(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are renting DVC points and just found out that the owner was able to secure a reservation at VGF for us. We are so excited to be heading back in June again.

How exciting! Have fun planning. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We are planning a trip in December....a WDW trip after everything is all decorated is the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit...don't you think!!?? ;) Disney logic at work there....

I agree, Christmas time is so beautiful with everything all decorated! Since I got my first AP when I was there in June, I'm always thinking of times to go back.....lol. Not sure if I'll make it back this year after my Oct trip, but it never hurts to think about it as there's no such thing as too many Disney trips :goodvibes.

So we are quickly approaching our Grand vacation stay!! August 21-28. My question is when would you recommend we send our room request fax through touring plans? We will have 3 rooms garden view. We were thinking Sago would be nice but really we just want all three rooms in the same building how would you word this?

So we are quickly approaching our Grand vacation stay!! August 21-28. My question is when would you recommend we send our room request fax through touring plans? We will have 3 rooms garden view. We were thinking Sago would be nice but really we just want all three rooms in the same building how would you word this?
Did you already contact reservations and have the request added to your reservation? That seems to be the best way to make a request. :)

Well I went and booked a deluxe king and fingers are so so so crossed I get a turret!

I had a turret once 4030. Your views are amazing.
Thanks again for the pix.

We had room 4429 this past May;which is a standard club level king room. :cloud9:I’m like you Trishadono, after seeing Ashley Marie’s posts I am really wanting a king deluxe turret room. I am dreaming to go back to the Grand Floridian main building for our trip next May. Until my dream comes true, I will enjoy yours. :flower1:

Last edited:

We had room 4029 this past May;which is a standard club level king room. :cloud9:I’m like you Trishadono, after seeing Ashley Marie’s posts I am really wanting a king deluxe turret room. I am dreaming to go back to the Grand Floridian main building for our trip next May. Until my dream comes true, I will enjoy yours. :flower1:
Ive had 4329. That was a fun room. Loved the double balcony!

Well I went and booked a deluxe king and fingers are so so so crossed I get a turret!

I had a turret once 4030. Your views are amazing.
Thanks again for the pix.
I hope you get it! It’s an amazing room. Sad our stay was so short but thankful we were able to experience it. I won’t have the chance to again until the next time I can convince my husband to take an extra trip just for us - which is rare. Our kids are young, so we have many years of family vacations ahead of us where we need a room that you can book for more than two people! The funny thing is that room is so much larger, they could easily switch the sofa to a sleeper or even just wheel in a cot for the kids. Doesn’t make much sense!

We had room 4029 this past May;which is a standard club level king room. :cloud9:I’m like you Trishadono, after seeing Ashley Marie’s posts I am really wanting a king deluxe turret room. I am dreaming to go back to the Grand Floridian main building for our trip next May. Until my dream comes true, I will enjoy yours. :flower1:
We might be back to the GF in May too. Looking at the last week of April though first week of May. We actually have a comp 3-night stay to use that was offered to us due to a previous stay last year where we encountered so many issues. It is for a standard garden view room, but maybe we will book a few nights in CL to add on to the stay. We’ll see!

pixiedust:pixiedust:

I am dreaming to go back to the Grand Floridian main building for our trip next May.

Hope your dream comes true :cloud9:.

We actually have a comp 3-night stay to use that was offered to us due to a previous stay last year where we encountered so many issues. It is for a standard garden view room, but maybe we will book a few nights in CL to add on to the stay. We’ll see!

I think adding a couple nights CL is a great idea! :)

We might be back to the GF in May too. Looking at the last week of April though first week of May. We actually have a comp 3-night stay to use that was offered to us due to a previous stay last year where we encountered so many issues. It is for a standard garden view room, but maybe we will book a few nights in CL to add on to the stay. We’ll see!
We had an experience like this on a Free Dining trip with some big issues I would rather not disclose because they did make it up to us in more ways than just the room, and we got a standard also offered to us but we paid the difference to upgrade to a CL room.

We had an experience like this on a Free Dining trip with some big issues I would rather not disclose because they did make it up to us in more ways than just the room, and we got a standard also offered to us but we paid the difference to upgrade to a CL room.
I was wondering if they allowed that! I haven’t called yet because we weren’t sure about dates. That’s really great to know. I’ll probably take advantage of that option. I’m so spoiled by CL now.

And yes, management honestly blew me away with how promptly they responded to my feedback when I sent a letter. It was honestly months before I even got around to it. I thought I might just get a form letter back, but a resort manager personally called me within 24 hours. I did not ask for anything, but was very grateful to be offered something to make it up to us.

When would you recommend calling reservations? Like is now too soon?

Anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference. It's never too early, I add our requests when we book as I like to book via phone.

Anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference. It's never too early, I add our requests when we book as I like to book via phone.

I agree it’s never to early, plus I just like being on the phone with the Happiest Place in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we are going to be back at the GF Sept. 3-10 in a DVC studio! First time renting points/staying DVC. Wasn't planning on returning just yet, but got a great deal. My kids are going to be so excited.

Any thoughts on room requests for the DVC studios?
Ask for a higher level room facing the GF area and the pool. It was our pleasure to enjoy this view each morning and evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter