(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying at the villas for the first time this September. I am wondering what time we need to leave our rooms in order to make it for MK rope drop? About how little nw does monorail transport and boat transport take to/from MK.
For RD I use mono because A it's fast and B if you miss it another one will be there soon.

I use the boat to leave MK or to arrive midday because it's a relaxing ride.

If you miss the boat RD you will miss RD at MK. The 1st boat usually starts 30 mins prior to park opening so even if you catch it it still goes to poly then MK.

I will catch mono 8:30-40 because that gets me early enough. If have littles and need more time 8:15-35 may be better,

Now that they do security at the mono stop when you arrive to MK the lines are only for turnstiles and short for the most part. Also they let everyone into park to wait on main st so no need to HAVE TO arrive early but do so if up early and ready to go.

Last month dd and I stayed at BC and arriving to MK and having to wait in the long security bag check line, then another long line for the metal sector , then the turnstile line was also long ! We both said to each other "that's why we are mono people":flower1:

We are GF newbies with 30 days to go until we walk through the doors for the first time! We are staying RPC for the first night and then moving to a non CL GV room for our 6 night stay. We have the dining plan so hopefully moving from CL to non CL won’t be too noticeable.

We are just excited to finally going to DW that I’ll be excited no matter where I’m at. I grew up in SoCal so I’ve only ever been to Disneyland. It’s been a dream to one day visit DW and I couldn’t imagine a better way than to stay at the GF.

We are GF newbies with 30 days to go until we walk through the doors for the first time! We are staying RPC for the first night and then moving to a non CL GV room for our 6 night stay. We have the dining plan so hopefully moving from CL to non CL won’t be too noticeable.

We are just excited to finally going to DW that I’ll be excited no matter where I’m at. I grew up in SoCal so I’ve only ever been to Disneyland. It’s been a dream to one day visit DW and I couldn’t imagine a better way than to stay at the GF.

You’re going to love it! Have a great time!!!!

You will love it! The GF is a beautiful resort and RPC is an amazing CL! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Enjoy!

Hi, We will be staying in a garden view room in May, just wondering if there is a Keurig in the room. Also would love opinions on location. Specifically Big Pine Key vs Sago Key?

Hi, We will be staying in a garden view room in May, just wondering if there is a Keurig in the room. Also would love opinions on location. Specifically Big Pine Key vs Sago Key?

Yes to the Keurig and I love both those buildings too. Sago because its so close to Gasperilla's and the back way to the buses. I love BPK because its so close to the pools and the entrance to the main building. Honestly there isn't a bad building in the entire hotel, we've been in all of them and they all have pluses. Have a magical trip

We had that happen to us twice once at the GF and the other at the BC. Both times we were staying CL. Both times were also before online check in & magic bands.

This is one of the reasons I’ve stopped doing online check in. Mostly because we always have issues getting room notifications but also because when we do stay club level we never get a greeting and always have to figure it out ourselves. Don’t know if it’s just bad luck. Have a stay at BWI coming up in April and GF in May and we won’t use online check in for either. Hoping it is smoother this time.

This is one of the reasons I’ve stopped doing online check in. Mostly because we always have issues getting room notifications but also because when we do stay club level we never get a greeting and always have to figure it out ourselves. Don’t know if it’s just bad luck. Have a stay at BWI coming up in April and GF in May and we won’t use online check in for either. Hoping it is smoother this time.
Good to know. We ‘ve never used the the on line check in.

Since we are staying at GF I thought I would ask here to start. We are coming down in August and my In laws want to come for a few days. They have hotel points so they are going to stay off property. They want to come do everything with us though. Is it going to be an issue them parking at the resort and hanging out with us? Also on the days we visit the park I assume they would have to park at TTC and mono over right? I just want to make sure they are able to visit us at the GF and park for the day while we hang out there. We are staying CL, do they have to show a magic band to come into that building?

Since we are staying at GF I thought I would ask here to start. We are coming down in August and my In laws want to come for a few days. They have hotel points so they are going to stay off property. They want to come do everything with us though. Is it going to be an issue them parking at the resort and hanging out with us? Also on the days we visit the park I assume they would have to park at TTC and mono over right? I just want to make sure they are able to visit us at the GF and park for the day while we hang out there. We are staying CL, do they have to show a magic band to come into that building?

Many people have reported not being allowed into resort parking areas without a hotel or dining reservation, so I would not expect them to be able to park at GF. When we went to BC for an ADR we were stopped at the gate and questioned. They scanned our magic bands to confirm our ADR before we were allowed to enter - and we were in a taxi, so clearly were not going to be parking.
Also, I don't believe non-guests are allowed in the pool area so that could be a problem as well.

From what I understand, they will not be allowed by the pool or in the CL with you unless they are staying at GF.

For parking at the resort when they visit you, I would expect they will be allowed if they tell the guard at the entrance what they are doing, but they do have to be prepared to be told no. It seems that will vary depending on how busy the resort is and the whim of who is manning the guard booth. For parking all day I doubt they would let them, they can either a)ask b)just say they are visiting you and not mention it will be all day and see if the guard mentions a time limit, or c)just park at the TTC and meet you at the parks. C is the most by the rules answer.

As for them visiting with you at the resort, this is the one time that CL may be a hinderance. They are of course allowed to visit with you in your room. As for hanging out in the CL lounge with you, again there are some options. Since I would feel really obvious about trying to just "sneak" people into the lounge and I can assure you we would be the people confronted and "caught" :laughing:, I would recommend just asking a CM if you want to bring them to the lounge. I have heard of CMs saying that's fine, but they could say no. If I did have them in my room I personally wouldn't feel bad about taking extra snacks/drinks to the room and letting them share with me, but that's just me.

We have had a babysitter spend the day with our kids while we are staying CL, and she takes them to the lounge and gets food for herself as well as them, and the CMs have never cared. They even chat with her about the twins while they are down there. But that's not quite the same as your situation, just a time they don't seem to have an issue with someone not staying there using the lounge.

ETA I forgot about the pool. They are not actually allowed to use the pools. If they didn't want to swim I would just have them go to the pool area with you and sit at the table/chairs to interact with you while you are there. If they want to swim you could either do that despite the rules, or you can ask a lifeguard and see if they allow them to accompany you. I have heard of them allowing it, not sure if I've heard of them saying no when asked or not. If it's a less crowded time of year or day it would help your cause. I have also read about people successfully getting a "pool pass" for guests from the front desk, I don't see any harm in asking them ahead of time and seeing what they say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts