Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Interesting! I have a night at WL CL booked a few weeks from now (as part of a 3-night split with BC CL and GF CL). That night was just booked recently (maybe within the last week or so), but haven't heard from them yet. If I do, I'll report back!
No worries, I was one of the people reporting the outreach. I arrived 4/11 and they emailed a week before. I never contacted them before that. I booked thru a TA (related to the board). Then I got a call on my cell the day before I arrived. Both communications were to make sure everything was taken care of and asking if there were any special occasions or allergies, those type of questions. After leaving got a follow up email from the GM at the lounge. Very impressed with the communication from them.

No worries, I was one of the people reporting the outreach. I arrived 4/11 and they emailed a week before. I never contacted them before that. I booked thru a TA (related to the board). Then I got a call on my cell the day before I arrived. Both communications were to make sure everything was taken care of and asking if there were any special occasions or allergies, those type of questions. After leaving got a follow up email from the GM at the lounge. Very impressed with the communication from them.

Thank you for the clarification! I'm really looking forward to staying there after reading so many positive reviews on this thread.

I think for us, it's the kids that talk about being able to grab snacks and stuff throughout the day and take breakfast to the room and when friends ask if it's all included in the rate we have to then explain. When we go for a long time, we only get tickets for half of our stay, so that the rest are resort days and the kids love the ability to come and go to the lounge while they are just hanging out, actually our middle son prefers the resort days to the park days (GASP!!!)

I have all boys and the oldest is 8, so I don’t really think they talk amongst their friends that much yet. Maybe in the future, we’ll see. We kind of do the same thing, lots of resort time, but we do it by getting APs occasionally and then just going to the parks we’re close to for our 3 FPs and spending the rest of the day at the resort or the ones we can walk to (or monorail to when at the MK resorts). I run into the problem that we want so much resort time it’s hard to book things, even when we technically have lots of time in our schedule! The APs are probably not a good use of money for us, but allow us the freedom to not feel like we need long park days and can go whenever we feel like it.

A few weekends ago, my DD and I went out of town for an overnight trip. It was the first time we'd stayed in a hotel since staying at BWI CL last month. She asked me if the hotel would have turndown service with chocolates. When I told her no, she was shocked! I've created a tiny monster... :scared:

My kids sound similar, but with different CL perks (they like the lounge with snacks and drinks, don’t even notice turndown. I however, love turndown with fresh towels, chocolate, and a freshly made bed if they had napped or just messed it up already). We stayed at a Sheraton in Newark not too long ago, and did concierge, and it was a similar setup but not nearly as nice as Disney. They room was tiny and cramped, and the people were definitely pretty stuffy and our kids stood out much more. But it continues to make the kids think that’s a normal part of hotels that aren’t Great Wolf Lodge or small one night places to stay like Hampton Inn.

They don't have bottled water in the lounges do they? I thought I read somewhere they didn't. I would really appreciate it if they did.

Just returned from AKL and BC. AKL CMs will get you small bottles of water anytime; just ask! No bottled water at BC lounge.

Also, not sure if anyone has posted this but AKL lounge has a fabulous new espresso machine! The CM mentioned they’d only had it for about a week now and he thought they were the only lounge so far to have this new one.
It’s very easy to use ~~ made perfect macchiatos each time at the push of a button!

Last edited:
The IPOs have been replaced by a centralized service, as you mentioned:

Disney Signature Services
(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Thank you so much!

Just FYI, based on reports around here it seems that WL CL is the only one doing that direct pre-arrival outreach that comes from actual CL CMs a few days before arrival. Not really sure why, but it’s the only CL that seems to do it.

BTW, giving CR CL a whirl, eh? :-)

LOL! I've actually stayed there years ago, but it was only 2 of us and now I'm traveling with a bigger group, most of whom haven't been there in almost a decade and one of whom has significant disabilities, so it's a whole different planning ball game!

Interesting! I have a night at WL CL booked a few weeks from now (as part of a 3-night split with BC CL and GF CL). That night was just booked recently (maybe within the last week or so), but haven't heard from them yet. If I do, I'll report back!

They contacted me about a week before our trip last August. I was shocked as, it turned out, it was an actual CM from the Old Faithful Club who called with a direct number and e-mail. We then met her when we arrived at the resort. It was such a nice, personalized touch. I LOVE the Old Faithful Club - definitely my favorite of all CL we've stayed in. Have fun!

Hey GADisneyDad14, did you get to try the chicken nuggets in the lounge at AKL? Since I have 2.5 days with CL we will get to have dinner on a Wednesday night and by the looks of the menu, that night will be one where my daughter and her friend will most certainly eat what is on the menu for dinner. (I have a little budget set back each night for them to have something in Mara in case the dinner offerings are a bit wild for them) But on Wednesday I think we can eat 100% for free in the lounge!
Do they like uncrustables? My dd23 still does and they had them every nite .

