Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Does the Tower Lounge at the Contemporary have a freezer with Mickey Bars available? On our last stay last at BWI in April we noticed that the Innkeepers Lounge had a freezer filled with Mickey Bars and Mickey Sandwiches and it was the highlight of the trip for our 8 year old. Planning on a stay in the Tower Club this fall and hoping this is available there as well. Thanks!

Does the Tower Lounge at the Contemporary have a freezer with Mickey Bars available? On our last stay last at BWI in April we noticed that the Innkeepers Lounge had a freezer filled with Mickey Bars and Mickey Sandwiches and it was the highlight of the trip for our 8 year old. Planning on a stay in the Tower Club this fall and hoping this is available there as well. Thanks!
I believe both tower and atrium club now have the little ice cream freezer. Atrium club definitely did—there were mickey bars, sandwiches and I think some sort of fruit or ice pop. Enjoy!

Yep, there’s a freezer with treats on the Tower Club level. Have fun!

Didn't know whether to ask this here or the AK thread or the DVC thread but I managed to snag a week in an AKV concierge studio for next April break. Never have stayed concierge in Disney before. I piecemealed it day by day so I can have MS combine them in any variation. My question is, is it too much? It's costing me a lot of points obviously which hurts a bit lol but I do plan on making next April a slower trip with more leisure time at the resort.

Some things to consider is we really like split stays so if there was 7 month availability we could switch the first or second half of the trip. We do eat out on property a lot but also don't NEED to be eating out as much as we do when we're there. Even if we wanted to do breakfast and either lunch or dinner in the club is it doable with parks? I just have no idea how "worth it" a whole week is. One other thing my kid has allergies and I can see that they are very accommodating but how is Kilimanjaro club specifically with allergy food? Thanks for any opinions as I'd like to have MS combine the reservations sometime soon!
Sorry, late in replying as I am just now catching up on all things Dis for the week (and this week has been a doozy!) so I’m pretty confident that I can help answer your questions :). We stay at AKL CL using our DVC points for 3-4 weeks a year.

I have food allergies and have never had an issue there with being offered alternatives. If your kiddo has a more uncommon allergy, you might want to reach out to DSS to notate it. If it’s “common” like gluten, dairy, peanuts, etc., you are fine to just let them know when you arrive. The allergy food comes from Boma so for meals such as breakfast, you have many options as basically anything they are making for the buffet, they can likely make for your child. However, if it’s insanely busy in the lounge based on the time of year you’re going, they might stick to “scripted” allergy-friendly food such as vegan bobotie or Mickey waffles.

In terms of value, it’s more the unquantifiable things such as coming back hot and bothered from a park and having somebody stick a glass of sparkling wine in your hand to ease the pain 😜. Or, enjoying a leisurely breakfast before heading to the parks. One caveat: If you are planning to rope drop the parks daily, I would dissuade you from staying CL. You do become beholden to the schedule and find yourself rushing back to make certain mealtimes.

Sorry, late in replying as I am just now catching up on all things Dis for the week (and this week has been a doozy!) so I’m pretty confident that I can help answer your questions :). We stay at AKL CL using our DVC points for 3-4 weeks a year.

I have food allergies and have never had an issue there with being offered alternatives. If your kiddo has a more uncommon allergy, you might want to reach out to DSS to notate it. If it’s “common” like gluten, dairy, peanuts, etc., you are fine to just let them know when you arrive. The allergy food comes from Boma so for meals such as breakfast, you have many options as basically anything they are making for the buffet, they can likely make for your child. However, if it’s insanely busy in the lounge based on the time of year you’re going, they might stick to “scripted” allergy-friendly food such as vegan bobotie or Mickey waffles.

In terms of value, it’s more the unquantifiable things such as coming back hot and bothered from a park and having somebody stick a glass of sparkling wine in your hand to ease the pain 😜. Or, enjoying a leisurely breakfast before heading to the parks. One caveat: If you are planning to rope drop the parks daily, I would dissuade you from staying CL. You do become beholden to the schedule and find yourself rushing back to make certain mealtimes.
Honestly my kid (tree nut allergy) lives on Mickey waffles lol. Even just that if nothing else would be good enough for him. I love eating anything and everything so the food in the CL sounds perfect for me. Also I'm the only one that would rope drop and that's only when staying at a resort that's walkable usually so won't be happening this trip. This'll be a much more relaxed trip. So glad to hear it's worth it! I am having MS split my reservation into a 3 and a 4 which will give me the flexibility to 7 month it on the front end if I feel like it's too much to do a week as my first CL experience. Thanks for the advice!

Didn't know whether to ask this here or the AK thread or the DVC thread but I managed to snag a week in an AKV concierge studio for next April break. Never have stayed concierge in Disney before. I piecemealed it day by day so I can have MS combine them in any variation. My question is, is it too much? It's costing me a lot of points obviously which hurts a bit lol but I do plan on making next April a slower trip with more leisure time at the resort.

