Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

We will be taking ME in june and our flight arrives around 4.... Is there any way to keep luggage with me? We will only have one bag checked at airport.... hate to be without it for four hours.....

I think I just read that if I don't use yellow tags... I can claim my bag myself and get it when I get off the bus vs. waiting.. is that correct? If so, awesome!

Yes. If you don't put the yellow tags on your bags, then you'll need to claim them yourself, take them with you to DME, where they will be put on your bus and you'll collect them off the bus when you arrive at your resort.

Steve

We will be taking ME in june and our flight arrives around 4.... Is there any way to keep luggage with me? We will only have one bag checked at airport.... hate to be without it for four hours.....

I think I just read that if I don't use yellow tags... I can claim my bag myself and get it when I get off the bus vs. waiting.. is that correct? If so, awesome!
Don't use the yellow tags, claim bags just like any other flight for any non-Disney trip (do those exist? ;) )
Word of note here, MCO has 2 sides of baggage claim. ME is on one of them. It's a PITA if you arrive on the opposite to ME. Means you go down 2 levels to baggage claim, claim your bags, go back up 2 levels to ticketing level, cross it, then go back down 2 levels to other side baggage claim and walk down to ME area. It's not bad with 1 bag but depends on how much you have with you on the plane too.

Don't use the yellow tags, claim bags just like any other flight for any non-Disney trip (do those exist? ;) )
Word of note here, MCO has 2 sides of baggage claim. ME is on one of them. It's a PITA if you arrive on the opposite to ME. Means you go down 2 levels to baggage claim, claim your bags, go back up 2 levels to ticketing level, cross it, then go back down 2 levels to other side baggage claim and walk down to ME area. It's not bad with 1 bag but depends on how much you have with you on the plane too.
To elaborate....DME is located on Side B of MCO. Your airline will use either Side B or Side A. If your flight lands on Side B, no problem. Hop off the plane, take the tram to the main terminal (you're on level 3 at this point), look for the Side B signage...very big neon lettering up above, hard to miss!!. Go down to level 2, baggage claim, get your bags, and then continue down to level 1, ground transportation, go all the way to the end and you will find DME. Easy peasy. But, if you land on Side A, you will hop off the plane, take the tram to the main terminal. Then look for the Side A signage, and go down to level 2 to get your bags. Then, back up to level 3, main level, cross the terminal area to Side B (not a long walk, just a pain to dodge people), and down to level 1 with your bags.
Just a note....when bringing bags to the DME bus, the driver will expect a gratuity for baggage handling if he/she has to stow your bag(s) beneath the bus. So, be prepared.

To elaborate....DME is located on Side B of MCO. Your airline will use either Side B or Side A. If your flight lands on Side B, no problem. Hop off the plane, take the tram to the main terminal (you're on level 3 at this point), look for the Side B signage...very big neon lettering up above, hard to miss!!. Go down to level 2, baggage claim, get your bags, and then continue down to level 1, ground transportation, go all the way to the end and you will find DME. Easy peasy. But, if you land on Side A, you will hop off the plane, take the tram to the main terminal. Then look for the Side A signage, and go down to level 2 to get your bags. Then, back up to level 3, main level, cross the terminal area to Side B (not a long walk, just a pain to dodge people), and down to level 1 with your bags.
Just a note....when bringing bags to the DME bus, the driver will expect a gratuity for baggage handling if he/she has to stow your bag(s) beneath the bus. So, be prepared.
thank you for all that detail!! I am just so happy I can get my bag at the hotel vs. waiting all that time.!!

Does anyone have experience shipping golf clubs using the Magical Express? I plan on tagging my golf clubs, my only concern is that the clubs don't come out with regular luggage, they come out with the over sized luggage. Do I need to make a note of this or inform someone?
I’ve taken my clubs and used ME 1/2 a dozen times and never had an issue.