Hey GADisneyDad14, did you get to try the chicken nuggets in the lounge at AKL? Since I have 2.5 days with CL we will get to have dinner on a Wednesday night and by the looks of the menu, that night will be one where my daughter and her friend will most certainly eat what is on the menu for dinner. (I have a little budget set back each night for them to have something in Mara in case the dinner offerings are a bit wild for them) But on Wednesday I think we can eat 100% for free in the lounge!

They had them when we were there last week and both kids liked them, however they strangely had no ketchup up there (at least when we were there) so if you need ketchup to fully enjoy your chicken nuggets, I'd grab some at the Mara or something!

Also, not sure if anyone has posted this but AKL lounge has a fabulous new espresso machine! The CM mentioned they’d only had it for about a week now and he thought they were the only lounge so far to have this new one.
It’s very easy to use ~~ made perfect macchiatos each time at the push of a button!

I'm so excited about this! I loved the old espresso machine and used it often, so I can't wait to try out this new one! :coffee: It's the little things in life. :cloud9:

Just returned from AKL and BC. AKL CMs will get you small bottles of water anytime; just ask! No bottled water at BC lounge.

Thanks for the info!

When I was at AKL first week of April.... one afternoon they were doing some serious work underneath the counter where the espresso machine is. Plumbers, electricians, etc. Manager types around monitoring. They had to move the afternoon offerings off to a corner because the whole area was roped off.

I kept wanting to ask what they were doing, but never did. Now I’m wondering if it was prep for this new machine.

Great to see new additions to CL.

They had them when we were there last week and both kids liked them, however they strangely had no ketchup up there (at least when we were there) so if you need ketchup to fully enjoy your chicken nuggets, I'd grab some at the Mara or something!
I prefer a good buttermilk ranch dressing, and I think they have that, right. One kid will not want anything to dip in, the other likes the ranch as well.

:goodvibes:confused3
Thanks for the info. Bottled water should be a standard offering at all CL.

I agree. I don’t know why they seem to have drawn the line at bottled water :confused3. I wouldn’t have thought it would be any more problem or overused than soft drinks or beer, but I guess I’m wrong. I’ve never had bottled water available at any CL stay- we’ve done Poly, Atrium Club, RPC, YC, and WL. Some of the ones I’ve stayed at have apparantely had bottled water at times, but never when we’ve stayed.

:goodvibes:confused3

I agree. I don’t know why they seem to have drawn the line at bottled water :confused3. I wouldn’t have thought it would be any more problem or overused than soft drinks or beer, but I guess I’m wrong. I’ve never had bottled water available at any CL stay- we’ve done Poly, Atrium Club, RPC, YC, and WL. Some of the ones I’ve stayed at have apparantely had bottled water at times, but never when we’ve stayed.
Wow! That is crazy!

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or insight on this.

I am traveling with a group of 7 in November. We booked a Hospitality Suite at CR with a capacity of 7, but, due to one of our party having significant disabilities, we have also booked a separate room for him and his nurse so everyone can be comfortable. The Hospitality Suite is in the Garden Wing, so I booked a separate Garden Wing room (which, hopefully, I know, not guaranteed - will connect)

So, 5 in the CL suite (with a capacity of 7) and 2 in the extra room. The reservations are linked. I was told by WDW when I booked, that because I put 2 in a regular garden wing room, they may not be able to go to the CL lounge. I asked if I could place all 7 of us in the suite and then just book that extra room and was told no because I would have duplicate names on the 2 reservations. sigh. They said my best bet is to talk to the CL CMs when we get there and see if they will let them in the lounge (perhaps ask to add them as "day guests" to the suite since we are not over capacity) I'm hoping this won't be a problem, but I'm starting to stress over it.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or insight on this.

I am traveling with a group of 7 in November. We booked a Hospitality Suite at CR with a capacity of 7, but, due to one of our party having significant disabilities, we have also booked a separate room for him and his nurse so everyone can be comfortable. The Hospitality Suite is in the Garden Wing, so I booked a separate Garden Wing room (which, hopefully, I know, not guaranteed - will connect)

So, 5 in the CL suite (with a capacity of 7) and 2 in the extra room. The reservations are linked. I was told by WDW when I booked, that because I put 2 in a regular garden wing room, they may not be able to go to the CL lounge. I asked if I could place all 7 of us in the suite and then just book that extra room and was told no because I would have duplicate names on the 2 reservations. sigh. They said my best bet is to talk to the CL CMs when we get there and see if they will let them in the lounge (perhaps ask to add them as "day guests" to the suite since we are not over capacity) I'm hoping this won't be a problem, but I'm starting to stress over it.