Some things to consider is we really like split stays so if there was 7 month availability we could switch the first or second half of the trip. We do eat out on property a lot but also don't NEED to be eating out as much as we do when we're there. Even if we wanted to do breakfast and either lunch or dinner in the club is it doable with parks? I just have no idea how "worth it" a whole week is. One other thing my kid has allergies and I can see that they are very accommodating but how is Kilimanjaro club specifically with allergy food? Thanks for any opinions as I'd like to have MS combine the reservations sometime soon!
I’m one of those that looks carefully at whether I’m going to get value out of something and I am a fan of AKL CL. For me, the 2 key questions are:
1) “Am I going to be around to take advantage of the food and beverage offerings?”
2) “Are the food and beverage offerings high quality?”

Let’s start with #1. Breakfast is 7-10am. This means you will not be rope dropping. That’s OK, we’re not early morning people anymore (although that will need to change with the new LLMP). During the day, it’s light snack, you would not be able to make a meal, but you would allegedly be in the park at that time. Then 5-7 pm they have heavy appetizers and drinks, including beer, & wine. You could make a meal of it, although we don’t (we usually get some dinner somewhere after the apps here, but I feel like we get less food at dinner because we’re not starving).

Let’s continue with #2. I always check for CL food pics here to make sure what they offer is what I enjoy eating. (And different people like different things)! I think AKL has the best onsite restaurants of all the Disney resorts. Food is flavorful and interesting. I like the breakfast at AKL CL. I like the bobtie and the different smoked salmons. They even have sambal and spicy mustard in the morning. I adore the cappuccino machine. 2 cappuccinos for me, 3 for my husband and one each for the teens and I’m already getting value out of our stay.

The evening apps are great too. There’s usually a little salad and a hot small plate duo and nice cheeses and charcuteries and really nice olives, and nice dips and everything is really nicely presented and the menu is interesting. And the wines are from South Africa and we really enjoyed them!

So, if you think you could be there are least 7-8am and 5-6pm, and you enjoy the type of food typically offered, you could get good value.

I’m one of those that looks carefully at whether I’m going to get value out of something and I am a fan of AKL CL. For me, the 2 key questions are:
1) “Am I going to be around to take advantage of the food and beverage offerings?”
2) “Are the food and beverage offerings high quality?”

Let’s start with #1. Breakfast is 7-10am. This means you will not be rope dropping. That’s OK, we’re not early morning people anymore (although that will need to change with the new LLMP). During the day, it’s light snack, you would not be able to make a meal, but you would allegedly be in the park at that time. Then 5-7 pm they have heavy appetizers and drinks, including beer, & wine. You could make a meal of it, although we don’t (we usually get some dinner somewhere after the apps here, but I feel like we get less food at dinner because we’re not starving).

Let’s continue with #2. I always check for CL food pics here to make sure what they offer is what I enjoy eating. (And different people like different things)! I think AKL has the best onsite restaurants of all the Disney resorts. Food is flavorful and interesting. I like the breakfast at AKL CL. I like the bobtie and the different smoked salmons. They even have sambal and spicy mustard in the morning. I adore the cappuccino machine. 2 cappuccinos for me, 3 for my husband and one each for the teens and I’m already getting value out of our stay.

The evening apps are great too. There’s usually a little salad and a hot small plate duo and nice cheeses and charcuteries and really nice olives, and nice dips and everything is really nicely presented and the menu is interesting. And the wines are from South Africa and we really enjoyed them!

So, if you think you could be there are least 7-8am and 5-6pm, and you enjoy the type of food typically offered, you could get good value.
Great breakdown definitely very helpful to put it into that context! Also you had me at many smoked salmons lol. You all have been very helpful and I am definitely very excited to be staying club level at AK as my first time!

PS If anyone has any great food pics definitely would love to see them!

Trying to decide on a club level room for an upcoming precruise stay. Staying clear away from Poly after the worst Disney hotel stay ever. If you do animal kingdom lodge, are you able to see animals from the windows in the lounge or the hotel rooms in that category? I know the restaurants in that hotel are amazing and trying to decide if eating at lounge is good or going to either of the restaurants instead.

I'm also torn because I am debating if I should do Coronado springs and get a gran destino tower club level room. I heard their club lounge is amazing too. My family likes grand Floridian but it's expensive and this would considered a moderate category.

Trying to decide on a club level room for an upcoming precruise stay. Staying clear away from Poly after the worst Disney hotel stay ever. If you do animal kingdom lodge, are you able to see animals from the windows in the lounge or the hotel rooms in that category? I know the restaurants in that hotel are amazing and trying to decide if eating at lounge is good or going to either of the restaurants instead.

I'm also torn because I am debating if I should do Coronado springs and get a gran destino tower club level room. I heard their club lounge is amazing too. My family likes grand Floridian but it's expensive and this would considered a moderate category.
I can answer two things here - the AKL lounge does not look out to the savannah, it opens to the lobby area (and I've heard it can be relatively noisy due to that).