This is a slightly odd question. I am going for 4 weeks, all on-site. My nieces are flying as unaccompanied minors to stay with us for a few days part-way through our trip, and obviously I need to collect them from MCO as they are too young to make their own way to the hotel. They have their own reservation number so can, in theory, use DME, and I am listed on their reservation too, since it needed an adult. Is it possible for me to ride DME to the airport to collect them, and then ride DME back with them from MCO to the hotel (and the same in reverse when they leave)? The CM on the main reservation line told me no, but I wondered if anyone had done it? If there is a way to avoid having to pay for 4 taxi rides to get us to/from the airport, that would save me a lot of money.

Did you call the ME line or just the main Disney line? If you didn't call ME that is who I'd call. I can't imagine why they'd have a problem with it

Did you call the ME line or just the main Disney line? If you didn't call ME that is who I'd call. I can't imagine why they'd have a problem with it

I just called the main Disney line. Do you happen to know how to contact DME directly, please? I can’t find any information on how to do that, and I believe that I won’t get the luggage tags because I’m international (though my nieces are not).

If we wanted to grab breakfast after arriving at MCO, can we do that, or is there a set time frame to catch ME.

Take as much time as you like.

Even though you may have given them your arrival flights, DME doesn't care when you actually get on the bus. You're not assigned to a specific bus or time for the trip to the resort (unlike the trip back to MCO). DME is not waiting for you and they won't send out search parties if you don't show up.

No need to be concerned about it.

Steve

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer through search.

Quick Question: Do you have to use a "participating airline" heading to Disney World to use the luggage service, or will Disney pick it up as long as I have DME booked and the bag comes into MCO on the flight I give them?

Long Question: I'm planning my next Disney trip in January, but getting there will be a bit round about. My brother will be getting married in Key West, then I plan to leave right from there to go to Disney. So I'll be taking my usual airline JetBlue down to Tampa, then hopping a puddle jumper from Silver Airways to Key West for the wedding. When that weekend is over, I plan to take Silver from Key West to MCO since they do a nonstop, but I want to make sure that I can still get my checked bag picked up. So, do you have to use a "participating airline" coming into MCO heading to Disney? I know using RAC heading out won't be a problem as I will be flying home on JetBlue.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer through search.

Quick Question: Do you have to use a "participating airline" heading to Disney World to use the luggage service, or will Disney pick it up as long as I have ME booked and the bag comes into MCO on the flight I give them?

Long Question: I'm planning my next Disney trip in January, bu getting there will be a bit round about. My brother will be getting married in Key West, then I plan to leave right from there to go to Disney. So I'll be taking my usual airline JetBlue down to Tampa, then hopping a puddle jumper from Silver Airways to Key West for the wedding. When that weekend is over, I plan to take Silver from Key West to MCO since they do a nonstop, but I want to make sure that I can still get my checked bag picked up. So, do you have to use a "participating airline" coming into MCO heading to Disney? I know using RAC heading out won't be a problem as I will be flying home on JetBlue.

Any domestic flight arrival is eligible for DME. Bags with the yellow DME tags on them will be pulled at the airport and transported to your resort. If the bags don't have the yellows tags, they can still be collected by DME by giving the DME desk your baggage claim checks. They'll collect the bags from baggage claim and transport them to your resort.

The "participating airline" limitation is only for checking your bags at the resort on the way home.

Steve

Am I correct: my departure flight is at 2:30pm. If I have no checked bags, just carry-on, I will just go to the DME bus stop the time the DME paperwork tells me to? Which would be around 11:30am? I don’t have to do anything else?

I hope this is correct. That way I can have my room until check out time and just go to the bus stop. TIA

Am I correct: my departure flight is at 2:30pm. If I have no checked bags, just carry-on, I will just go to the DME bus stop the time the DME paperwork tells me to? Which would be around 11:30am? I don’t have to do anything else?

I hope this is correct. That way I can have my room until check out time and just go to the bus stop. TIA

I’m always at the Magical Express bus stop at least 15 minutes before the time listed on the paper.
Have a nice trip!

I’m always at the Magical Express bus stop at least 15 minutes before the time listed on the paper.
Have a nice trip!

Yes, you should be at the bus stop 15-20 minutes before your pickup time, because that's actually the time the bus leaves, not arrives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!