We had a similar situation a few years ago at the WL. We were initially booked with 6 people in a deluxe club level room, 5 adults, one child, and one under 3 so we all fit no problem according to Disney. Then we simply decided we didn't want to all have to share the space the entire week, so we ended up adding 2 additional rooms and split up. Me, my DH, and 2 sons kept the Deluxe CL room and the others had regular rooms. So now we were the only ones who had CL access. We were *hoping* that they might look at the situation - that they actually got the cost of 2 additional rooms out of us for the same amount of people, and that they were all at least initially listed on our deluxe room as guests and we would all fit under the occupancy of the CL room- and let the other 3 have CL access, but they would not. We hadn't expected it, but had been hoping and thinking it would be nice of them. We also didn't take it any further than simply asking the CM at the concierge desk, since while it would have been good customer service of them to look at the big picture and see it was a bit of an unusual situation they certainly had no obligation to do it. We did then have to have them remove the additional names from our room to get the additional adult fees removed, because we were still paying extra for more than 2 adults in the room (we had been willing to leave them on the room and pay the extra adult fee and then let them have the CL access). I still wonder if we had gotten the right manager and explained the entire situation if they might have let us, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Sure, they could have paid more depending on availability and gotten CL rooms on that floor, so we figured we weren't going to make a big deal of it. I also wonder if we had just left their names on our room and paid the extra adult fees for them if their bands would have just let them into the lounge. We didn't try that prior to the discussion. The 3 adults were apparently allowed to be listed in 2 rooms, because they were for the first night before we had them removed from our room. Nothing was mentioned or flagged for any of us when we all checked in.

Now having said all of that, your story is different given the medical situation. Not technically different, since it's the exact same situation regarding room occupancy and rooms booked, but I would like to hope they would look at your big picture and grant access. In your case I would likely take it to a manager if the first CM i asked said it wasn't allowed. I tend to think they will allow it if they take the time to understand the entire situation, and don't just knee jerk a "no" because the one room isn't CL, but that's just my opinion.

OMG! OMG! Was it the touchscreen one with no more messing about with nesspreso pack things?!!

We had a similar situation a few years ago at the WL. We were initially booked with 6 people in a deluxe club level room, 5 adults, one child, and one under 3 so we all fit no problem according to Disney. Then we simply decided we didn't want to all have to share the space the entire week, so we ended up adding 2 additional rooms and split up. Me, my DH, and 2 sons kept the Deluxe CL room and the others had regular rooms. So now we were the only ones who had CL access. We were *hoping* that they might look at the situation - that they actually got the cost of 2 additional rooms out of us for the same amount of people, and that they were all at least initially listed on our deluxe room as guests and we would all fit under the occupancy of the CL room- and let the other 3 have CL access, but they would not. We hadn't expected it, but had been hoping and thinking it would be nice of them. We also didn't take it any further than simply asking the CM at the concierge desk, since while it would have been good customer service of them to look at the big picture and see it was a bit of an unusual situation they certainly had no obligation to do it. We did then have to have them remove the additional names from our room to get the additional adult fees removed, because we were still paying extra for more than 2 adults in the room (we had been willing to leave them on the room and pay the extra adult fee and then let them have the CL access). I still wonder if we had gotten the right manager and explained the entire situation if they might have let us, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Sure, they could have paid more depending on availability and gotten CL rooms on that floor, so we figured we weren't going to make a big deal of it. I also wonder if we had just left their names on our room and paid the extra adult fees for them if their bands would have just let them into the lounge. We didn't try that prior to the discussion. The 3 adults were apparently allowed to be listed in 2 rooms, because they were for the first night before we had them removed from our room. Nothing was mentioned or flagged for any of us when we all checked in.

Now having said all of that, your story is different given the medical situation. Not technically different, since it's the exact same situation regarding room occupancy and rooms booked, but I would like to hope they would look at your big picture and grant access. In your case I would likely take it to a manager if the first CM i asked said it wasn't allowed. I tend to think they will allow it if they take the time to understand the entire situation, and don't just knee jerk a "no" because the one room isn't CL, but that's just my opinion.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'm gearing myself up for a "no" and it may not be a big deal anyway. The young man who is disabled really won't be able to enjoy the offerings in the lounge. I was just hoping we could all go up to the lounge at least one night to see the fireworks. I'm also thinking, since 5 of us will have MB's to access the CL floor (I believe you use the band in the elevator to get to the floor if I recall?), if we all simply go up together in the elevator, no one will even notice?

My other thought is to make his and his nurse's room a room-only and then simply list 2 additional people (maybe using their middle names?) on the CL room? That way we have 7 people listed on the CL room and 2 on the regular room (but still only have 7 people total, if that makes sense). WDW just seems to take great issue with 2 people being on 2 room reservations and I don't want to cause any problems. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter