Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. So sorry to hear about your misfortune on the road. Glad to hear you guys are safe and the only things ruined is material things that can be replaced. I really hope you have a great trip and that some Disney pixie dust is coming to you during your trip.
Thanks so much. Me too.

Well...unfortunately it all went to hell in Virginia. Our luggage careened off our roof rack landing on the highway and got caught underneath a box truck. After a car chase, we got the truck to pull over before it caught on fire. Our belongings were strewn all over the highway much of which was destroyed. With the help of state police who said to DH, “Sir, you cannot walk across the highway gathering your things, we got most of our clothes. We lost a lot, but by the grace of God, we didn’t have a car accident, my husband didn’t get hit by a car, and didn’t get arrested. We got all our medications replaced by a very kind pharmacist at CVS and picked up some toiletries. Last night at our hotel, we threw out everything that was ruined and saved what we could.

Bottom line: We are safe. We are on our way to WDW. DH and I will be celebrating 25 years of adventures, misadventures, triumphs, and tragedies. Our love continues to carry us through the good times and the bad times, for better and worse, for richer and poorer, in sickness and health as long as we both shall live.

I am so sorry! I'm glad everybody is safe and nobody got hurt and that all medications were replaced. I hope the rest of your travel is uneventful and you arrive at the Poly safely :flower3:.

Did you happen to catch HEA from your room at any point? While I have griped about Poly fireworks volume being too low in the past... at the moment it's crazy loud in front of the Hawaii building. Definitely towards the too loud/speaker distortion scale during parts of the show! :mic:

Although at the end of the day I'll take too loud over not loud enough when it comes to the fireworks.

Last time we were at the Poly, the speakers over towards the GF area, were just totally distorted. It's very aggravating to say the least. If that's the case next time, I will politely point it out to the manager. The loudness and distortion will truly give one a headache!

Well...unfortunately it all went to hell in Virginia. Our luggage careened off our roof rack landing on the highway and got caught underneath a box truck. After a car chase, we got the truck to pull over before it caught on fire. Our belongings were strewn all over the highway much of which was destroyed. With the help of state police who said to DH, “Sir, you cannot walk across the highway gathering your things, we got most of our clothes. We lost a lot, but by the grace of God, we didn’t have a car accident, my husband didn’t get hit by a car, and didn’t get arrested. We got all our medications replaced by a very kind pharmacist at CVS and picked up some toiletries. Last night at our hotel, we threw out everything that was ruined and saved what we could.

Bottom line: We are safe. We are on our way to WDW. DH and I will be celebrating 25 years of adventures, misadventures, triumphs, and tragedies. Our love continues to carry us through the good times and the bad times, for better and worse, for richer and poorer, in sickness and health as long as we both shall live.
Oh no, that is terrible and so scary. I’m so sorry for you guys and glad you are safe. Hopefully you will be here soon and can relax a bit after all that craziness!

Well, I let my DiL select the request for the longhouse for our standard room. Rather surprised she picked a beach/GF view in Fiji. as long as we get 3rd floor somewhere I’ll be ecstatic, If not, I’ll still be happy lol

Maybe someone with personal experience ordering it can chime in, but FWIW it's not listed as a separate dessert on the in-room dining menu. It is listed as part of the Twilight Feast. I am not sure if they are flexibile with that particular dessert? Menu accurate as of July 2018.

View attachment 337024

Hmmm, any idea on how much food is provided for one guest? Looked pretty substantial in older pics i’ve Found via search.

See the price is now $50+. Wondering if it’d be ample/shareable for 3 lite eaters or if they still offer a child’s portion we could add on to the adult one (used to be $20+).

We do have an O’hana dinner but it’s very early. Still trying to modify

Oh my goodness! At the very least you have a killer story out of it.

Last edited:
Thanks so much. We are in Jacksonville in traffic, but in a few hours, this long journey will be over and I will be back in the bubble.

Hope you arrived safely and are now enjoying the beautiful Poly :goodvibes.

Well, I let my DiL select the request for the longhouse for our standard room. Rather surprised she picked a beach/GF view in Fiji. as long as we get 3rd floor somewhere I’ll be ecstatic, If not, I’ll still be happy lol

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thanks. DH’s new nickname is Clark. Yesterday I cried a lot. Today we are beginning to laugh.

Oh gosh, I am so sorry about your ordeal! Glad you are all safe, no one was injured (or ticketed) and as long as Aunt Edna is still alive in the. Back seat things should be good from now on.

Thanks so much. We are in Jacksonville in traffic, but in a few hours, this long journey will be over and I will be back in the bubble.

Hope you arrived and are having a great time. We arrive on the 1st. Dreading packing!

Oh gosh, I am so sorry about your ordeal! Glad you are all safe, no one was injured (or ticketed) and as long as Aunt Edna is still alive in the. Back seat things should be good from now on.

Hope you arrived and are having a great time. We arrive on the 1st. Dreading packing!
There’s no sign of Aunt Edna, so...

We are great. We are just so happy to be here. I just cry and giggle a lot. This place gives me emotions that I just cannot put into words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!