Our one and only CL stay personally was at Coronado, and I can't speak highly enough of it. Their lounge is the only one expressly built as a CL lounge, and it shows. It's gorgeous, and overlooks EP and HS. The staff was attentive and fabulous. And it is significantly cheaper than the deluxe CLs. From what I've read, some of the the food offerings do tend to be a little "less" than what what you'd get at the other CLs, just not as fancy really, but still great.

The rooms booked CL at AKL are on the 4th floor and have views of the savannah and animals. Some rooms are quite the hike to the lounge. Lounge is on the 6th floor. FYI

GDT rooms all seem to have a decent view. The lounge is really nice. The way the tower is set up no room is FAR from the elevators so close-ish to the lounge.

Akl lounge is dark but kind of cozy. The 2 really are different experiences. Perhaps google some videos, I find that helps.

Our one and only CL stay personally was at Coronado, and I can't speak highly enough of it. Their lounge is the only one expressly built as a CL lounge, and it shows. It's gorgeous, and overlooks EP and HS. The staff was attentive and fabulous. And it is significantly cheaper than the deluxe CLs. From what I've read, some of the the food offerings do tend to be a little "less" than what what you'd get at the other CLs, just not as fancy really, but still great.
FWIW, I have stayed at almost every club level at least once and IMO, the food at the Cronos club is not lesser, just different than the other club lounges. The food at this lounge (and the lounge in general) is geared more toward adults. There is still stuff for kids, but the GDT feels geared toward conventioneers and the Cronos club is the same. So there is a little less basic kids food and more grown up food than I have experienced at other clubs.

FWIW, I have stayed at almost every club level at least once and IMO, the food at the Cronos club is not lesser, just different than the other club lounges. The food at this lounge (and the lounge in general) is geared more toward adults. There is still stuff for kids, but the GDT feels geared toward conventioneers and the Cronos club is the same. So there is a little less basic kids food and more grown up food than I have experienced at other clubs.
Thanks for the context. I probably didn't phrase my original response well. We actually LOVED the GDT food (both my husband and I, and our young kids), so I wasn't attempting to put it down at all. But I don't have any other CLs to compare it to, so I appreciate your additional info!

We got our pre-arrival phone call from the Poly for our 4th of July trip! Hoping our experience this time is better than the last.

We previously stayed the week they reopened after covid and it wasn’t great. Namely the staff was very new and we had difficulties having our allergy questions answered. That was especially difficult since our infant daughter had been diagnosed with a peanut allergy only a few months before the trip and we were still new to the world of allergies and traveling.

We have higher hopes this time around and are so excited to see the special fireworks and enjoy the atmosphere!

I have a Poly CL room view question. Are the water view CL rooms first floor only or first and second? I've only stayed resort view. TIA!

No the Water View CL rooms are on all 3 floors. However there are very few on the 3rd floor. Since only one side has any water view and most of those rooms are considered TPV.

Dave

Thanks for the context. I probably didn't phrase my original response well. We actually LOVED the GDT food (both my husband and I, and our young kids), so I wasn't attempting to put it down at all. But I don't have any other CLs to compare it to, so I appreciate your additional info!
I didn't think you were being negative at all. Just adding some context for people that have not experienced other CL and have heard the same things as you about the food. Cronos is probably our second favorite CL to stay at/visit. If Coronado had a better transport system or was walking distance to a park, it would probably be first

How long a pre-cruise stay? I think I lean Destino Tower for your situation. Good leisurely vibe to kick off your cruise.

Here is how we did it:
in 2005 we booked the Wonder(only 1 of 2 ships out yet), room 8030, the Walter E Disney Suite. It was the combo land and sea so 4 days on land and 4 days at sea; Since it was for my DD's Bat Mitzvah I wanted to do more, so..... we front ended another 4 days to the land portion. I don't know if it is still the same way but your hotel was based on your ships class level; So we were assigned to the GF Concierge level(what CL was called back then); the only problem was we wanted room 4421, our favorite 4th floor honeymoon turret but since it was a room for only 2 the computer system would not let us stay there with three; So.... a call to Michael Eisner's office and another wonderful conversation with his(and Walt's previously) assistant Lucille Martin, may she rest in peace, and voila, we got the entire week in 4421 with a roll in bed, and then the 4 nts in the Walt Suite on the cruise; DW never wanted to leave the suite with the baby grand piano but we did have to eat. The 40 foot balcony was amazing; So for us back in the day the GF was it. However, now due to mobility issues it is the BWI CL although we never did another Disney cruise. We did do the Big Red Boat way back when in one of the Zodiac suites but they stuck us in the Contemporary Garden Wing which certainly didn't reflect the level on the ship.

If you can, I would do the GF or BWI CL pre cruise. We also did the AKL CL when it first opened when Don Deferbache, previously from the Poly, was in the lounge and had a great view of the savanah so that would be my next choice.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest