

Yeah we may have to pay for the towel service also. I am ok reusing but DH isn’t so great about it...

I just thought of another question, can you order the twilight feast when staying in the villas?
Most definitely. We ordered our twilight feast about an hour before the MK fireworks and watched it from our LV balcony! We did have to microwave some of the items as it became lukewarm during the trek from the GCH.

That sounds amazing! I wish we had LV! We booked in September for our welcome home stay and all they could find for us was standard.

Most definitely. We ordered our twilight feast about an hour before the MK fireworks and watched it from our LV balcony! We did have to microwave some of the items as it became lukewarm during the trek from the GCH.

Ugh I can’t seem to insert a quote right today :laughing:

Headed down in 2 weeks!!! We’re beyond excited, we’ve had a lot going on the last six months and are in desperate need of a vacation!

Are you using points? If not, you should get mousekeeping every day.

A couple of questions about the Oasis pool: Do the cabanas come with lounge chairs as well as the couch and chairs? Some in my group will want sun and some shade. Also, are there any desserts available at the Oasis pool bar other than the malasadas (mickey bars, etc.)?
Are small pool floats and pool noodles available for purchase?
I didn't remember lounge chairs but I guess those are new. Nice to know we can rent a cabana at the Poly even though we are staying at BLT. The Oasis Bar has some great food and drinks and is a good use of a QS credit if you are on the dining plan.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Twilight Feast can be delivered to the pools? We asked the last time we were at the Poly but never received a definitive answer.

Another Twilight Feast question....I thought gratuities were added to cost of meal but are you still expected to tip when food is delivered? When we ordered the feast last summer the CM who delivered the meal definitely expected a tip.

I didn't remember lounge chairs but I guess those are new. Nice to know we can rent a cabana at the Poly even though we are staying at BLT. The Oasis Bar has some great food and drinks and is a good use of a QS credit if you are on the dining plan.

I’m confused....if you can’t pool hop between resorts how can you book a cabana? Is this only if you are staying in a villa?

I’m confused....if you can’t pool hop between resorts how can you book a cabana? Is this only if you are staying in a villa?
This really doesn't make sense to me either but that's what the cast member told me when I called and ordered the cabana at the Oasis pool in August (we are, by the way, staying at Poly). He said as long as you are staying a an official Disney Resort.

We had a fairly long discussion about this a week or two ago over on the GF thread (I think it was that one, might have been BC/YC or the CL one). According to more than one CM and the wording on the Disney website cabanas can be rented to anyone staying at any WDW resort. The new YC/BC ones, however, do not allow that and you have to be staying at the YC/BC to rent one of those. So apparently this is the only official way to be allowed to pool hop to the Poly, CR, and GF. I called the DSS myself and asked about it, and that’s what they read from their info and other people got the same info when they called. I don’t think it’s done often, but I guess since I didn’t know you could even do it until I called I could be wrong and it could be very popular:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter