Disney's FORT WILDERNESS CABINS & CAMPGROUNDS Information & Questions

Anyone remember what the start time of the campfire sing along with Chip & Dale is in mid-October? Trying to make plans & would like to have a ballpark of the time it would start on October 13. We went last year but can't remember. Thanks!

Anyone remember what the start time of the campfire sing along with Chip & Dale is in mid-October? Trying to make plans & would like to have a ballpark of the time it would start on October 13. We went last year but can't remember. Thanks!
Over on the camping forum, I searched and found a copy of last year's October Calendar. It has Campfire lighting at 7:30pm, Sing-a-long at 8:00pm, and Movie at 8:40pm.

Does the comfort station that is near the pool in the cabin area have showers? We will be staying with a party of 6 in a cabin, and I was wondering if things got a little crowded in our cabin bathroom, would it be feasible to send a few of us over to the comfort station for a shower? I was thinking I'd request to be in loop 2500 for the proximity.

Does the comfort station that is near the pool in the cabin area have showers? We will be staying with a party of 6 in a cabin, and I was wondering if things got a little crowded in our cabin bathroom, would it be feasible to send a few of us over to the comfort station for a shower? I was thinking I'd request to be in loop 2500 for the proximity.

No, it doesn't. 2200 is the closest loop to a comfort station with showers (1100). 2100 used to be a cabin loop and was great for this option. Then 2200, 2300...

Over on the camping forum, I searched and found a copy of last year's October Calendar. It has Campfire lighting at 7:30pm, Sing-a-long at 8:00pm, and Movie at 8:40pm.
Thanks so much! I didn't realize there was another forum.

Random question about the cabin: In the bathroom, is there a clothesline that you can stretch across the bathtub to line dry clothes--the ones that you see in a lot of hotel rooms? I've seen a few photos of the bathroom and it doesn't look like there is--but maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks!

Random question about the cabin: In the bathroom, is there a clothesline that you can stretch across the bathtub to line dry clothes--the ones that you see in a lot of hotel rooms? I've seen a few photos of the bathroom and it doesn't look like there is--but maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks!

No, there isn't. We also line dry most of our clothes and hang them on the doorways, curtain rod in the hallway, and wood rafters. We have had to learn to be very creative :) Plus, the airflow helps avoid humidity/mildew smell.

No, there isn't. We also line dry most of our clothes and hang them on the doorways, curtain rod in the hallway, and wood rafters. We have had to learn to be very creative :) Plus, the airflow helps avoid humidity/mildew smell.
Thanks! I'll just plan on packing a bit more!

Can anyone please confirm that when checking out of Fort Wilderness to transfer to a different resort that bell services can pick up our luggage for us and tag it to be transferred? We'll be in a cabin. If we need to be with our luggage as it goes to bell services, the logistics change and I may change our plans for the day. I've always taken our suitcases to bell services at other resorts, but in this case we want to head in the opposite direction from where our bags will ultimately need to go, so I'm just thinking through the travel time. We won't be in any hurry to receive them on the other end. Thank you!

Last edited:
Can anyone please confirm that when checking out of Fort Wilderness to transfer to a different resort that bell services can pick up our luggage for us and tag it to be transferred? We'll be in a cabin. If we need to be with our luggage as it goes to bell services, the logistics change and I may change our plans for the day. I've always taken our suitcases to bell services at other resorts, but in this case we want to head in the opposite direction from where our bags will ultimately need to go, so I'm just thinking through the travel time. We won't be in any hurry to receive them on the other end. Thank you!

Yes you have to be with them, they will not pick them up from an empty Cabin. You can call early and ask for pickup

Yes you have to be with them, they will not pick them up from an empty Cabin. You can call early and ask for pickup
Thank you! To clarify, they will pick up the bags without our physically going to bell services, correct? We wouldn't want to leave the cabin before the bags do. :) I think this is what you mean that they will pick them up but I'm reading between the lines a little. Thank you!

Last edited:
I am trying to read through this whole thread, so forgive me if this has been asked, but can you see fireworks from any of the parks while staying at FW? I am sure you cant from the cabins, but what about by the lake? Thanks!

Thank you! To clarify, they will pick up the bags without our physically going to bell services, correct? We wouldn't want to leave the cabin before the bags do. :) I think this is what you mean that they will pick them up but I'm reading between the lines a little. Thank you!

Correct. BS will drive to your cabin to pick up your luggage. You must be present. Just call in advance to allow time.

I am trying to read through this whole thread, so forgive me if this has been asked, but can you see fireworks from any of the parks while staying at FW? I am sure you cant from the cabins, but what about by the lake? Thanks!

You can see the tops of the fireworks from the beach/marina. It's an obstructed view due to the trees on Discovery Island. They also pipe in the music.

We check into the cabins tomorrow. Just was told by Disney Travel that the campgrounds are officially opening back up today. They also told me that if I wanted to cancel or reschedule, I could do so free of charge because I was within their 7 day hurricane policy.

We check into the cabins tomorrow. Just was told by Disney Travel that the campgrounds are officially opening back up today. They also told me that if I wanted to cancel or reschedule, I could do so free of charge because I was within their 7 day hurricane policy.
Over on the camping board, people are reporting that they are checking in and posting pictures from the fort today. Looks like some of the camping loops are still closed but being worked on and shouldn't be long before they are fully functioning again.

Debating on staying here in Jan. My kids are adults now and trying to stay in one room is tight on space. We have 5 adults and trying to find options.

Does anyone have info on how good/bad the sofa bed is and it is a double?

I'm booked for end of January - 3 old guys. One has already "called" the sofa bed. I know it's a queen but looking at reviews the opinion varies. What concerns me is the one bathroom and I've read that the hot water runs out "it barely generates enough hot water for three people". I'm looking forward to reading answers to your question. I've called the bunk bed....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter