Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokelau is near the Oasis pool, which has a drink station. I stayed there before DVC and it was an ideal location IMO. Quiet but not isolated, close to all but not busy!
Great thank you. And I the walk to TTC about the same distance as walking to the Poly monorail? I'd like to be smack in the middle and have a drink station close by. Sounds like Tokelau might just be perfect!!

I'm now debating on staying in Moorea due to the beautiful views of CR/MK. Has anyone stayed in Moorea and how do you like the location?

Man missing this place so much. Partly because I know we will never stay in a Bungalow ever again. Was an amazing week!

2018-11-27_07-48-48_476.jpg

Man missing this place so much. Partly because I know we will never stay in a Bungalow ever again. Was an amazing week!

2018-11-27_07-48-48_476.jpg
Looks amazing. How did your week go? Did you spend extra time at the resort to enjoy the bungalow? Trying to make a game plan for our trip to enjoy the most out of the resort but still spend enough time in the parks.

Looks amazing. How did your week go? Did you spend extra time at the resort to enjoy the bungalow? Trying to make a game plan for our trip to enjoy the most out of the resort but still spend enough time in the parks.

Our kids are young so we are almost always in the room for a few hours in the afternoon so they can rest up. Being in a bungalow just made it feel like we were at home. Wife and I usually had a mid afternoon beverage on the deck why the kids played and napped. Had a great time using my binoculars on the deck to check out all the action.

Kids love to play in the sand or in the little fake grass area near Captain Cooks and the Pineapple Lanai. Tried to catch a movie on the lawn but DD feel asleep in the stroller after getting ready to go!

We found with being so close to MK any time we had free time we just popped in there to walk around or do a quick ride.

Our kids are young so we are almost always in the room for a few hours in the afternoon so they can rest up. Being in a bungalow just made it feel like we were at home. Wife and I usually had a mid afternoon beverage on the deck why the kids played and napped. Had a great time using my binoculars on the deck to check out all the action.

Kids love to play in the sand or in the little fake grass area near Captain Cooks and the Pineapple Lanai. Tried to catch a movie on the lawn but DD feel asleep in the stroller after getting ready to go!

We found with being so close to MK any time we had free time we just popped in there to walk around or do a quick ride.
That’s exactly what I want us to do this time around. We’ve been so much but will first time staying on the monorail. I always say we will go rope drop and the. Come back for pool and naps and then head out again but never do. We just do all day in the parks. I always wonder how rushed we will be leaving the parks around noon and trying to swim/nap/shower and be back in the parks all before they close around 8:30/9. Did you find you had enough time in the parks? I am hoping to make the days we come back to enjoy the resort the days that have EMH that we won’t feel as bad leaving the parks! Can’t wait for the October 2019 park hours to come out. Such a long time away!

I'm now debating on staying in Moorea due to the beautiful views of CR/MK. Has anyone stayed in Moorea and how do you like the location?

Just curious, are you booking with DVC points or a cash villa reservation with Disney?

First timer at POLY! Last trip we were at AOA. So we are renting Dvc points & was wondering what type of room to request? Any info will be appreciated! Is ground floor better? We will have a double stroller.

First timer at POLY! Last trip we were at AOA. So we are renting Dvc points & was wondering what type of room to request? Any info will be appreciated! Is ground floor better? We will have a double stroller.
Hi. Not sure about ground floor and if you feel like taking the elevator but everyone on here has been so helpful and have said the best longhouse to request is tokelau for location. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

I'm looking for fragrance oils to attempt to make my own Poly inspired candles. Has anyone done this? I'm having a hard time getting the right oils. If anyone knows what type of fragrance(s) make up the lobby scent it would be very helpful!

We had issues with our room, but I loved the Tokelau location. Its essentially one building over from the Ceremonial House, so it was only about a couple minute walk there. It was also pretty close to the pathway to the TTC. It is right next to the Oasis pool, which is more relaxing. Also, we stayed on the second floor about two rooms to the right of the elevators and on the Oasis pool side and had a fairly decent view of the fireworks at night, which was a great for the kids.

Curious as to why no one has posted Christmas pictures at the Poly. I'm making an unexpected (and soon) visit and am excited to see it, as well as going over to the GF to sit in the lobby and take in it's beauty!

Curious as to why no one has posted Christmas pictures at the Poly. I'm making an unexpected (and soon) visit and am excited to see it, as well as going over to the GF to sit in the lobby and take in it's beauty!

I’m guessing because Poly’s tree is rather... dinky... relative to the other resorts. Hard to compare to GF’s lobby for sure!

Enjoy your unexpected trip, sounds fun!

I can't help with DVC rooms, but wanted to say congrats on your first Poly trip! The Poly is an amazing resort, hope you have a great time :wizard:.

I agree with GADisneyDad in that the Poly's tree/decorations aren't as amazing as other resorts (especially the GF); however, it is nice to walk through and see everything. Have a great time :santa:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter