(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when the Grand Floridian 1st opened I dropped in for a night and was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a 1 bedroom turret suite with two entrances as well as a living room! I think it was on the 5th floor near the Concierge area. Needless to say the views were the best at all angles to see the grounds and the distant MK. The down side is once you taste this room, it spoils you! I wonder if these suites still exist or if they were converted to additional single rooms? As it turns out, I returned to the GF with my family that next week and ended up in Conch Key. A far cry from where I had stayed the week before but still great to my families eyes. Room rate then was $150 bucks a night! Just too bad the upgrade occured when I was alone. Additional good news was, Disney was giving out animation "cell" framed wall hangings(not phones) free to each GF guest. Those are now being traded for decent money on ebay these days.
Well that was then and 30 years later we are still GF fans and guests!

Hello fellow GF fans!
It's been a while but I just wanted to say Hi!
We had a terrific recent WDW visit..but..not at the GF this time..did a BC Poly split which was fun..especially since there were alot of DIS friends there at the same time! :goodvibes..

Working on our winter trip..which will likely be a BWI GF split..:thumbsup2..patiently..sort of :hyper:..waiting for the entire list of CP narrators to be released...

Hope that everyone is having a great summer..Safe travels and have grand stays to all those with GF trips coming up...you are in for a treat...we truly enjoyed our RPC stay this spring...and always look forward to going back...:earsgirl:

Hello fellow GF fans!
We had a terrific recent WDW visit..but..not at the GF this time..did a BC Poly split which was fun..especially since there were alot of DIS friends there at the same time! :goodvibes..

Working on our winter trip..which will likely be a BWI GF split..:thumbsup2..patiently..sort of :hyper:..waiting for the entire list of CP narrators to be released...

Hope that everyone is having a great summer..Safe travels and have grand stays to all those with GF trips coming up...you are in for a treat...we truly enjoyed our RPC stay this spring...and always look forward to going back...:earsgirl:

Blue! So glad you had such a lovely split stay! The GF is such fun in winter with all the festive touches. :santa: But, I still enjoy the slightly quieter Spring and I'm still miffed that we missed you in May.

Hello fellow GF fans!

What were your dates? We had to cross paths or just miss each other! We also did a BC/Poly split stay!!! Which was your favorite? Hope you had a great time!!

Hello fellow GF fans!

Hey stranger :wave:....a Poly/BC split is the best of both worlds! Glad you had a great time and were able to visit with some Dis friends :goodvibes.

Have fun with the rest of the planning for your winter trip :wizard:.

Just booked June 2019! Very excited to return to our Grand Home. My daughter does call the Grand her “house.”

How exciting! Have fun planning :).

Ha! Going to attempt to book a VGF/BCV split stay with June trip. Really excited to try it! @mrsap @followthatmouse @BlueSkies

Good luck, hope you are able to book that split ;).

Blue! So glad you had such a lovely split stay! The GF is such fun in winter with all the festive touches. :santa: But, I still enjoy the slightly quieter Spring and I'm still miffed that we missed you in May.

I was so sad about that too..Hopefully during a future trip....:goodvibes and I agree..while so lovely in its holiday finery...the GF lobby is kind of crazy come December....and really much more enjoyable in the spring!

Ha! Going to attempt to book a VGF/BCV split stay with June trip. Really excited to try it! @mrsap @followthatmouse @BlueSkies

Enjoy..that's a great split IMO!

Hi Blue - sounds like you had a great time. Maybe I could fit in your suitcase for your next trip to the GF! Haha.

Hey you! :hug: ..It was a fun trip! I really really enjoy the split stays! Glad that we tried BC...(one and done for us tho)..uh oh...don't want to ruffle any feathers with that comment....:blush:...lol...) it was very nice..but did not hold the same appeal as the BWI for us...altho we are planning to try YC early next year ...and yes you can def get into my suitcase...I am a big overpacker...why not add some friends into the suitcase too ;)!! lol...

mrsap I am so sorry that we didn't get to cross paths...I was hoping that when I was spending time with Trish that we would get to :goodvibes...congrats on the DVC owernership! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on VGF...while we get lots of feedback on the GF around here...we don't get nearly enough of the vacation club...

~Hope that anyone with early winter reservations got to book those CP packages when they opened...even tho passholders could book one day prior to the general public...and after a loooong time on hold...we did not get the restaurant that we wanted to..wanted to try Via Napoli this year...but it was not loaded into the system yet when I finally got thru to book it...and was unavaialbe when I checked the next afternoon when it was available to book online????????????:crazy2:...Worked out ok tho..lol...we really enjoy Chef's De France and were able to book it at the time we wanted and the show time that we wanted too.....:thumbsup2:thumbsup2..

Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday! :earsgirl:

Leaving for a 10-day trip in September and staying in one of the 3-bedroom Grand Villas. SO EXCITED!!! :cloud9:
You have to share some pictures of your 3-Br Villa. Also where you are in the building and what floor. I'd like to have all that space but realistically, what would be the comfortable maximum number of guests? (Not springbreak college style) Thanks!

I was so sad about that too..Hopefully during a future trip....:goodvibes and I agree..while so lovely in its holiday finery...the GF lobby is kind of crazy come December....and really much more enjoyable in the spring!

Enjoy..that's a great split IMO!

Hey you! :hug: ..It was a fun trip! I really really enjoy the split stays! Glad that we tried BC...(one and done for us tho)..uh oh...don't want to ruffle any feathers with that comment....:blush:...lol...) it was very nice..but did not hold the same appeal as the BWI for us...altho we are planning to try YC early next year ...and yes you can def get into my suitcase...I am a big overpacker...why not add some friends into the suitcase too ;)!! lol...

mrsap I am so sorry that we didn't get to cross paths...I was hoping that when I was spending time with Trish that we would get to :goodvibes...congrats on the DVC owernership! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on VGF...while we get lots of feedback on the GF around here...we don't get nearly enough of the vacation club...

~Hope that anyone with early winter reservations got to book those CP packages when they opened...even tho passholders could book one day prior to the general public...and after a loooong time on hold...we did not get the restaurant that we wanted to..wanted to try Via Napoli this year...but it was not loaded into the system yet when I finally got thru to book it...and was unavaialbe when I checked the next afternoon when it was available to book online????????????:crazy2:...Worked out ok tho..lol...we really enjoy Chef's De France and were able to book it at the time we wanted and the show time that we wanted too.....:thumbsup2:thumbsup2..

Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday! :earsgirl:

Hey there!! It would have been great to meet! I’m sure we’ll get another chance!!
Thank you so much! We are very excited to call GF ‘Home.’ I’ll definitelty share pics on our trips! Won’t be back at GF till next year, but it’s worth the wait!!!! When is your next trip?!!

Hello fellow GF fans! :wave2:

Leaving for a 10-day trip in September and staying in one of the 3-bedroom Grand Villas. SO EXCITED!!! :cloud9:

What a nice long trip! Enjoy!! :goodvibes and as other have said...hope that you will come back and share pics with us!

Hey there!! It would have been great to meet! I’m sure we’ll get another chance!!
Thank you so much! We are very excited to call GF ‘Home.’ I’ll definitelty share pics on our trips! Won’t be back at GF till next year, but it’s worth the wait!!!! When is your next trip?!!

We are planning a trip in December....a WDW trip after everything is all decorated is the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit...don't you think!!?? ;) Disney logic at work there....

~Pin collectors..or just GF fans that might be interested...there is a very cool GF 30th anniversary pin out now...since it was just their 30th anniversary...lol....so if you are heading to the GF anytime soon...you might want to get one....They are a limited edition...

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday....princess:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter